People Can Cam into my SL rental house?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your issue and all, but I feel you're over dramatizing this.

At first I thought maybe you didn't want others to spy on your intimate life, which is 100% understandable, but you seem to not want anyone to even see your posessions? Your only option is to turn on land privacy and live in a skybox on a less crowded sim. This STILL leaves you open to the off chance of people seeing your kitchen table and wall hanging /gasp but it's really the best SL has to offer.

Think about how SL would look if you could hide everything on a parcel.

P.S I take that back, you could always rent a homestead sim with sim wide security, financially unrealistic for most, but its an option.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Next:  The Alpha Bug

that's still around? heehe

i guess for builds it is but for avatars it's getting extinct with the alpha layer now..my high heals don't look like clogs on the dancefloor anymore lol

god i hated that..spend 1k on a pair of boots and couldn't even get on the dance floor with them because of the glompy looking inviso prims on my feet that became soo visible lol

omg look at the size of the feet on her!! \o/ hehehehe

Sure.. but given the topic at hand, why does a thread have to run her through the entire gamut of human emotion? Is that really necessary?

If Mayalily has the connection to her avi that most do, before she realises how sad SL can be, as evidenced by the pointless, self serving ramblings of the effluentsia, I feel her position of being comfortable with this wirtual vorld is much at risk, as she has mentioned.

Mayalily needs to know the whole of SL is not that way. The offers of help are just awesome. Think for a moment what the casual forum lurker sees here. 16,000 SL looks a day? = 0 new residents, correct? *wonders what the problem might be..

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Sure.. but given the topic at hand, why does a thread have to run her through the entire gamut of human emotion? Is that really necessary?

If Mayalily has the connection to her avi that most do, before she realises how sad SL can be, as evidenced by the pointless, self serving ramblings of the effluentsia, I feel her position of being comfortable with this wirtual vorld is much at risk, as she has mentioned.

Mayalily needs to know the whole of SL is not that way. The offers of help are just awesome. Think for a moment what the casual forum lurker sees here. 16,000 SL looks a day? = 0 new residents, correct?
*wonders what the problem might be..

ya i think spending a lot of time in the forums will give a negative impact on the way the grid can be looked at..not a lot of people come to the forum to complain how good the grid is hehehehe

as old as even the oldest  avatars here have been in sl we could never be truly honest enough to say we have seen it all by a long shot..

it changes too fast to keep up with and  there is so much out there that we would all become senile because of filling our long term memory with that much data if we could..there would be no room left for retention of the data to even be able to spread the word about it lol

i would prescribe to anyone..more in world and less forums.. mainly because learning too much at one time rather than experiencing it can have us missing a whole world of experiences..

i call it the good will hunting effect lol

god knows it's easy to get just as addicted to the forums as it is the grid itself hehehehe

I keep waiting for the reality check, yet everyone seems to be in for the soft sell and the pity me routine...

I'm actually very disappointed by the level of victim mentality being displayed by some (not that I think they would care one whit)

and for the record I'm not advocating cruelty, but reality is not a fluffy soft padded room, nor is SL, or even the internet in general... it's got corners and sharp edges, and painting over them doesn't do justice to anyone.

What are you talking about?  It seems to me that May was upset because she's just learned a great deal about her lack of privacy in SL... which is a very good lesson to learn.  If this thread is what it took to give her that knowledge, how could it possibly be seen as a bad thing? 

I saw no one within this thread that was acting with anything even close to malicious intent.  Sure, some may have had a bit of fun at what some might perceive as being at her expense, but, in reality, she invited that upon herself by refusing to take anyone's word and demanding to be shown the truth.  What you're doing is blaming the messengers for the message. 

May is responsible for her own actions and her own emotions, no one else.  I'm sure once she gets past this little episode, she'll be fine and having a great time in SL once again... if not, she'll only have herself to blame.

...Dres

(Venus, I expect you will be a good sport about this so...)

Mayalily, if it makes you feel any better, shortly after Venus visitied your house yesterday I ran into her on the grid, purely by chance.  Her name kept popping up onscreen but I couldn't spot her in the public area.  I used my cam/minimap to locate her and got a nice up close and personal look. And a photo.   As far as I know she had no idea.  I've made a specific point of setting my viewer to hide where I am looking and/or that I am taking photos.  This can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone.

I usually notify people I am taking snapshots but given the nature of this thread...oh, maybe that won't make you feel better. Nevermind.  Loved the outfit though, Venus :-)

Throws a bowl of Salad @ Dresden, accompanied by an LWL napkin, quickly followed by a glass of plain sparkling mineral water.. will you get serious 4 once Dresden! :P ^~

You can also set a warning text message in most viewers that tells if someone is taking a picture, or you used to be able to..

RudolphUkka wrote:

Mayalily, while I don't really want to

worry you even more, you also need to know that those

developers over at Firestorm have put a hidden

option into the newest version of their

browser, which allows you to see other avatars without their

clothes on.

*** Rudi

Thanks Willow, Ceka, Maryanne especially.

But the reason I wanted to leave was the above by Rudi.

I don't know what's truth around here and what's not.

Is the above truth or what? 

If it's truth, my answer is no...I do not agree to this. 

@Laurin:  I LOL'ed when I saw your 'candid' shot of me backstage.  Thank goodness I was not greeting the damn robot that the club manager put back there -- now, THAT might have been a 'candid' shot.  HAH!  Yes, I had my 'show lookat' feature turned off because I really do not care what others look at.

The outfit (thank you!) is from BC Shapes and Skins.  The creator has a few items of clothing in the back.  The boots are from Shiny Things.

Mayalily wrote:

RudolphUkka wrote:

Mayalily, while I don't really want to

worry you even more, you also need to know that those

developers over at Firestorm have put a hidden

option into the newest version of their

browser, which allows you to see other avatars without their

clothes on.

*** Rudi

Thanks Willow, Ceka, Maryanne especially.

But the reason I wanted to leave was the above by Rudi.

I don't know what's truth around here and what's not.

Is the above truth or what? 

If it's truth, my answer is no...I do not agree to this. 

Maya:  Many here have responded to your 64 topics, several that have been questions seeking truth, with the truth.  That no one but you has reacted to his assertion should tell you something.

ETA: grammar check

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.