People Can Cam into my SL rental house?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

After this post, I'm outta here.  I'm sick of this hypercritical people.  I'm gone.

I was trying to be helpful. While doing so, I tried to be honest. I criticized. I felt you were due some criticism. I tried to suggest ways to go forward. It bothers me that you are leaving SL because of something I said, but I'll get over it. I've re-read what I wrote. I don't think I see anything I'd change.

Shoot, I thought her post was aimed at me...I was upset for a moment because I didn't feel like I was criticizing her.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maya, I think "hypercritical" is a bit much. Even the people who did criticize you also gave you helpful advice and well wishes. You've been offered technical information, hospitality, sympathy, and yes, a bit of a reality check. There is so much good advice here if you will try to read it with a little less emotion.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Thanks. I didn't think it was
hyper
critical either. Critical, yes, and I said as much.  Still bugs me that it upset her; I'd actually hoped it might be enlightening.

No, it wasn't enligthening.  My post count is higher than yours because I was helping for several months in the viewer section.

And, I have left.  The house is cleaned out, and everything deleted.  And this is not a "flounce" as you call it.  It is called leaving period.

Stuff is deleted, and I have asked the mods to close this thread as why keep talking about a person who is gone?  My stuff is deleted, and I am not coming back.

Get on with your life and please leave me alone.  Please.  I'm asking kindly. 

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

After this post, I'm outta here. 
I'm sick of this hypercritical people
.  I'm gone.

I was trying to be helpful. While doing so, I tried to be honest.
I criticized. I felt you were due some criticism. I tried to suggest ways to go forward. It bothers me that you are leaving SL because of something I said, but I'll get over it. I've re-read what I wrote. I don't think I see anything I'd change.

It's funny when that happens.  Maya knows I am a troll; and I don't fail her.   At least she knows I am not a hypocrite.  

@Maya I, too, get sick of the hypocrites, but that's exactly why I am *not* gone.  

Storm, I think she was referring to people who were over-critical of her, not that we/they were hypocrites
:(

Will someone post another bold hyper for me as I did not get the original or the subsequent two?   I was applying 'tact' in my correcting Maya's English once again.  

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Shoot, I thought her post was aimed at me...I was upset for a moment because I didn't feel like I was criticizing her.

I read your post,  too and  you're right: the way the response was framed it could have been either of our posts. Yours wasn't critical at all; mine was but I at least tried to make suggestions.

I think you, I, and damn near everyone who responded in this thread, tried to help at least a little.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

After this post, I'm outta here.  I'm sick of this hypercritical people.  I'm gone.

I was trying to be helpful. While doing so, I tried to be honest. I criticized. I felt you were due some criticism. I tried to suggest ways to go forward. It bothers me that you are leaving SL because of something I said, but I'll get over it. I've re-read what I wrote. I don't think I see anything I'd change.

Why are we commenting on Dillon's post?  There were many many posts before Dillon's.  So many helpful, offers of help, explanations, evidence requested and provided, patience extende and patience exhausted. 

Maybe this flounce is an unfilled desire to get an invite to LWL.  Who knows?

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

I read your post,  too and  you're right: the way the response was framed it could have been either of our posts. Yours wasn't critical at all; mine was but I at least tried to make suggestions.

I think you, I, and damn near everyone who responded in this thread, tried to help at least a little.

Yes, but we must always "watch for falling rock."

Mayalily, if your RL position does in fact allow you to stay and you would like to, maybe we could arrange one of these originals for you. This is not a sex bed. A custom item from a genuine, wonderful creator friend. I am not aware that this item will ever be offered for sale. Even if she does end up selling them, you would be owner #2 :-)

AutumnBed.jpg

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Why are we commenting on Dillon's post?  There were many many posts before Dillon's.  So many helpful, offers of help, explanations, evidence requested and provided, patience extende and patience exhausted. 

We are commenting on Dillon's post because Maya wrote to her.  She called her a hypocrite and said she was leaving. 

Dillon wanted Maya to leave the forum.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

After this post, I'm outta here. 
I'm sick of this hypercritical people
.  I'm gone.

I was trying to be helpful. While doing so, I tried to be honest.
I criticized. I felt you were due some criticism. I tried to suggest ways to go forward. It bothers me that you are leaving SL because of something I said, but I'll get over it. I've re-read what I wrote. I don't think I see anything I'd change.

