Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somethings happening up there.  Was getting an internet explorer fail message when trying to log to my.secondlife but it's changed to regular SL fail from the webpage.  I see light! (ducks the cabbages and tomato showers from crazed sl'ers.)

We're sorry, but something went wrong

Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visit Second Life Support.

Go to my.secondlife.com

they will be removeing temp uploads soon and haveing it replaced with local uploads wich wont inject the assets to the sim server . but Yeah mesh can be expencive to upload. with a minimum of 10l increaseing dependant on thecomplexity of the mesh. apart frmo that FS / pheonix have a rubbish mesh upload interface  like many other tpv's wich have only basic settings for stuff like physics.. FS also likes to crash if your mesh upload settings are the slightest bit off

from sl grid status 

" [updated 9:10am PDT 26 April 2012] We are continuing to work to restore services. At this time, we have no estimated time of repair. Please continue to monitor this blog for updates.  "

Iggwar wrote:

they will be removeing temp uploads soon and haveing it replaced with local uploads wich wont inject the assets to the sim server . but Yeah mesh can be expencive to upload. with a minimum of 10l increaseing dependant on thecomplexity of the mesh. apart frmo that FS / pheonix have a rubbish mesh upload interface  like many other tpv's wich have only basic settings for stuff like physics.. FS also likes to crash if your mesh upload settings are the slightest bit off

For quite a while, I'd thought that temp uploads were local and I was surprised to learn that they weren't. They only need to be local, imo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.