Sign in to follow this  
Phil Deakins

Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

My friend is still online and conected on ipad, but she says she may log off from SL cause there is none of her friends online to talk to and nothing to read....

Somethings happening up there.  Was getting an internet explorer fail message when trying to log to my.secondlife but it's changed to regular SL fail from the webpage.  I see light! (ducks the cabbages and tomato showers from crazed sl'ers.)

We're sorry, but something went wrong

Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visit Second Life Support.

Go to my.secondlife.com

they will be removeing temp uploads soon and haveing it replaced with local uploads wich wont inject the assets to the sim server . but Yeah mesh can be expencive to upload. with a minimum of 10l increaseing dependant on thecomplexity of the mesh. apart frmo that FS / pheonix have a rubbish mesh upload interface  like many other tpv's wich have only basic settings for stuff like physics.. FS also likes to crash if your mesh upload settings are the slightest bit off

Sips my coffee, I was logged in at 7 am slt.. was logged out at 7;10 slt ..haven't been able to get back. I've been exploring a different world much like sl.. but ugh..I just want to get into sl b4 I go to work.lol This sux

removeing temp uploads isnt an immediate thing. but Quarl linden hates em and wants the whoul temp uploading removed

Indeed it does, i believe i am expirencing slight withdrawl, i think i need another coffee.... i hope i can remeber the name of that person who was going to make me a custom texture for my avi >..<;

from sl grid status 

" [updated 9:10am PDT 26 April 2012] We are continuing to work to restore services. At this time, we have no estimated time of repair. Please continue to monitor this blog for updates.  "

Iggwar wrote:

removeing temp uploads isnt an immediate thing. but Quarl linden hates em and wants the whoul temp uploading removed

Do you mean Qarl?  And if you do he ain't a Linden anymore.

[updated 9:10am PDT 26 April 2012] We are continuing to work to restore services. At this time, we have no estimated time of repair. Please continue to monitor this blog for updates.

Iggwar wrote:

they will be removeing temp uploads soon and haveing it replaced with local uploads wich wont inject the assets to the sim server . but Yeah mesh can be expencive to upload. with a minimum of 10l increaseing dependant on thecomplexity of the mesh. apart frmo that FS / pheonix have a rubbish mesh upload interface  like many other tpv's wich have only basic settings for stuff like physics.. FS also likes to crash if your mesh upload settings are the slightest bit off

For quite a while, I'd thought that temp uploads were local and I was surprised to learn that they weren't. They only need to be local, imo.

outtaspace wrote:

this is become a nice little rest for me.. maybe they should make it a weekly thing :matte-motes-evil:

Years ago it used to be.

outtaspace wrote:

this is become a nice little rest for me.. maybe they should make it a weekly thing :matte-motes-evil:

not again lol

it used to be that way..