People Can Cam into my SL rental house?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

That was a great thread... I seriously thought about creating one like it for my skybox.  But then I thought about all of my "equipment" and decided the pics might get out of hand, so I refrained.

...Dres (This is a PG forum after all.)

Aha! So that's why I've never been invited to your home! :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I cammed inside Mayalily's house I saw something delicious... I just had to go inside and have a taste. :smileyhappy:

Strawberries
Yummy!

After eating I had to relax a bit before going on my way...
Swing

Thank you very much Mayalily. I really enjoyed your hospitality. I tried not to mess up anything so that everything will be as you left them. Thanks again. :smileywink:

as time goes on i think you will see just how small this loss of privacy feels compared to others you will find out later in time..

this will feel like a safe room  compared to the ones you will hear about later..

there are nice people on the grid..but there are some evil ones as well..

i won't go into too much about it here because it will probably have my post removed or the thread..

i'm just saying ..this won't seem like such a big thing later on down the road.. *winks*

Ceka Cianci wrote:

as time goes on i think you will see just how
small this loss of privacy feels compared to others
you will find out later in time..

this
will feel like a safe room
  compared to the ones you will hear about later..

there are nice people on the grid..
but there are some evil ones as well

I hope Maya does not think that the only troll in SL exists on this forum; and that I am that only troll. 

We breed faster than rabbits.  :matte-motes-bored:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

as time goes on i think you will see just how
small this loss of privacy feels compared to others
you will find out later in time..

this
will feel like a safe room
  compared to the ones you will hear about later..

there are nice people on the grid..
but there are some evil ones as well

I hope Maya does not think that the only troll in SL exists on this forum; and that I am that only troll. 

We breed faster than rabbits.  :matte-motes-bored:

she would see you as a priest compared to some of the evil  people running around the grid LOL

take a look on the other side of the street if you haven't already..you'll see what thread i'm talking about when you get there lol

Willow Danube wrote:

FYI + Disclaimer (just in case we all get AR'd for trespassing):

I did asked for Maya's permission to perv her house and she said yes. I'm cleared against all violations.

i overheard them talking..they were looking for a patsy to blame it on..

at first i thought they were talking about someone named pillow..but  a truck was passing by at the time so i may have misunderstood them :P

Ceka Cianci wrote:

she would see you as a priest compared to some of the evil  people running around the grid
LOL

After almost two years haven't you figured it out yet; it only matters to me how *you* see me.  imgres.jpeg 

I would love for you to "cam" me sometime.  However, I think I will lose you for sure.  Oh well, I am stuck in this forum and I can't get out. 

As I read the first 2-3 pages of this thread I thought: What in the world let someone worry about it?

I live in a little house on a small, but nice piece of land. I can close my windows or colour them dark, if I want. No one who is living near my house will look inside by mistake. And I don't know why anyone should be interested in looking inside (except to see my lovly decorated rooms :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:). Most of the time I'm not at home and even in the times I'm there, you won't see any special or exciting. I hang around, enjoying my place or change my outfit. Only 0,1% of my time there could you see me using some "cuddle and more" poseballs, I guess. Every stalker would just die because of boredom. :matte-motes-whistle:

So thats why I don't think that there a many people trying to look permanently inside the houses of strangers. And if you have a real stalker....it isn't a house-only-problem and has nothing to do with the generel privacy of a house. Ok.....and know, where is the problem again? :D

Venus Petrov wrote:

Evidence!  Here is your fairy room I photographed by camming into your home.  The door is locked.  I stood on the other side of your bridge to cam inside.

Maya house_001.jpg

Then I cammed upstairs, clicked on your chair, and sat in it.  Again, your front door is locked so this is the only way I could get in.  I TP'ed back outside to leave your home.

Maya house_004.jpg

You live next to a bar (if anyone else wants to check you out).

/me waves to Stella (who was there, too)

ETA:  I removed the SLURL to your home but if anyone goes to that sim and finds the rental area (it is surrounded by water) and finds the BAR, your home is next door.

I lol'ed....

Storm Clarence wrote:

I respond to this post only, but I wanted to respond to all your posts in this thread.  I will post  an emoticon:

th_backing-out-smiley.gif

I post this emoticon because I will face a suspension if I really stated my opinion about your OP and your rants.  

You must grow up.  

I hate to say it, and probably a little tact could have gone into this response, but ^^^^ THIS!!!!  You do not own anything in SL.  You are paying for entertainment not ownership.  You pay money to go to a concert and have fun, that does not mean you own the band or the venue.  You are paying money to play in someone else's playground.  If you don't like the rules, you can leave, create a jira to see if this is a problem for other people, deal with the fact that everyone can see you or buy a private island.

It is more than obvious from all the visitors you had to your house today that anyone can get in both with their cameras and their avatars.  I suggest you learn to use the camera controls yourself so you know what others are capable of doing.  There is no rumor, just fact.  It is not a conspiracy to fool you into thinking that you have privacy.  Read the TOS, read the wiki-pages, read through the knowledge base.  You were told by numerous people where to find the information you seek and still seemed to believe everyone was lying to you about whether they could cam into your house simply because you never bothered to learn the basic camera controls and didn't know how they worked.  I hope your expectations of privacy are a little clearer now.  Ignorance is terrible to have to live through, but you now have all you need to continue your second life.

Wow!  That may have been the meanest I've ever been in the forums.  Do I get a troll badge now?

Cinn

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

I respond to this post only, but I wanted to respond to all your posts in this thread.  I will post  an emoticon:

th_backing-out-smiley.gif

I post this emoticon because I will face a suspension if I really stated my opinion about your OP and your rants.  

You must grow up.  

I hate to say it,
and probably a little tact could have gone into this response
, but ^^^^ THIS!!!!  

Cinn

I am so working on the tact part.  Give me a just little more time.  

"I'm glad somebody told Mayalilly about the underwear cam gawking.  As a matter of fact, a certain Victorian gentleman *cough* that I know has his camera set for optimal upskirt viewing as his personal default."

Although I dress rather conservatively for SL, I make a point of never wearing panties. I consider it a public service.*

*please note I am completely untrustworthy and will say anything to get a laugh...even a very small chuckle.

Ian Undercroft wrote:

/me thinks twice about telling Mayalily that some SL men have a tendency to "perv" cam up women's skirts when in SL clubs. 

I’ll avoid pointing out to her that there is no real privacy in the Internet at all, then. It seems unnecessarily cruel, seeing how flustered she's got realising that her SL avatar could be watched.

PS Do you think she knows that all her chatlogs are LL property too?

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I find the way this thread has progressed ironic, if not bizarre. Having started out wanting to preserve the privacy of the interior of her house, that interior is now, at her invitation, apparent for the world to see.

No, Ian, it's not my house; it's my avatar and my dressing (and undressing, I should say) and I was thinking of buying a bathtub to see if it created relaxation into my mind; taking a SL bath, that is. 

Anyhow, I'm speechless now.  I have nothing more to say.  I don't want to discuss this further. 

Mayalily wrote:

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I find the way this thread has progressed ironic, if not bizarre. Having started out wanting to preserve the privacy of the interior of her house, that interior is now, at her invitation, apparent for the world to see.

No, Ian, it's not my house; it's my avatar and my dressing (and undressing, I should say) and I was thinking of buying a bathtub to see if it created relaxation into my mind; taking a SL bath, that is. 

Anyhow, I'm speechless now.  I have nothing more to say.  I don't want to discuss this further. 

Oh I have a lovely bathtub in my SL home and use it a lot!

It relaxes my neighbour.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.