People Can Cam into my SL rental house?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Star Bright -- Star Shine, Cevedale - Moderate

OK, everyone meet at Maya's...bring your cameras :matte-motes-silly:

your forum avatar is already set to snoop mode lol..

what is that over your eye? hehehehe

Oh yes...I'm the curious one in the bunch :)

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I think you ought to delete the location of your home, Maya. You might not have encountered any yet, but there are a fair few nutter/griefer/stalker types in SL. It seems silly to attract them to your home location.

Excellent advice. Better to let someone from the thread who expressed interest in helping you IM you inworld.

Evidence!  Here is your fairy room I photographed by camming into your home.  The door is locked.  I stood on the other side of your bridge to cam inside.

Maya house_001.jpg

Then I cammed upstairs, clicked on your chair, and sat in it.  Again, your front door is locked so this is the only way I could get in.  I TP'ed back outside to leave your home.

Maya house_004.jpg

You live next to a bar (if anyone else wants to check you out).

/me waves to Stella (who was there, too)

ETA:  I removed the SLURL to your home but if anyone goes to that sim and finds the rental area (it is surrounded by water) and finds the BAR, your home is next door.

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I think you ought to delete the location of your home, Maya. You might not have encountered any yet, but there are a fair few nutter/griefer/stalker types in SL. It seems silly to attract them to your home location.

A nighmare scenerio:

snap.png

Waits for your arrival.  I hope you don't mind smoking, too.

Stella Carver wrote:

Does anyone besides me think that once Maya learns to cam she may find her opinion changing about whether it's a good thing?

Maybe so. 

I've search for a video to better illustrate how one cams through walls in SL, but unfortunately, I can't find one.  If I knew how to shoot video in SL I would make one for her, but there's things even I still don't know about.

I find May's naivety about this rather endearing.  I was just as naive when I got here, not having had a lot of gaming experience; it was a long time before I realized I could use the alt mouse click thing to cam around.  Unlike May, I was excited to know I could cam to things far away and look into places without having to move my avatar there. 

So she doesn't "get it" quite yet... so what?  Eventually she will, then move on to her next shocking discovery, which I look forward to hearing about and helping her figure out.

...Dres

ETA: Oh good, leyna posted one... guess I just wasn't diligent enough in my search. :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I find May's naivety about this rather endearing.  I was just as naive when I got here, not having had a lot of gaming experience; it was a long time before I realized I could use the alt mouse click thing to cam around.  Unlike May, I was excited to know I could cam to things far away and look into places without having to move my avatar there. 

So she doesn't "get it" quite yet... so what?  Eventually she will, then move on to her next shocking discovery, which I look forward to hearing about and helping her figure out.

...Dres

You are just too darn sweet and are in danger of being a good influence on me!

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ian Undercroft wrote:

A nighmare scenerio:

snap.png

Waits for your arrival.  I hope you don't mind smoking, too.

omg, Storm...too funny!

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I find the way this thread has progressed ironic, if not bizarre. Having started out wanting to preserve the privacy of the interior of her house, that interior is now, at her invitation, apparent for the world to see.

Absolutely. I think in fact, that she said she'd only read about the
possibility
of camming, not that she was actually having an incident & now we've all gone and gang cammed her. When did she say she'd be back, around 2? We should have an impromtu party waiting.

Sounds like this new land setting could be a popular feature for landlords to include as part of their service.

Camming is a tool that should be enjoyed by all builders, shoppers, explorers and people-watchers. It's like any feature in SL- the more you learn about the tools available the more you will enjoy your SL. Yes, it can possibly be abused, and I see camming someone changing in their skybox to be a huge breach of sletiquette. (Not everyone agrees, and it's always been hotly debated as to whether we should have an expectation of privacy.) Maya, you will grow to appreciate it more one day perhaps when you are out enjoying some scenery and trying to take a perfect photograph, and it will suddenly click with you why we all love camming. It's not just for the pervs. :)

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

Jumping on the bandwagon...(and your rocking chair!). This reminds me of the Rainy Alley thread!

That was a great thread... I seriously thought about creating one like it for my skybox.  But then I thought about all of my "equipment" and decided the pics might get out of hand, so I refrained.

...Dres (This is a PG forum after all.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.