Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lexbot Sinister wrote:

How long has this been going on?

Let's see...when did SL begin? :smileyvery-happy:

Most recently the MP is totally borked with many merchants reporting mixed listings in their stores - the correct image with another merchant's description or the correct merchant/description with another merchan'ts image.  This is creating not only angst and anger among merchants, but a lot of unhappy customers who think they're getting a particular item, get another, then think they're being scammed by the merchant.

So what does LL do?  Announce the new shiny - Pathfinding.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRRR its annoying I started havin some issues with second life not loading everything in the wee hours of the morning and obviously after I went to bed it got worse. I jsut got up and tried to login with both veiwers the one with SL and then firestorm to find I'm locked out too ugh this sucks well there went startin my mornin with SL. To think I have only put money in the game twice and I jsut put money in last ngiht before things started goin screwy just my luck too hmmmm wonder how long this will be messed up

Same here, it took me 3 tries to see the forum and 28 tries to be able to post...but now i can finally post fine, i think it was cause i wasnt able to log in to then be able to post reply, but to see the forums i know the site is being slammed as of right now and (there is no need to log in to see posts) but still is slow and buggy..

Waiting here for when someone screams "i logged in!" .... hehehe

Talk about bad timing..

*holds finger and thumb about 1mm apart*

I was that close to dragging someone back to my place. *Sighs* cold shower it is.

And thankfully the stores I shopped at this morning have redelivery terminals, because I just know LL's going to rollback inventory and I'll end up getting screwed anyway.

i found this

"

How it can fail: If one drops offline, some percentage of logins will fail. Additionally, since the login sequence is database-intensive, if the central database or inventory database cluster are having problems then logins will also fail. Finally, after a major disruption that leads to many Residents being kicked or unable to connect, there may be more Residents trying to connect than our Second Life can handle (roughly 1000 logins/minute); this can appear to Residents trying to log in as though the login service is failing, even though it is fully functional and just at maximum capacity."

Phil Deakins wrote:

From the status blog:-

Posted by Status Desk on April 26th, 2012 at 07:21 am PDT

[Posted 7:20am PDT 26 April 2012]  We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance. This may cause some Residents to be logged out or prevent some from being able to login.  Please keep an eye on this blog for updates.

So don't relog or you may not get back in for a while - which is how I came across it
:(

Ppl are going nuts on Facebook cuz they can't log in2 SL !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.