Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is a small comfort in knowing that it wasn't something *I* did, or because I have a wireless connection, or ... any of the numerous other reasons I was having trouble TPing out of the house I'd accidentally landed in while flying around looking at different properties!   

(sigh) But SecondLife Interruptus always leaves one feeling so .... unfulfilled and wanting more......

Sy Beck wrote:

They will only tell you something if they can pin the blame on somebody else (another company), they would never tell you about a DoS attack or that a cheap piece of junk they've bought has just been fried
or that some server monkey unplugged the system to charge his iPhone up.

Brilliant! It made me laugh.

bleh opengrid / other private sl servers are sparsly populated at best. moast of the sims are run on acient systems or with poor bandwidth. you wont have anything from sl either. i dont reccomend them for exploreing at moast i use them for build testing befor i part with L$ for uploading on ll grid

SyrenaViolet wrote:

funny thing is the marketplace is working better than usual for me

Ah-HA!  Now we're getting somewhere.  So for the past month the MP has been borked but SL running fine.  Today SL is borked but the MP is better.

Ergo, apparently LL can't run BOTH SL & the MP concurrently and since a lot of people have been pleading for the MP to be fixed LL decided to address that, thus SL went down. *grins*

Iggwar wrote:

bleh opengrid / other private sl servers are sparsly populated at best. moast of the sims are run on acient systems or with poor bandwidth. you wont have anything from sl either. i dont reccomend them for exploreing at moast i use them for build testing befor i part with L$ for uploading on ll grid

With the Phoenix viewer, and probably many others, you can upload to SL for free (I don't know about mesh uploads though). It's a temporary upload and doesn't last more than a day or three, but it's brilliant for testing stuff before paying for the upload.

Alsi there's the beta grid (is that still going?). You pay for the uploads there but the money is free. What you upload there, doesn't come into the proper SL. It is (or was) great for testing before paying for uploads.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.