ATTENTION! Listings on the Marketplace are borked. Everyone check your stores!

Pearl Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That is good to hear Czari!  Although I shudder to think they might try to manually fix all the messed up listings, since every store I visit seems to have a number of problems :/

I am especially glad to hear that the Customer Support issues are being worked on. 

Yay for progress, let's keep it going Lindens. :)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this info helps but I just realised that all products affected in my store were listed for the first time on the same date. Not sure I can tell the exact date, but I can find out the month and year at least.

edit: products were listed between Sep 7-10 2010

I was just changing one item because of customer feedback & happened to notice that hundreds of my items have suddely been delisted! I am pretty sure this is very recent because some of the delists are good sellers & I am sure I would have noticed but I cant be certain. What is really odd is that some are incomplete listings that are copies of others that are listed but with some bits missing & others are just delisted complete ads!

Another weird thing is that when I go to the MERCHANT HOME/MANAGE LISTINGS & click on both UNLISTED & UNAVAILABLE no items show on the list but when I click on ALL & scroll through the pages of listings there are hundreds of items with no green tick at the end!

Maybe everyone should check & see if they also have this phenomenon, if you have and you are an experienced Jira writer then please feel free to post it & I will add my bit tomorrow as its 2am & I have been up way too long looking at this!

My best guess is that no they can not fix this.  The best they might be able to do is prevent it from happening in the future.

This was a known issue before DD, only exacerbated by DD migration or somethng, as I understand it. If that is the case then the Commerce Team in their wisdom elected to ignore the issue at the time it was first reported, along with so many other issues. And voila, we have a mess that makes the migration from Xstreet look fun.

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Based on your wording, I get the idea we are all going to have to file individual tickets to get our listing repaired.  Is this is feeling you get?

I was wondering that myself.  Thus far from just these forums we know that both Pearl and I filed tickets about our listings, were then contacted by Brooke Linden and asked to submit another ticket re: a specific issue (unable to delist or delete listings on our MP store).  This morning I  received the email from Dakota and checked my listings to discover that the one borked one was back to normal - as well as the still borked one.

While I can't say what is happening behind the scenes, I can only state what my experience has been, which is why I keep updating.

Pamela Galli wrote:

This was a known issue before DD, only exacerbated by DD migration or somethng, as I understand it.

Was it? I'd never heard of it until after the last MP update around Thursday, when a lot of people started suddenly reporting it.

Is there an existing jira/forum post about it?

I have read in this forum someone report that it happened to them or a partner -- I think they said they had reported it. And then I think someone else confirmed it. I do not remember who said it tho (hence the  qualifiers). :-)

ETA:  From the JIRA --

Maxx Farella added a comment - 30/Mar/12 11:25 PM

Before direct delivery became active my partner noticed in her top selling products screen that she had other merchants items in there. But her actual store listings were all correct at that time.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Based on your wording, I get the idea we are all going to have to file individual tickets to get our listing repaired.  Is this is feeling you get?

I think the reason they were asking you both to submit tickets was so they could find specific examples of "borked listings" .. then disect them to understand how they were broken ... hopefully so they could invent an automatic way to unbork all of them at once.

Magnet Homewood wrote:

There may be something to Pearl's theory.

I have a listing that has been duplicated - the listing is there and completely normal, while there is another listing with the same picture but different title and seller too.

The date it was listed: 9th Sept 2010

Magnet, can you please post that on the jira? I'm not sure the Commerce Team reads these posts here.

>My best guess is that no they can not fix this. 

If they can make it appear that they can't fix it, that woould be a pretty good excuse for not doing it, at least.

>The best they might be able to do is prevent it from happening in the future.

Not until they have some larger problem to replace it with.

>This was a known issue before DD, only exacerbated by DD migration or somethng, as I understand it. If that is the case then the Commerce Team in their wisdom elected to ignore the issue at the time it was first reported, along with so many other issues. And voila, we have a mess that makes the migration from Xstreet look fun.

And with every day that passes, merchants who still want to do business are more and more ripe to be refocused on in-world commerce, and thus, also to pay for land in a grid that is clearly too large to be profitable for LL otherwise.

>Before direct delivery became active my partner noticed in her top selling products screen that she had other merchants items in there. But her actual store listings were all correct at that time.

Oops.

Someone blew the prescibed bork deployment order.

I guess the cat is out of the bag and someone at LL will finally take notice that feature deployments are being used as cover for bork deployments....

Naaaaaaaah.

Here it is, my very first Jira, a new problem I think!

Marketplace - some items delisted & some duplicated with incomplete details

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4617

I was changing one item because of customer feedback & happened to notice that hundreds of my items have suddenly been delisted! I am pretty sure this is very recent because some of the delists are good sellers & I would have noticed.

What is really odd is that some are incomplete listings which are copies of others that are still listed & others are just delisted complete ads!

Another weird thing is that when I go to the MERCHANT HOME/MANAGE LISTINGS & click on UNLISTED or UNAVAILABLE no items show on the lists but when I click on ALL & scroll through the pages of listings there are hundreds of items with no green tick at the end!

I have relisted the complete ones because I can not afford to have them missing & unavailable & have started deleting the incomplete repeat listings.

I strongly suggest that other merchants, especially those with many listings (I have over a thousand) check to see if their items have been suddenly delisted in this way. Its much harder to notice when you have so many. REMEMBER though that they only show when you select ALL & scroll through, they wont show under unlisted or unavailable if you have the same problem as me.

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

I wrote that info on the jira. It would be interesting to know if the others affected also listed their products during that time.

I am still thinking the database may have errors in the 14xxxxx series of numbers.

ETA : you put a number of the borked listing into SLM search like 1418428 then view it as a wrong listing then change that number to 1418429, 430,431 etc etc you can see all those series are borked. /me Points to error;)

OMG Bootgasm is a cluster in the 14xxxxx series. o.O

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.