How do I win

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Never start an argument with anybody for any reason or no reason at all. Treat others nicely as you yourself wish to be treated by others.

That is the proven sure way to win, to gain respect, to gain friends and to gain admiration.
And best of all, you will feel good inside too for being a good person.

PS.
Forget about the "game", which SL is not. It's more like a social 3D platform.
There is a real human being behind each avatar (except for the bots..).

jwenting wrote:

It's life, not a game
:)

Define your goals, try to achieve them, if you call that winning you've won. For me, I "win" if I have a pleasant time without upsetting others, isn't that what we're all trying to have after all?

Not upsetting others is a difficult task.  If it's life and not a game as you say, I could not play.   Everyone gets upset, and about the funniest things.   If there's one thing I can't control it's keeping people from being upset.  Some are posting bitter responses to the CEO about name changes.  They are clearly upset with him.    How do I win at second life? 

It's simple. 

Take the number of items in your inventory, divide it by the number of times you have been ruthed, subtract the number of failed teleports you have experienced, add on the total number of slutish looking avatars you have seen, divide it by the number of idiots you have met and then multiply it by the number of new accounts that have left SL forever within the first hour of playing.

If the number you are left with is 42 then you have won.

Click the "X" button in the corner and go play Call of Duty?

SL isn't a "game" that you can "win." It's a social platform, and there are no "winners" or "losers." There are games you can play inside SL, and in some of those games you can win (or lose). But as far as actually winning SL, there's nothing to win because you're not playing a game.

Porky Gorky wrote:

It's simple. 

Take the number of items in your inventory, divide it by the number of times you have been ruthed, subtract the number of failed teleports you have experienced, add on the total number of slutish looking avatars you have seen, divide it by the number of idiots you have met and then multiply it by the number of new accounts that have left SL forever within the first hour of playing.

Tried to keep track of all those but the computer coughed up a disk and died!  :robotfrustrated:

Porky Gorky wrote:

It's simple. 

Take the number of items in your inventory, divide it by the number of times you have been ruthed, subtract the number of failed teleports you have experienced, add on the total number of slutish looking avatars you have seen, divide it by the number of idiots you have met and then
multiply it by the number of new accounts that have left SL forever within the first hour of playing.

Adjectives such as sluttish and idiotic are relative.  I don't have a proper dataset to compute the last criterion, do you know where such data may be gleaned?  Your formula is very much flawed. 

Well, the big boss you have to fight to win, you have to prepare -

Drink from the sacred chalise to give you more life force.

When you confront the big boss, it is this huge walking demon that shoots red lasers at you.

You have to shoot at it with holy crosses dipped in holy water and when you beat the SL demon from hell, the sim collapes.

For how to get there, it is weird, when you are ready, you will be unexpectedly teleported to this place of battle. It is a strange looking sim unlike anything you can imagine.

You will have to defeat 3 other bosses before hand -one of them being Imnotgoing Sideways

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

Click the "X" button in the corner and go play Call of Duty?

SL isn't a "game" that you can "win." It's a social platform, and
there are no "winners" or "losers."

Believe me, there are plenty of losers.

(Thank you, Jim Halpert)

PudgyPaddy wrote:

jwenting wrote:

It's life, not a game
:)

Define your goals, try to achieve them, if you call that winning you've won. For me, I "win" if I have a pleasant time without upsetting others, isn't that what we're all trying to have after all?

Not upsetting others is a difficult task.  If it's life and not a game as you say, I could not play.   Everyone gets upset, and about the funniest things.   If there's one thing I can't control it's keeping people from being upset.  Some are posting bitter responses to the CEO about name changes.  They are clearly upset with him.    How do I win at second life? 

of course, but at least try to not upset them deliberately :)

I'm sure my very presence (due to my looks and wardrobe selection) would upset people in a lot of sims for example, so I avoid those.

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Adjectives such as sluttish and idiotic are relative.  I don't have a proper dataset to compute the last criterion, do you know where such data may be gleaned?  Your formula is very much flawed. 

Sounds like you need to get the SLutish Idiot tracker HUD.

Regarding the last criteria, you obviously need to put together a unlikely group of misfits similar to the A-team and launch an assault on Battery St to get the information.

Based on your current lack of ingenuity coupled with your lack of faith in the formula I can safety say that you have no chance of winning. :

You might as well just pack up and leave, then I can haz your fings!

:matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.