Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

evoluchun1981 wrote:

yeah i dont play imvu anymore since i found sl well if its inworldz like everyone is sayin then its cool if its another dont see why u cant mention it since others mentioned that one
:)

It could be because initially some people who went to IW were dissing SL and perhaps in SL forums so it was a bit touchy for awhile.  That all seems to have died down now, though.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i thought utherverse closed down?

or is it anotherone i am thinking of?

There was that "Blue" one awhile back.  Blue Rock...Blue-something.  I know it was popular for awhile but I haven't heard anything about it in quite some time.  The only one I have actually visited is IW.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

There was that "Blue" one awhile back.  Blue Rock...Blue-something.  I know it was popular for awhile but I haven't heard anything about it in quite some time.  The only I have actually visited is IW.

Blue mars..

but the one i am thinking of was doing really well then they ran into money problems..one day just told their users they were shut down..

it was like just a year or so ago i think..but it was popular..people from sl used it and  sl a lot

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

There was that "Blue" one awhile back.  Blue Rock...Blue-something.  I know it was popular for awhile but I haven't heard anything about it in quite some time.  The only I have actually visited is IW.

Blue mars..

but the one i am thinking of was doing really well then they ran into money problems..one day just told their users they were shut down..

it was like just a year or so ago i think..but it was popular..people from sl used it and  sl a lot

Third Rock, maybe?  (I think that was the name of another one.)

Edit to add - Thank you for refreshing my memory on Blue Mars.  My memory is such that I often remember "part" of a name...lol.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Iggwar wrote:

well i say i dunno more like i cant rember. wichone is on the crusade for it

OZ

but he more or less said..whoever came up with that really should be ashamed of themselves lol

I'm slightly confused by your statement here?  Are you saying that Oz said whoever came up with "temp uploads" should be ashamed of themselves?

As I recall the interview with Jessica what he said was the temp uploads involved a hack, using a server feature for something it wasn't intended for.  He also stated that LL was not going to ask the TPV's to disable or remove it. 

He went on to say that it was possible future changes in the server code might wind up breaking it but that also they were looking at a way to provide the feature without it requiring a hack.  Of course on this last point as with all things Linden Lab I wouldn't hold my breath.  Still, I find Oz to be pretty forthright and honest.

i just mentioned what he said in the first meeting..not in the one on one with Jessica..

his first reaction..

i like OZ and i think he is really trying to get things done and in a fair way..he rocks in my opinion!! \o/

but that was the thing i remembered when it came up at first in the first meeting..

OZ interview

but if you go to i believe  01:24:35 of the interview ..you will see he still looks at them pretty much the same way..the way they were put in more or less..he goes so far as to say "it's an unauthorized misuse of a server feature that actually should have never been allowed..and frankly if it would have happened on my watch it wouldn't have been allowed"..

he is not  on some crusade  for it or anything like that..it's more or less..if it breaks it will be because of fixing something else..it won't be broken because they are out to break temp textures..

then later goes on to say"that if we do break it i hope that we will provide a better alternative than what was there to solve the need that i understand is there"..

OZ kicks butt i think and i enjoy all of his honesty..the good and the bad..it's so much more refreshing that the old LL M crew version of dancing around the bush and really never saying a thing lol

My/secondlife profiles down again

[Reopened] Unscheduled Maintenance

[Reopened 11:00am PDT 26 April 2012] Services are undergoing additional maintenance - logins, billing, and other issues may occur. At this time, we have no estimated time of repair. Please continue to monitor this blog for updates.

[COMPLETED 10:45am PDT 26 April 2012]  All maintenance has been completed.

[updated 9:10am PDT 26 April 2012] We are continuing to work to restore services. At this time, we have no estimated time of repair. Please continue to monitor this blog for updates.

[Posted 7:20am PDT 26 April 2012]  We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance. This may cause some Residents to be logged out or prevent some from being able to login. Our homepage (www.secondlife.com) is also unavailable during this maintenance, so live chat service is unavailable. Please keep an eye on this blog for updates.

This ent

Phil Deakins wrote:

Although there is nothing on the status blog to say everything is back to nomal, I altered the title of this thread to reflect that we are able to log in again.

[Reopened 11:00am PDT 26 April 2012] Services are undergoing additional maintenance - logins, billing, and other issues may occur. At this time, we have no estimated time of repair. Please continue to monitor this blog for updates.

You were a little hasty to change the topic into "FINISHED" :D

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Iggwar wrote:

OZ

but he more or less said..whoever came up with that really should be ashamed of themselves lol

I'm slightly confused by your statement here?  Are you saying that Oz said whoever came up with "temp uploads" should be ashamed of themselves?

