ATTENTION! Listings on the Marketplace are borked. Everyone check your stores!

Pearl Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I have carefully avoided touching anything on my MP store (I have a backlog of things to be listed) in hopes of avoiding borkage -- I did not have anything in the identified range of IDs. But now I guess all bets are off, since any number is vulnerable, huh?

I don't count this as a step forward. And I would like to reiterate what I have said about this before: they can't fix it.

I think it's something that's not going to be fixed in one go.   Alot of it might have to be done manually, but since this has been said to be a problem from the Xstreet migration, I don't see why completely new issues would pop up unless there were more migrations from Xstreet which we know isn't going to happen.   These seem to be old issues that are showing themselves in new ways.  Personally I see this as a step forward overall, but time will tell whether that's true or not.

It's kinda like when you are trying to squeeze all the air out of an air bed and the air finds all these new places to go, but eventually you get it all out and you're done.  That sounds silly, but that's my analogy and I'm sticking to it.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sera Lok wrote:

The new item I saw in my store was an item that I had had unlisted for a long time, perhaps even before the Xstreet migration. Was that true for your items as well Czari, or were they listed items?

No, the items that are showing up with the wrong images (shoes) but with my product description have been listed since back in Xstreet days.  I have not deactivated nor unlisted them.  Soooo, no commonality to go on there. :/

Pamela Galli wrote:

I don't count this as a step forward. And I would like to reiterate what I have said about this before: they can't fix it.

I would agree.  My "one step forward" was when I thought the two borked listings had finally been taken down by LL, since I couldn't...but then saw I now have more borked listings.  At least all my items that I have listed are correct; these are duplicates of correct ones with the wrong images.

Ok so I now have a new borked listing that just turned up...which looks like a duplicate of an existing listing, but using an old name for the product as it was back at the time of migration in 2010. Either that or it's one i deleted and replaced at that time. But anyway I now have an extra product and seem to have diversified into the goth avatar market.

How the hell are they making more borked listings? Is there some virulent borkage process stil running rampant?

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Heh!  Actually, I kind of like those shoes...I looked up ~Mischa~ in the MP search and got about 8 hits, only a couple of whom have current stores and none sell shoes. 

Edit to add:  The current borked listings are linked to items that have been listed for a long time in my store but fall into the 1558xxx item listing range. 

Oh lord, it's creeping? EEK!

Kampu Oyen wrote:

I still don't know why people keep acting surprised at events that have been predicted.

When your predictions consist of "there's an evil gnome behind the scenes trying to break everything for his own malicious purposes", it's pretty easy to claim any breakage as part of that.

Kampu Oyen wrote:

The specific prediction was that the borkage would progress into 15xxxxx.

If you care to dig, you can see who predicted it.

Has that happened or not happened?

So far no reported brokage in any series but 14xxx series Czari Zenovka scripted candles that are correct are in the 15xxx series and are correct I believe.

It looks like I've managed to confuse several people...lol...sorry about that.  Here is my post from the Return of the Living Dead thread:

4 new borked listings in my store - items in the 1558xxx range.  Images not mine with my items' descriptions/name, etc.  These items have been in my store since before migration so they are not new items.  They don't appear in my edit listings so I can't remove them.

The odd thing is...the borked images with my descriptions - the real items with those descriptions are still intact with the correct images as well.  It's the weird duplication thing I had previously.

*I have 3 borked listings (one seems to have poofed since I last posted).

*All 3 borked listings are for 3 of my items (heart candles).

*All 3 borked listings have the correct product description/price/my name, etc. BUT the wrong image (shoes)

*Clicking on the borked listings links back to the MP home page

*The item number for these 3 borked listings are: 1417242; 1417243;1417244 (notice the sequential numbering, which would be correct as I initially listed each product one right after the other)

Now here's where it gets "interesting" -

*The correct candle listings are ALSO listed in my store.  All info on them, including images, are correct and they each link to the item description normally.

*HOWEVER, the item numbers for the correct listings are:  1558658; 1558783; 1558815 (no sequential listing)

These items were originally listed during the same time frame as my other items that are in the 141xxxx range.

So the correct item numbers for my candles are linked with the borked images - those would be the initial correct item numbers in the 141xxxx range.

However, the correct listings show "new" item numbers in the 1558xxx range.

