All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm half way trough by now, and what Oberwolf is talking about makes sense so far. And yes, this thread is one of the reasons for this Lab Gab IMHO.
  3. In recent years, they've become more aggressive about reclaiming and auctioning off what's abandoned in the remaining parts of mainland that still have avatars present around the clock. The grid is a big place, but most people are in the densely populated parts. Everywhere else can sleep until an avatar is actually near.
  4. In the video, it "sounds" like they are discussing some of the concerns brought up in this thread.
  5. SL's population has been declining over the years, it sits at around 200,000 daily active users. Roblox is growing and claims to have 70 million users daily. Last week Roblox received a major update for creators. I don't use the platform personally, so in SL terms it seems like they're updating from system layers to mesh clothing. The Blueberry website also appears to be marketing their 'mesh' clothing for Roblox avatars. There may just be a human element to it all, after being a popular creator for so many years, there's an expectation to keep on delivering high quality products. Eventually anyone needs a break from it.
  6. Hey guys, I can't really find a straight answer to this, so here's what I want to do: I own a bunch of mainland on one avatar, I have a house and my store there, but I have another avatar that I want to transfer it all to so that that avatar can manage it, and have SL premium and whatnot. If I sell the land to my other avatar specifically, is my whole store and also my house going to be returned to my inventory? Or will it stay there unchanged? Basically, if I "sell" my mainland to my other avatar, will everything stay exactly the way it is on the parcel? or will everything disappear? haha
  7. Police inspect zealous zookeeper's animals. C A G E D
  8. Linden Lab Executive Chairman Oberwolf Linden has just posted a Q&A interview answering many of your questions about Thunes and their agreement to acquire Tilia. Topics covered include details about the acquisition agreement, what to expect next, and how it impacts the Second Life community. There's also more news about our Community Roundtable, too. https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/15487-lab-gab-update-on-tilia-acquisition-new-community-roundtable/
  9. Peeve: New post about what we are discussing, include the RoundTable, but I get "video is not available": https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/15487-lab-gab-update-on-tilia-acquisition-new-community-roundtable/ Ok, the Video is available now - an interview with Oberwolff Linden.
  10. I could see it now, Elon Musk purchases LL for 42,000,000,000 USD. Initially it was just a meme joke, but the lawyers held him up to his arrangement. He tries to get out of the purchase by claiming the majority of SL is bots, it doesn't work, he is forced to buy the company. Everyone is required to secure a membership, or they can not log in at all, censorship is thought to have been banished by the people who are not being censored, everyone else that was censored is not considered to have been censored as they were agents of evil, the forums become his new playground, accompanied by an army of bots (with premium plus memberships, their posts are elevated above all others) Free speech reigns, at a cost, and censorship has been self proclaimed to have been abolished on the platform. We become more of a 4chan board, but with AI. After running the company in debt for the next two decades paid by the citizens of the US through various subsidies, which elon invests in his other companies, then sells his shares from, he eventually decides the platform requires a neural implant to play, unless you are a bot. The plan is to make Second Life, into real life, an everything app. Great job Linden Lab, and it all started with you selling Tilia, you enslaved us all!!!!11one!!eleven
  11. I have noticed that there are large sections of double track beginning in Atoll Story, suggesting that they expect two-way traffic. So perhaps they are building an out and back situation, with a big loop turnaround at the end, like they have already built in Briar Hill. I think they have yet to fill in that hole with houses. The surrounding regions have roads that lead into it. This is similar to Los Topos, where the region exists but is just a big green field.
