ATTENTION! Listings on the Marketplace are borked. Everyone check your stores!

Pearl Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just added this comment to the jira:

Ah, ok, thank you (to Pearl). In my case, many of my pictures are from Nov-2007, Nov-2008, and late Nov 2009. Not sure if that says much. It looks like all of my affected items are those that were uploaded to Xstreet originally and then migrated to SLM when that conversion happened.

In reply to Argus... interesting, all of the ones I can provide links to ALL Start with 14....

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argus Collingwood wrote:

I am still thinking the database may have errors in the 14xxxxx series of numbers.

ETA : you put a number of the borked listing into SLM search like 1418428 then view it as a wrong listing then change that number to 1418429, 430,431 etc etc you can see all those series are borked. /me Points to error;)

Would you please comment on the JIRA with that info? It certainly matches up with my items... :D

Sera Lok wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

I am still thinking the database may have errors in the 14xxxxx series of numbers.

ETA : you put a number of the borked listing into SLM search like 1418428 then view it as a wrong listing then change that number to 1418429, 430,431 etc etc you can see all those series are borked. /me Points to error;)

Would you please comment on the JIRA with that info? It certainly matches up with my items...
:D

Yep added my comment as posted above. ;)

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

I wrote that info on the jira. It would be interesting to know if the others affected also listed their products during that time.

OMG Bootgasm is a cluster in the 14xxxxx series.
o.O

Yep, checks out on my store as well.  The 3 borked items were the same type of item (welcome mats) which in and of itself likely means nothing...BUT...all 3 are in the 1417xxx range.

I concur wholeheartedly with Pamela....EXCELLENT DETECTIVE WORK!!!!!

I've just checked all my visible listings and I have one more item that is in the 1400000 range and that isn't affected - but I've not touched the listing since the slx-slm migration and the dd migration did a straight swap out.  I've put  this listing on my "avoid at all costs list" as I'm quite sure if I do it will corrupt like the rest.

If you want to see what your numbers are, mouseover the listing using firefox and the url appears in the bottom left hand corner.  If you're feeling brave you can of course try to update it and see what happens.

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

Yes, mine are also in the 1400000 range.

Good mornin, Everybody. 

I just checked my listings (not ALL, but a lot), since I have none that are broken in any way.  I converted to direct delivery on the 21st, so my entire store is set up as direct and I've been working, daily, on converting my listings to foldered instead of boxed.  I have no listings in the 1400000 range.  My earliest listing is in the 2200000 range, and that number goes up as the listings get newer.  So...you may be on to something. 

In doing my updating, my merchant outbox is working flawlessly and the website is moving very fast now.  The only thing that slows me down is the 5 minute wait time for updated items to show in the "Edit Associated" window.  I came up with a system of updating so that I only have to wait the 5 minutes once per update session, but I've found that I'm sometimes quicker at making changes than even that so I still end up waiting sometimes for my new item to appear. 

I really REALLY hope they find a solution to this mess and SOON! 

At the very least they've got to communicate more with us about what in H.E.doublehockeysticks is goin on!  What they're doin, how long it will take, etc!

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Marcus, where is the listing number? I can't for the life of me find where to look to check on this 14xxxxx range or any other for that matter.

Hi Arwen...not Marcus but I can answer your question. :)  Go to My Marketplace-Merchant Home-Manage Listings and in the edit listing of your items, just hover your cursor over any item and in the bottom left-hand corner of your browser (at least on Firefox), the URL for the listing will show up with the number on the end being the item number. :)

Maybe it's a case of - Not all 140000 items are borked, but all the borked items are in the 140000 range.  It would be interesting to hear if anyone has a borked item *not* in this range.

Also, one of my borked listings was linked to a MP store with a LOT of items.  While looking through that store I noticed tons of those listings were borked.  I sent an IM and notecard to the merchant to let her know in case she had not heard.  Her profile says she is not in SL much anymore and I have not heard anything back from her.  (I sent this last week.)  I am thinking there are many merchants who have borked listings, are losing sales, and have no idea whatsoever.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Maybe it's a case of - Not all 140000 items are borked, but all the borked items are in the 140000 range.  It would be interesting to hear if anyone has a borked item *not* in this range.

Also, one of my borked listings was linked to a MP store with a LOT of items.  While looking through that store I noticed tons of those listings were borked.  I sent an IM and notecard to the merchant to let her know in case she had not heard.  Her profile says she is not in SL much anymore and I have not heard anything back from her.  (I sent this last week.)  I am thinking there are many merchants who have borked listings, are losing sales, and have no idea whatsoever.

My thoughts too most [if not all] issues of items appearing in others lists are of the 14xxxxxx range.

seriously? 

how many people saw that thread?

no warning, no email, no notice of any kind, and the comments are gone from here, too

since the comments here were specifically about (the correlation), i can only assume that's the same reason they erased the other whole thread

they better hope i don't post it elsewhere as i did with the 13 september thing, huh.

of course, if it were to simply reappear, i might not have to do that...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.