Invisible to visitors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Did you know we are invisible to all visitors? You have to be logged in to see the Off Topic Forum. I logged off when I went to lunch and when I came back I tried to find it without logging in. Can't be done, haha.

Not Logged in:

Picture 6.png

Logged in:

Picture 7.png

You will probably find that the Google bots don't mine Off Topic and even that the Teens can't get at it either. If anyone knows a friendly Teen you might want to check that out. It's the way we work it on the forums for the sports club I belong to - the kids behave childishly in open view of the public and the adults behave childishly in private.

Cato Badger wrote:

You will probably find that the Google bots don't mine Off Topic and even that the Teens can't get at it either. If anyone knows a friendly Teen you might want to check that out. It's the way we work it on the forums for the sports club I belong to - the kids behave childishly in open view of the public and the adults behave childishly in private.

I bet you are right Cato. :smileyhappy:

Might I point you at the Guidelines which do not merely refer to Redzone operations regarding uninformed and unsubstantiated accusations regarding the use of alts? You may wish to edit your post, and I trust that there won't be any immediate need for referrals to moderators of any libellous suggestions from you or anyone else who has been in the habit of slinging wild unfounded slurs around. Thank you.

Quinn Morani wrote:

I believe that's actually the best possible solution, and it's definitely one I can live with. It's win-win. We get our off topic forum, and LL keeps a happy front for the general public.

I can agree with that. :smileytongue:

Maxine, I think this represents a reasonable compromise on LL's part. It would be really stupid of them to sponsor an enironment which might reflect adversely on their business, but it would be just as shortsighted to censor informed critical feedback absolutely. If anyone wants to criticise LL publicly then they should find another venue to do so. I understand that Wasted has a whole website dedicated to explaining his position vis-a-vis LL - or at least, trying to.

Maxine Kohime wrote:

Well, they try to mute critical voices, another attempt of LL to ignore thier customers, cos we cant voice our concerns to the public now...

Youre sooo great LL!^^

I disagree. This is an example where LL listened to their customers (us) when so many of us asked for a GD-like place.  If one must log in to read the content, so be it!  I think it is a great compromise.  We get what we asked for and LL can show a 'preferred face' to the outside public.  We still have the Feedback forums to speak 'directly' to LL who, right now, are listening and listening hard.

Also, I would suggest that if you have any concerns, you try to attend one of their Community Tools User Group feedback sessions held on a regular basis.  There was one yesterday.  Unedited local text of the session is always available soon afterwards.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group

I think it's very cool. LL didn't HAVE to do this. I even enjoy being given the title of Honoured resident. (spelt properly of course - well u can't have everything now can you ^^)

It's good, LL has listened and delivered. The marketplace appears to be having a little spurt too.

Good times all round so far~!

Maxine Kohime wrote:

Well, they try to mute critical voices, another attempt of LL to ignore thier customers, cos we cant voice our concerns to the public now...

Youre sooo great LL!^^

Once again I disagree with you Maxine - this is actually LL 'listening' to it's customers, and I agree with Venus - if you are so concerned about how LL handle stuff you really do need to start attending the various get togethers they have - such as Community Tools User Group feedback sessions - they can actually be quite useful.

• 7 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.