ATTENTION! Listings on the Marketplace are borked. Everyone check your stores!

Pearl Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh GAH, Pearl!!!!!  And coming from Dakota, that scares me.  I haven't logged into world today and haven't checked email yet, but I DID try to delete the wrong image in mine and upload the correct image.  (Actually the correct image was showing on the MP with the wrong description, but when I went in to edit there was a different image.) *Rubs my temples*  At least as of last night I couldn't even delete the listing.

This morning that listing appears twice...one still the wrong listing and one with the right info.  Soooo....does that mean *if* this works that merchants will have 2 listings of an item, one right/one wrong?

I still say roll back the MP.

Ok, just checked my email and I got this:

Brooke Linden has offered you 'Please Submit Details' in Second Life. Log in to accept or decline the offer.

Probably the same card Pearl got...are other merchants receiving these?  I'm too tired and irritated to go in world and start messing with stuff atm.

>Allow me to point out that mine is also working just fine .. as are the stores of many other Merchants. And what exactly does it prove?

We will know what it proves when we have some data on what the borked merchants are and are not selling, and how they are and are not selling it as compared to the unborked merchants.

Not that such data will ever actually even be compiled.

To compile it at all would be getting too close to the answers that someone at LL has already decided they never want asked. 

TatianaDokuchic Varriale wrote:

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

The assumption would be that anything search can be rebuilt as well, which wouldn't need manual merchant care. And it wouldn't need merchant attention unless there's no longer a way to reassociate those wrong records back to their rightful place.

Probably best not to call a corruption problem a search problem.

Best thing I can think of is selective rollbacks only for the merchants that request them.  Otherwise just think of all the changes that have been made since this first happened that will have to be redone.  Doing that manually would be painful.  Automating it and I don't trust that it will be done correctly. 

When talking about rollbacks initially, it should just mean rolling back the database operations code, not your actual records, same as when they do an code update (eg same as if you upgrade your version of, say, MS Word, it doesn't change the contents of any Word documents that already exist).

That's assuming that the problem is something in their code that is associating Merchant X's picture with Merchant Y's listing, etc. That would be the 'good news'. The bad news would be if it's not just a problem of what is being displayed, but that data has somehow been overwritten (ie Merchant X's picture has been replaced with Merchant Y's), which is what Dart means by "unless there's no longer a way to reassociate those wrong records back to their rightful place". That's less likely (which I hope is the case) but would take us into seriously fubared territory and is something I don't even want to think about.

We already have that data Josh. The cross-linked listings are spread across the spectrum. We have All-DD, All-MB, mixtures in various ratios. There are people that converted all at once, some that only converted a few and some that didn't convert any. We have some that uploaded plain boxes and some that uploaded all folders.

In short, there is no correlation between cross-linked listings and the delivery method.

Ok I have a little update on some thing else I’ve found

It appears to me that you can actually have the picture the product name and the creator all different. Yes that’s correct 3 different fields of data from 3 different creators.

It’s also clear to me that some creator names that appear are not merchants and never have been.

hoohaa Anaconda wrote:

It appears to me that you can actually have the picture the product name and the creator all different. Yes that’s correct 3 different fields of data from 3 different creators.

It’s also clear to me that some creator names that appear are not merchants and never have been.

Wow - that's transcended into art...

What was the date Skynet achieved sentience?

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

hoohaa Anaconda wrote:

Wow - that's transcended into art...

What was the date Skynet achieved sentience?

Wouldn't that be Non-Performance Art? :-) That date will be April 1, 2012.

Ok my bad I was wrong. Its only appearing that way because the product name can not be found in the original store because it has been renamed to some thing else. So it appears they do not sell that product.

And to answer your question about skynet. I believe it was yesterday? or the day before that I cant remember.

Czari, I'd advise you to contact Brooke directly. Opening the tickets only made me more upset. Tickets are being handled by Dakota and he (or is it a she?) he only told me what everyone who's reading this thread and the jira already know.  My last response was that they were interested in knowing about products that are showing the wrong the pictures only and cannot be edited by us.

The advice is still the same, edit the product and change the picture yourself.  If you can't, the other merchant has to edit their product, not you.

