Are Blue Eyes the Most Popular?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see a lot of blue eyes on avatars.  Or, I could even say I see blue eyes as the No. 1 choice for avatars. 

So, are blue eyes your personal favorite color for eyes, or do you use or prefer a different color? 

My avatar's eyes look like a steal-blue color and sometimes greenish, though I've noticed that a lot of avatars have the deep blue eyes. 

Also, do you change your eye color a lot or keep to one color? 

Yes those are a pretty grey, Jacki.  I never noticed your eyes before and I think those are the perfect eye color for you.  And the backdrop color you picked for you badge really brings out the color of your eyes now, and they look striking.  Mine have a little grey in them also.  I like that look.  I like all the eye colors, though I notice deep blue seems to be the favorite or No.1 from what I have seen.  But, I still like all the eye colors; it depends on the overall avatar sometimes as to what the right eye color is for the overall look. 

I pretty much stick to my steal-blue greyish eyes. 

Blue eyes are pretty popular in sl, I've noticed. But they're pretty popular in rl too.

Mine have been two different colors, brown and cerulean. Right now, they're a light brown, until I finish making my new eyes which are only not finished because I'm being lazy. They'll be a darker shade of brown, a near identical replica of my rl eyes, when I finish, though.

The cerulean eyes I used to wear, I also made, but they weren't/aren't very good quality, I was pretty novice at making just about anything (couldn't even make a house back then, lol). Cerulean is my rl fav. color though-which is why I went for that one. It complimented my skin well-and vice versa, back then. Now I don't even remember what I named them, funny yet sad at the same time.

Blue eyes are common in many parts of RL europe and non-native-america.

I have heard that in many other parts of the world people have trouble taking us seriously (often without realising the reason themsefs) because we have baby eyes.

I have green eyes in RL and SL. In SL the iris is full bright so at dark im exeptionally pretty. Prim eyes were one of the very first things i built in SL. I always wear prim eyes to be able to have them glow in the dark. Usually human eyes, sometimes cat eyes or animated hypnotoad eyes.

Please note: When trying to post this text, I received the error message "The message body contains v.e.r.s.u.s, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post." I will therefore replace all instances of "v.e.r.s.u.s" with "vagina". So if you come across the word vagina, please do not be disturbed and mentally substitute it with v.e.r.s.u.s. Thank you.

Bright, colorful, unusual and exotic eye colors are usually deemed more attractive, at least by men. The most unusual and rare natural eye colors are blue and green. That goes for all human populations btw. Contrary to the common belief that entire Northern European populations are blue-eyed, there is not a single population where this is really the case. The prevalent eye color is always brown, hazel, or, in some European populations, grey.

Which means that blue and green eyes are most highly sought after by men. If all other traits are equal, that is. Of course if you put a Caucasian man into a room with ten blue-eyed Caucasian women and one Asian girl, he'll probably go for the latter :) Like I said, it's unusual and exotic looks that are most desirable.

Women, on the other hand, often select against men with blue eyes. Not only do women have different selection criteria (high testosterone levels in sires, vagina low testosterone, i.e. a kind character, and social status / wealth when it comes to husbands), blue-eyed men also tend to look more feminine. The genes responsible for blue eyes are closely linked to skin color and gender-related traits, as Kleisner et al found out in 2010. Kleisner morphed the photos of large groups of Czech men in order to get the average face of blue-eyed Czech males vagina the average brown-eyed face. This was the result:

Eye color and gender traits.jpg

The average blue-eyed male face appears more juvenile-feminine and a lot less maculine-dominant. Which means that men will often select for blue eyes and women usually against them. Not because they'd find blue eyes unattractive, but because blue-eyed men tend to look boyish and gender-ambiguous (like myself, for example. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that a greater percentage of blue-eyed than brown-eyed men is gay or bisexual, or has a non-standard gender identity).

Of course things are somewhat different in SL. Not only can SL residents alter their physical traits at will, we also have a lot more eye colors to choose from. "Exotic and unusal" takes on a whole new meaning in this environment :) Japanese manga and anime artists often draw their characters with unnatural eye colors, such as purple, orange, or pink. I've found that these colors also work quite well in SL. So do gradients and color combinations (my current eyes are a mixture of cyan and purple). Remember, the most important thing is to look different than any other woman in the room / sim :)

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Please note
:
When trying to post this text, I received the error message
"The message body contains v.e.r.s.u.s, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post."
I will therefore replace all instances of "v.e.r.s.u.s" with "
vagina
". So if you come across the word
vagina
, please do not be disturbed and mentally substitute it with v.e.r.s.u.s. Thank you.

/me can't stop laughing.

