Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I wasn't watching but I've changed the thread title accordingly.

Someone said that they've closed logins again but I just ran one of my bot programmes and the first one logged in without any difficulty.

I logged my main in while the going was good and I've been using it to work on a script - editing, testing, and saving without any problems. I haven't tried to TP anywhere though.

thats cause you haz an experience hehehe

i do the same thing..if i get in after something like this..i stand still as a deer in hunting season and just wait..deer_headlights600.jpg

then when i feel the coast is clear...

i turn everything on and make as much noise as i can!!!

cause i haz an ebil in me that has to come out sometimes :matte-motes-evil-invert:hud stuff1.png

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to log in a couple of hours ago, then got booted off, now it gets to requesting region handshake and I get the pop up saying it's either the grid or my connection. Obviously it's NOT my connection, rebooted the modem, and still no luck and this WOULD happen on my day off...sigh....I want my SL! Anyone STILL not able to get in????

Sometimes it just depends on which login-server of the cluster, which inventory-asset-server of that cluster and which region-server of that cluster you happen to get.  If you keep rolling the dice they'll eventually all come up sixes.  That doesn't mean anything will work or be consistent once you are in-world though.  SL is broken, don't do anything you can't afford to break.

*grins* no, I knew it wasn't since I was able to log on with an alt but not with my main. As I said, I was able to log into Smith and Pooley but not my home, so apparently my home is on one of the servers that is affected by whatever it is that caused LL to close down everything. 

I have not been able to go to my home since like 1am EST last night.  And STILL can not go home... I have Breedable Crystals I have to attend to and a baby to attend to. The crystals may die and they are rather rare ones too....I hope this gets fixed soon or they do a roll back to for when it all happened and no one loses a thing.

I'm sure it will - hopefully today during their working hours, because nobody was working on it outside of their standard working hours last night. Or it looks that way, since the last update to the status blog was at 5:18pm yesterday - round about the end of their normal working day.

The recommendation remains - "don’t rez valuable (no-copy) objects or transact L$ or land yet." which applies to everyone, but it seems that's not an important enough problem to have people trying to fix outside of normal working hours. What other company would knock off for the evening and night with such a major problem in their system?

Phil Deakins wrote:

I'm sure it will - hopefully today during their working hours, because nobody was working on it outside of their standard working hours last night. Or it looks that way, since the last update to the status blog was at 5:18pm yesterday - round about the end of their normal working day.

The recommendation remains - "
don’t rez valuable (no-copy) objects or transact L$ or land yet.
" which applies to everyone, but it seems that's not an important enough problem to have people trying to fix outside of normal working hours. What other company would knock off for the evening and night with such a major problem in their system?

well it being friday..there will be a lot of people pulling their hair out this weekend if they don't have it done today hehehehe

there was a time when i would have been all crazy about getting back in..

but a few of these long breakdowns like this  showed me just how much it really didn't bother me all that much..

i think i logged in for about an hour or so yestrday...before things broke..before that it was about 4 days since my last login i believe.. hehehe

i jut don't do as much in there asi used to..so it's not as big a deal for me as it would be for someone with a full plate of stuffs going on ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.