"Becoming someones soul"..?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What the heck does this mean? o-O Some random girl asked me.

Removing her name to follow forum rules.

": Would you like to join me at my side being a blood doll or a vamp?

I will take good care of you :)

: I will do everything I have to, to make sure you are doin great and know what to do for the game:)
[So are willing to join me and become my soul"

Can you remove this if it does happen? I have no clue what this means, so.. I also think it's one of those annoying vampires.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Why didn't you ask the, "
random girl
", all this stuff?   She'd be the one to inquire to. 

You said that you are, "
removing her name to follow forum rules
", so you have her name. 

Send her an IM and ask her your questions.

Don't need to be so..rude you know.

Edit: I also don't trust asking these vampires anything at all. I heard the game is popular but most are annoying.

LuciaRiley wrote:

Why didn't you ask the, "
random girl
", all this stuff?   She'd be the one to inquire to. 

You said that you are, "
removing her name to follow forum rules
", so you have her name. 

Send her an IM and ask her your questions.

Don't need to be so..rude you know.

Edit: I also don't trust asking these vampires anything at all. I heard the game is popular but most are annoying.

My comment was not rude.  

But, since you have reacted so poorly to a normal helpful comment like mine, all I can say is:

Carry on, and good luck getting information. 

It is probably Bloodlines she is inviting you to participate in.  Its a HUD based game,  She wants to bite you and take your soul and have you join her clan maybe, for which she gets points and more status in her clan which allows her to rise in it towards a postion of power.  A blood doll is a human that a vamp can feed off regularly and gain blood which they need to participate in other aspects of the game.  If you allow this, your name will be in their database and on their website as a taken soul. Unless your interested in playing the Bloodlines game, you probably don't want to allow it. 

It is just a game though, and really doesn't mean anything unless you choose to participate in it.  It annoys some people who are constantly asked to be bitten or to give up their soul.  If you want not to be bothered by vamps playing Bloodlines, get the garlic necklace from the Marketplace which is free.  Wear it in world.  Once worn you can take it off.  What this does is to make you off limits to Bloodline vamps. 

lol

Celestial was right, telling you the best would be to ask that girl? But I do believe many people are rather shy and its easier to just post it on the forums:) and thats fine too... 

First, avatars have no souls! Its just a game, and in order to play it you need a HUD, and a bunch of other stuff lol

Being a blood doll is letting a vampire bite you and suck your blood. Its just an animation, and you need to click "Yes" to allow it to play. She can bite you few times, and every time suck some amount of blood out of your avatar. But if you eat a special apple (which you can pick up in a nice vampire garden) your avatar blood level will go up. So basically you can be a blood doll forever. The question is, who is going to buy you apples? 

When you loose all your blood, if I remember correctly, you need to bite a vampire to become one. But I forgot it lol. And if you do become a vampire, your blood level will go down by 0.25 liter every day at midnight. You can feed by biting random new residents (which is strictly forbidden but many vamps are doing that), getting yourself a blood doll or buying a tank of blood and feeding from that. You can also buy a special amulet (or something) and your blood level wont drop. 

What is good about vampires that I've met is the sense of community. Many new residents are feeling lost and if you like that life style I would say go ahead, get to know the girl better and see if you can become good friends. Tell her you need time to decide about giving your soul to someone lol

I was in a vampire clan after I joined SL, met some really good people and they helped me learn many things. Nothing bad will happen if you join, and nothing bad will happen if you don't. Its all up to you. And its never a bad thing to ask questions;)

bloodlines changed their ToS after linden had a chat with them about random spambites. is what i heard

most the clan leaders pretty strict with their clan members about spam biting. will get kicked out the clan for spambiting

also quite a few clan leaders will also file a complaint with bloodlines against spampires. a spampire can get kicked out of the whole game when that happens

yes seems like

when that game first came out was kinda played like a gridwide shooter game mostly. just run round and spambite people to make the scores to get higher on the website lists. like level up and all that

is a few freshies still try play that way but they dont last long anymore. not by the WAs and infohubs anyways

bloodlines players more into roleplay aspects of the whole vampire lycan thing now i think. dont know really bc i dont play it. am still showing up on that game as freshmeat or something bc i dont eat garlic

Just for the halibut, here's my 2 cents. 

If you wear the garlic necklace you also wind up in their database.  It's just as easy to just say no thanks when spammed. If they don't take no for an answer you can mute them.  And if they are really pesky then say don't bite me in local so the Sim owner or manager hears you and they will usually boot the spammer for you. 

Not getting into all the other shpeals or sharing my $0.02 on the whole bloodlines....but...

a blood doll is basically just someone they feed off of on a regular basis, ie their "nourishment" aka "soul", it wasn't an unfinished sentence, though it's not one typically used anymore I don't think (I haven't seen that used in some time actually)

carry on

When I get random bite request I immediately IM the person with this:

(°;:::;°)

The responses I get from the vampires are varied, such as:

• lol
• hahahaha
• 0.o
• sorry to have bothered you
• total silence
• some very thirsty ones don't get it and send repeated bite offers

Some well behaved vampires IM first and ask politely "may I send you a bite offer?".
Sometimes even an interesting chat may spark up.

Vampires are fun to "play" with. :smileylol: :smileytongue:

First I want to say that Celestial was not right to say go ask that random girl your questions.  It's clear you don't feel you could trust her answers.  In my experience many vamps will actually mislead you to gain personal advantage.  

Beyond that I have nothing.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

First I want to say that Celestial was not right to say go ask that random girl your questions.  It's clear you don't feel you could trust her answers.  In my experience many vamps will actually mislead you to gain personal advantage.  

Well, I disagree Qwalyphi. 

There was nothing wrong with me saying to the OP "go ask that random girl your questions". 

It makes perfect sense to ask the one person who might actually know the answers, instead of all the people here tossing out speculations.  

Also, was not clear in the OP's post (original post) that the OP felt she could not trust the random girl's answers.  All the OP said was regarding the random girl was, " Can you remove this if it does happen? I have no clue what this means, so.. I also think it's one of those annoying vampires."   Where does she say in that original post anything about not trusting the person? 

We're not children here in SL. There's no reason why me telling another adult to go to the source for their information, instead of fishing around on a forum with speculators, is not good advice.  It's what I'd do, and it's what I'd tell anyone to do who really wanted information. 

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Well, I disagree Qwalyphi. 

There was nothing wrong with me saying to the OP "g
o ask that random girl your questions
". 

It makes perfect sense to ask the
one person
who might actually
know
the answers, instead of all the people here tossing out speculations.  

Also, was
not
clear in the OP's post (original post) that the OP felt she could not trust the random girl's answers.  All the OP said was regarding the random girl was, "
Can you remove this if it does happen? I have no clue what this means, so.. I also think it's one of those annoying vampires.
"   Where does she say in that original post anything about not trusting the person? 

We're not children here in SL. There's no reason why me telling another adult to
go to the source
for their information, instead of fishing around on a forum with speculators, is not good advice.  It's what I'd do, and it's what I'd tell anyone to do who
really
wanted information. 

Wow, you're just a rude person in general. Get away from me and my forum threads. I've not been here for 4 years like some people have. Jesus christ, take your bitchfit elsewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.