That's the funniest thing I've seen in some time.
:)

Just like in real life, I really don't pay much attention to eye color of an avatar in SL unless they are really something odd (like purple or pink or red).  I'm not in SL right now so I can't really tell you what color mine are..........probably either blue or green (heck I can't remember the last time I changed my eyes).  Blue eyes are probably the most popular since everyone seems to think blue eyes are pretty in RL (yeah, I think so too though my eyes are hazel with some flecks of green and yellow in RL).

I think eyes are popular no matter what color :smileyvery-happy:

And to answer the question: I am the least attracted to dark brown eyes, all other colors will do fine. I know some people RL who have 2 colors, totally love that (as long 1 is not dark brown).

I have grey-greenish eyes with some golden sparkles in RL, my SL eyes, well, my badge is revealing that.

Tex Nasworthy wrote:

Please note
:
"The message body contains v.e.r.s.u.s, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post."
vagina
vagina
, please do not be disturbed and mentally substitute it with v.e.r.s.u.s. Thank you.

/me can't stop laughing.

That's the funniest thing I've seen in some time.

bwahahaha!  Really did lol!

I suppose they did this in order to stop the spammers, which often used v.e.r.s.u.s in their post titles
The abbreviation v.s. (without the middle dot) is also banned now. It's a bit ridiculous imho, but there are workarounds :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

That is ridiculous... I wonder who's brilliant idea that was.  The worst thing about it is the fact that I now realize the last time I used that word I misspelled it verses, as if I was talking about a poem. *hangs head in shame*

As for the topic on hand, I never meant to recreate my RL coloring, very dark brown hair and blue eyes, when I first started SL... it kind of just worked out that way.  Part of that is because (not that I think I'm gorgeous or anything... lol, but) I find I'm attracted to guys with dark hair and blue eyes in RL.  I see a lot more blond haired guys with blue eyes in SL vagina dark haired ones, maybe I'm wrong but I do think it's a little bit more unusual.

I've tried changing my eyes since I settled on the ones I use now (and spent a lot of money doing so), but even if I use something in the same exact shade it still feels wrong somehow.  My eyes have become part of who I am... I'm just don't feel like me with anything else.

Well, I figure why not re-post my creepy close-up eyes pic...

creepy.png

...Dres

As a SL-photographer I like all colors of eyes, different is good and I can say people use all kinds of colors. I don't see that blue eyes are the favorites. I saw everything from very dark black eyes to bright lights green and yellow^^ even mixed colored eyes.

But of course lots of peaople try too look like in RL and then they use the right eyecolors too: blue, green or brown most of the time.

Mine are grey-blue like in RL too :robothappy:

Please note
:
vagina
vagina

I heartily approve of this form of protest of stupid word filters (and have to wonder at the convenience of the fact that those are my initials, after they banned my name once already in the past)

personally IRL I prefer green eyes, although I have a nice pair of blues that someone bought me for my original avatar. ...and that I use for my child av set (blue brightens and lends a more youthful appearance, and is rather creepy on that av, which was part of the point).... I tend to use uncommon/impossible colors for most of my avs though.

I got to thinking that blue eyes may not be the most popular in SL, but rather it is the deep blue eyes on the avatars that I can see easily, as the blue color just pops on avatars.  The second most color I can see on my monitor is green. 

My avatars eyes will turn a little greenish if I wear green. 

I think my favorite eye color is violet for a female avatar, but I've seen some striking eye colors also and they are not blue but more an amber dark yellow color which looks very nice on the right avatar and/or skin color, and the dark amber color pops on my monitor, too. 

In rl life, I'm not attracted to one color of eyes either... I like all eye colors.  Red hair and blue eyes is quite a striking combination in real life.

@ Jacki, ty for the compliment on my avatar.  As far as your new photo badge, Jacki, the backdrop color for your badge just makes your eyes pop and that photo is absolutely stunning.  

That's interesting, Ishy.  I find the brown-eyed man more attractive, but I think it is the shape of the lips that makes me think the guy in the photo with the brown eyes is more hunky looking.  Also, the skin color on the one with the blue eyes is a little too light and the blue eyes a little too blue, but I think it's mostly the smaller lips that I find unattractive in that photo.  My rl bf has blue-grey eyes and he looks hunky, but then again he has a suntan and more mature male features.  I'm not attracted to that age bracket shown in the photos in the first place though.  I prefer men near my own age, and teenager to 20 ain't my real life age.  I prefer 30+ with a more masculine honed look with some character lines.   However, the older male avatars may prefer being with a teenage girl avatar, and I don't want to look like nor be a teenager in SL.  So, this is unfortunate.  lolz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.