This differs in what I previously experienced with the first set of borked listings: Previously I had my image with the wrong description.  After I submitted a ticket and had interaction with Brooke Linden & Dakota Linden, my correct listings reappeared but the borked listings still remained.  It was when I noticed the borked listings for the previous set of items was finally gone that I discovered this new set of borkage.

Just to muddy the waters even more, one of my candle items was not affected by the above borkage, ie. there is no second listing of it with the wrong image.  It too should have an item number of 1417xxx; however the item number on it now is - 1846727.

I'm wondering if the Commerce Team, database, whoever or whatever is working on this issue is trying to push the borked 141xxxx series of items out of that range by assigning new item numbers.  I don't know if item numbers remain static.  I have only just begun looking at them when the borkage began.  However, none of these affected items were ever unlisted so if the item numbers remain static, at least as long as the items are listed, then obviously new numbers are somehow being assigned.

Hope that clears up the confusion a bit.  Just trying to explain it makes my head hurt.  lol

>I'm wondering if the Commerce Team, database, whoever or whatever is working on this issue is trying to push the borked 141xxxx series of items out of that range by assigning new item numbers.

That would make some sense. But where would they be getting the extra 15xxxxx numbers to which to assign the old 14xxxxx items?

If they were trying to push items one-by-one into the dead spots of 15xxxxx left by closed accounts just to avoid an even greater disruption of order new-to-old, that sounds like a pretty slow and pointless process.

If it were up to me, I would just tell them I'd prefer to relist the items in the current available range rather than let them fuss with it any more. But if they have done any of that for us, I'd have to give them at least some credit.

A lot of the time I wish they'd tell us more of what's really going on, just on the off chance that it might make me a little more sympathetic.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I'm wondering if the Commerce Team, database, whoever or whatever is working on this issue is trying to push the borked 141xxxx series of items out of that range by assigning new item numbers. 

I can verify that is not what happened with my now happy MP items.  I joking asked that someone flag my borked items in a thread about LL removing borked items that were flagged.  I have no clue if someone actually did, or if it was LL mucking about, but as you read in that thread, I was able to repair my items and my store has been perfect since then *knock on wood*.  Anyway, the items remain with their original numbers in the 14xxxxx range. 

I alreay *have* migrated to direct delivery and gotten rid of my boxes. To do this, I changed from the Imprudence viewer (which I LOVED) back to the sl viewer (which, I admit that I like for the most part).  The problems are: 1.  When on imprudence and other viewers, my inventory lists over 24,000 items. On sl viewer, I have 14,000.  2. HUNDREDS of my items are now "unavailable" in my sl marketplace. I put them into my merchant outbox when I changed to direct delivery. They are neither in that folder nor are they in my inventory any longer.

Kampu Oyen wrote:

If it were up to me, I would just tell them I'd prefer to relist the items in the current available range rather than let them fuss with it any more. But if they have done any of that for us, I'd have to give them at least some credit.

A lot of the time I wish they'd tell us more of what's really going on, just on the off chance that it might make me a little more sympathetic.

If it would help matters I would gladly take my items down and relist, but without the basic mechanics of the MP being repaired, I'm not even sure that would help.  That would also wipe out ratings.  Since new items, at least in my store, are borked without me doing anything, I don't want to touch a thing atm...lol.

As for keeping us in the loop, from reading the jiras I think that's what many/most of us want - just tell us what the deal is.

>I thought the MP would not be tied to our inventory for delivery

If I remember correctly, this was among the very first fears articulated about DD, and one of the very first things that we were told could never possibly happen.

If I remember correctly, the notion that it was even possible was characterized as something like "paranoid fantasy".

Kampu Oyen wrote:

>I thought the MP would not be tied to our inventory for delivery

If I remember correctly, this was among the very first fears articulated about DD, and one of the very first things that we were told could never possibly happen.

If I remember correctly, the notion that it was even possible was characterized as something like "paranoid fantasy".

It's not tied to inventory - inv is just used as an interface for the uploading/associating process.

It's still a paranoid fantasy Josh - multiple stuffups on LL's part don't make your posts any more rational.

What happened to the missing items, and why did it happen immediately after the DD conversion?

A paranoid person would go beyond the facts in this case.

The facts are that the "impossible" has happened and is happening regardless of why.

So now the facts, themselves, are paranoid?

BTW, I'd much more like it if you would call me "Kampu", "Ralph" or "Brooke".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.