It's funny when that happens.  Maya knows I am a troll; and I don't fail her.   At least she knows I am not a hypocrite.  

@Maya I, too, get sick of the hypocrites, but that's exactly why I am *not* gone.  

Storm, I think she was referring to people who were over-critical of her, not that we/they were hypocrites
:(

Will someone post another bold
hyper
for me as I did not get the original or the subsequent two?   I was applying 'tact' in my correcting Maya's English once again.  

Ooops, sorry...:matte-motes-confused: :(

I don't think it was any one person's post.

I think what Maya was looking for was for us to either pat-pat her and tell her that camming was indeed a nasty rumor or for us to join her in her indiignation. When she got neither, she got upset and is trying to find a place to pin the blame.

I feel silly now for actually thinking she wanted information.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Good question, Venus. Why are you?

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Yes this Dillon.  If you had read this thread all you posted was unnecessary redunduncey (spelled wrong on purpose). 

Again, my post count is higher than yours because I volunteered for months here as a helper with the viewer as I researched a lot of things on the internet that were very helpful to me and wanted to share them.  This thread has been unnecessarily repetitive, and your criticism was out of touch with knowing anything about me.

It's not a flounce.  Again, I've asked for a lock.  I wanted to leave yesterday, but this forum is almost always like this with endless badgering and stupid criticism. 

When someone asks will you leave me alone please, posters still won't. 

To all of you --- Goodbye.  Does that spell it out yet?  Yet?  Well, soon it will.  I can only hope.  LEAVE ME ALONE!  PLEASE!

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

I will wait to see Sylvia's answer to your question first before honoring yours with a reply.  Wait, I will scroll up.  You must have asked her first...and then Kylie?  Or Storm?  someone...up there...right? 

Mayalily wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Yes this Dillon.  If you had read this thread all you posted was unnecessary redunduncey (spelled wrong on purpose). 

Again, my post count is higher than yours because I volunteered for months here as a helper with the viewer as I researched a lot of things on the internet that were very helpful to me and wanted to share them.  This thread has been unnecessarily repetitive, and your criticism was out of touch with knowing anything about me.

Don't go yet Maya you are beginning to make me proud!  Great post.  

Maya,  There is no reason to lock this thread.  There are many MANY threads that were started by others who have not posted in a long while or may ever again but they are still 'there' ...kind of like a field of flowers left untended yet every once in awhile a bee comes along to pollinate a flower (i.e., necropost) and, voila, the thread is reborn.

Do not leave Maya!

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

I will wait to see Sylvia's answer to your question first before honoring yours with a reply.  Wait, I will scroll up.  You must have asked her first...and then Kylie?  Or Storm?  someone...up there...right? 

Nope. I was speaking directly to you. That's the way I do things. When I respond to a post and use the first name of the person who posted: "Good question, Venus. Why are you?", you can safely assume that's who I'm addressing. Go ahead on.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

*knee jerk reaction for the effluentsia, defies logic, but a well known affliction.

musthavehighpostcountitis is its more common name. 

Most unfortunate, but there is no cure I am afraid:smileysad:

Should I bother interpreting correct english for them?

hmm rl shopping calls...

Good idea.  You were starting to cough blood there.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Nope. I was speaking directly to you. That's the way I do things. When I respond to a post and use the first name of the person who posted: "Good question, Venus. Why are you?", you can safely assume that's who I'm addressing. Go ahead on.

Oh why thank you!  You pushed me to the head of the line.  If you read my post carefully, you will note that I did not comment on your post.  I referenced nothing whatsoever in it.  I was questioning why others were commenting on it.

There, I have answered your question and improved your reading skills.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Actually, no. I asked why you were commenting on my post. I still ask. You haven't answered.

Mayalily wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

It's not a flounce.  Again, I've asked for a lock.  I wanted to leave yesterday, but this forum is almost always like this with endless badgering and stupid criticism. 

When someone asks will you leave me alone please, posters still won't. 

To all of you --- Goodbye.  Does that spell it out yet?  Yet?  Well, soon it will.  I can only hope.  LEAVE ME ALONE!  PLEASE!

Maya, people are still commenting in this thread because it still interests them. Not all the replies are even directed at you. The thread needn't be locked, just stop reading it if you're tired of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.