  12. Learn More About the Tilia Acquisition in an All-New Lab Gab! Join us for a special edition of “Lab Gab” with Linden Lab Executive Chairman Oberwolf Linden, who discusses this week’s announcement that cross-border payments firm Thunes has entered into an agreement to acquire Tilia. This deal is good news for Second Life residents and creators, who will soon see more payment processing options without additional costs. As part of the transaction, Thunes and Linden Lab (which is the current majority owner of Tilia), have agreed to an exclusive five-year partnership in which, post closing, Thunes will provide payment processing and pay-outs to Linden Lab, leveraging Thunes’ global network – allowing gamers to pay, and to receive money real-time, in a more cost-efficient way and with increased transparency. Oberwolf tackles many of the top questions emerging from the community about the transaction, including more specific details about what this means for the Second Life community now and in the future. Here are links to some of the topics we’ve covered in this episode: https://www.thunes.com/news/thunes-announces-agreement-to-acquire-tilia-llc https://www.pymnts.com/acquisitions/2024/thunes-tackles-us-gaming-market-with-tilia-acquisition To learn more, be sure to watch Lab Gab on the Second Life YouTube Channel! For full episodes of Lab Gab, click over to the Lab Gab YouTube Playlist. Join Second Life Leadership in Conversation at our Community Roundtable Event We’re also excited to announce the all-new Community Roundtable event with Second Life Leadership, scheduled to be held May 20 at 9:30-11 a.m. SLT. This is an opportunity to connect directly with our top executives, share your input, and discuss ideas on enhancing Second Life. This initiative represents another step in our efforts to improve our community interactions, ensuring that your voice is more directly heard and valued. At the first meeting, we’ll be joined by Linden Lab Executive Chairman Oberwolf Linden and Senior VP of Product & Engineering Grumpity Linden. During future Roundtable meetups, we’ll rotate in other executives to participate on a variety of topics and we’ll also aim to vary the scheduling to be more accessible to other time zones. For the inaugural session, we’ll open with some important updates on recent developments and announcements including the new agreement by global payment provider Thunes to acquire Tilia and other recent policy changes. Attendees will also have an opportunity to ask questions during the open Q&A portion of the event, but please remember that this Community Roundtable is not meant to serve as a forum for individual support issues or personal grievances. While we do welcome candid and honest interactions, the spirit and intent of this gathering is to provide an opportunity for both Leadership and the community to listen and learn from each other. Our usual Community Standards apply and hate speech or personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you would like to submit a question in advance or just provide feedback directly to Leadership prior to the event, then please use this anonymous form. We’ll update this post with the inworld location closer to the Roundtable date…and we look forward to seeing you inworld on May 20! Second Life Leadership Team
  13. Style info on Flickr
  14. STAHP, you're making me moan!
  15. Especially when they have a hud for each item.. Hud for top, hud for bottom, hud for panties, hud for accessories..hud for bow, hud for extras.. hehehe
  16. Imperfections are like anything else.. Someone is always gonna find something to like or dislike on a first impression, imperfections or not.. So go for broke and enjoy what you enjoy.. Look what trying to be perfect got so many movie stars in Hollywood.. Many of them can't even frown anymore.. hehehe
  17. Possible though i had assumed Caribou was already the Ranch community region since there's public spaces, activities, rezzing allowed and no housing on it
  18. Today
  19. FRIDAY, APRIL 26TH 11 AM SLT: DRFS Ferry Shuttle Service http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Campwich Forest/208/119/22 12 NOON - 2 PM SLT: DJ STEPHANIE AT MAIN PARTY AREA http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPBA2/33/32/31
  20. Gawd, if Second life became the new town square, I'd have to leave just because of all the attention it got.. I can just see it now, texts trending on all the news sites.. Ceka Cianci, a well known tease, drives man to blood loss in his upper head, which in turn caused this poor man to go insane and run into the mercantile exchange to hold everyone hostage for three days. Which in turn caused the current financial crisis we are facing in the country today.. More plus, actual text messages at 11.. I hate when that happens and don't need others finding out how half of these things start up!! \o/
  21. Plus he supports free speech. 😁 *goes on a roadside micro parcel buying spree, because you just never know* 😂
  22. Club Fusion is now Hiring DJ's and Host. We are open from 1pm slt - 10pm slt. Please apply here - https://linktr.ee/slfusion Responses will not be answered to this ad - please apply at the link above. Any questions contact Jakobe Marques in world. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SLEEZYWOOD/44/74/2000 - LM to the club
  1. Load more activity