My report to Brooke about editing borked items this morning might be of interest for some of you. I foudn an im from her when I woke up this morning. She asked me to give details of how I reach my products when I try to edit them, and this is what I wrote to her:

I have used several ways to got to the borked products. I'll try to give you as many details as I can about each.

1. First Case: My products showing someone else's pictures

I came to the product through my storefront and opened the link. From there I could click on "Revise Item" and change the picture.

When I try to find the product through Merchant Admin - manage inventory, the product can't be found by search

Products that only have the wrong picture no longer have any related items

2.  Second Case:  Pictures are correct but other merchant and/or other description

I find the products through both my storefront and Merchant Admin

2a. Trying to edit product through the link to the product (storefront)

If I click on the link, some redirect me to the Marketplace start page others take me to the product but I cannot edit from there because the product isn't mine.

2b. When I try to edit the product through Merchant Admin

When I try to  edit it, the product appears inactive and has a different  picture (not mine) and related products have disappeared.

I haven't touched those as others who have done that now have two products, the correct one and the borked one

I think to tell people to fix things themselves will not work. This issue is much more complicated than that. It has a snowball effect.

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

Czari, I'd advise you to contact Brooke directly. Opening the tickets only made me more upset. Tickets are being handled by Dakota and he (or is it a she?) he only told me what everyone who's reading this thread and the jira already know.  My last response was that they were interested in knowing about products that are showing the wrong the pictures only and cannot be edited by us.

The advice is still the same, edit the product and change the picture yourself.  If you can't, the other merchant has to edit their product, not you.

Thanks, Pearl. :) I didn't even want to go in world to look at the note from Brooke.  But I did; haven't done anything yet as I didn't have the mental energy.  How did you contact Brooke directly, Pearl.  Notecard, IM?  I figured a ticket wasn't going to help.

Spent some time troubleshooting one of my listings tonight - the one that now displays the borked one and correct one.  The borked one does not show up in my list when I go into edit mode.  In the store clicking on either the name or image takes me to the MP home page.  Did a search for merchant name on borked listing and landed on a blank MP page; thus it appears this person had listings at one time, but no longer does.  Tried people search in world - no results.  Therefore, there is no way I can do anything with that listing.

I'm afraid to touch the other one at the moment!

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

I just realised I have double listings myself now. As I edited those that had the wrong pictures, I now see they are products that are under a different merchant but with my picture.

now you mention it, the one of mine that is damaged is something I relisted a few days back because somehow it had become unlisted sometime after my migration.

I've got a list of stuff I was going to release this weekend.  I think I might wait a while.

i have with my items the same **bleep** on the marketplace, but.... ... here my conversation with the seller what have a picture from my items: gismo.rhode hi there, one from your items shows in the marketplace a picture from me (was at the moment a big sl bug) - please chaneg it to yours :-) look here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SIamese-Cat-China-Blue-welcome-mat-wmenu-driven-sound-message/1412391 this is my item: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Immerschoen-Man-Shirt-Trans-Net-Black/1422080 greetz gismo ANSWER: a.a.(the name was hiden) Hi Gismo!, Well its nice to be mixed up with one of my favorite stores, :D I will work on it now and get it fixed for you :) --------------------- ROFL :-P (no comment about)

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I just checked all 37 pages of my store and everything still seems to be correct.  I am watching everything like a freaking hawk. 

FYI - I mentioned my business partner who is in a coma in few days ago.  I found out this morning that he passed away overnight.  I just hope there was family around him when he died.  This is a sad sad day for me. 
:(

Rotten India:  Born 03/02/2009, Died 03/30/2012

I am sorry, Marcus :( 

Sera Lok wrote:

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I just checked all 37 pages of my store and everything still seems to be correct.  I am watching everything like a freaking hawk. 

FYI - I mentioned my business partner who is in a coma in few days ago.  I found out this morning that he passed away overnight.  I just hope there was family around him when he died.  This is a sad sad day for me. 

Rotten India:  Born 03/02/2009, Died 03/30/2012

I am sorry, Marcus

Thank you, Miss Sera.  I am too.  He became my best friend in SL and I'll miss him a lot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.