As I recall the interview with Jessica what he said was the temp uploads involved a hack, using a server feature for something it wasn't intended for.  He also stated that LL was not going to ask the TPV's to disable or remove it. 

He went on to say that it was possible future changes in the server code might wind up breaking it but that also they were looking at a way to provide the feature without it requiring a hack.  Of course on this last point as with all things Linden Lab I wouldn't hold my breath.  Still, I find Oz to be pretty forthright and honest.

i just mentioned what he said in the first meeting..not in the one on one with Jessica..

his first reaction..

i like OZ and i think he is really trying to get things done and in a fair way..he rocks in my opinion!! \o/

but that was the thing i remembered when it came up at first in the first meeting..

but if you go to i believe  01:24:35 of the interview ..you will see he still looks at them pretty much the same way..the way they were put in more or less..he goes so far as to say
"it's an unauthorized misuse of a server feature that actually should have never been allowed..and frankly if it would have happened on my watch it wouldn't have been allowed"..

he is not  on some crusade  for it or anything like that..it's more or less..if it breaks it will be because of fixing something else..it won't be broken because they are out to break temp textures..

then later goes on to say
"that if we do break it i hope that we will provide a better alternative than what was there to solve the need that i understand is there"..

OZ kicks butt i think and i enjoy all of his honesty..the good and the bad..it's so much more refreshing that the old LL M crew version of dancing around the bush and really never saying a thing lol

Yep.  I have a feeling that just on general principle he doesn't like server hacks because of the potential problems (including possibly security) that they can cause.   As I recall also sometime during the interview he said that was one of the concerns they had and why before implementing new features that involved some type of manipulation be submitted first for review by LL.

Though there may be some who just feel he was blowing wind up everybody's nether regions I don't think he was.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Iggwar wrote:

OZ

his first reaction..

but if you go to i believe  01:24:35 of the interview ..you will see he still looks at them pretty much the same way..the way they were put in more or less..he goes so far as to say
"it's an unauthorized misuse of a server feature that actually should have never been allowed..and frankly if it would have happened on my watch it wouldn't have been allowed"..

then later goes on to say
"that if we do break it i hope that we will provide a better alternative than what was there to solve the need that i understand is there"..

Yep.  I have a feeling that just on general principle he doesn't like server hacks because of the potential problems (including possibly security) that they can cause.   As I recall also sometime during the interview he said that was one of the concerns they had and why before implementing new features that involved some type of manipulation be submitted first for review by LL.

Though there may be some who just feel he was blowing wind up everybody's nether regions I don't think he was.

also  he see's the need and wants to keep it..that says a lot i think..he's not just looking at it all one sided..

he knows it is helpful to users..i think if he was blowing smoke it would have already been broken in some fix if he didn't want it around..

i mean he put a halt on the server side online status thing because it would break a bunch of stuff and also there is a need..

i just think  i will keep doing what he asked..give them the benefit of doubt about wanting to get rid of that old reputation..

i like rodvik and i also understand he can't always be in contact with users all the time..he has to get to work some time..so he has to cut himself off or it will be common practice to go to the CEO's profile when we have an issue...

i think he is gonna be the best CEO we have had since philip and maybe even better..we'll have to wait and see..

and OZ..i just believe him and think he wants to do what is best for LL and  us..and sometimes the users won't be happy..but i think he is gonna do his best for us that he can..he is limited on things as well as anyone in any job..

i'm just glad the M days are over really..i know i feel a heck of a lot better about now than then lol

and rodvik and OZ have a lot to do with that for me in making me feel that way..

it's not always gonna be good news..but hey that's how life works hehehe

every time i see this video i think of all the things that we used to do to troubleshoot our way through second life..and that the troubleshooting actually became second nature..

then a new fix would come in and throw everyone off balance for few days until we got used to them..to the point that some patches i used to think they were just reusing..because old glitches would come back..

but then you knew how to handle them...

lol

my rose colored glasses of sl will always be the work arounds we had to do..i wish i could have experienced the workarounds of the days before i came here to..just for good giggles..

this video never gets old for me lol

the good old days

CatSoleil Bellecoeur wrote:

O.

M.

G.

I am certain there is a correlation between how much I want to be in Second Life right now and how unable I am to be there.

WHAT is going on with this SL maintenance gig?!

just close your eyes and imagine you are  there?

:P

I wasn't watching but I've changed the thread title accordingly.

Someone said that they've closed logins again but I just ran one of my bot programmes and the first one logged in without any difficulty.

I logged my main in while the going was good and I've been using it to work on a script - editing, testing, and saving without any problems. I haven't tried to TP anywhere though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.