Final Linden Homes Poll

16 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Each of these countries could be represented by a single or multiple house designs. There could be "Swiss large/small", or "Swiss interior walls/Swiss no interior walls" house designs in the way that other Linden Homes houses are designed and designated.

Because a country made up of many different, historically isolated regions that has four official languages has a single identifiable architectural style.

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The real Alps aren't in a fictional singular country called "Europe", the Alps span the eight countries of France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Monaco and Slovenia. And they're all different, with differing house designs.

Each of these countries could be represented by a single or multiple house designs. There could be "Swiss large/small", or "Swiss interior walls/Swiss no interior walls" house designs in the way that other Linden Homes houses are designed and designated.

I really don't like the idea of having a completely US style Aspen/Colorado/Rockies style theme as the Alpine Theme. Yes I know and realise the majority of SL's users are Americans, but they already have so many other Linden Home themes purposely designed for them. No more US bias please! Adding in an additional US themed house design ("US Rockies?") to the Alpine Theme would be an acceptable compromise.

The real Japan has its own Alps too. As Sakura theme might potentially be a neighbour to Alpine Theme, perhaps mixing in a few Japanese style winter homes (if/where appropriate) would be nice too?

And don't forget, the Moon has an Alpine region too!  :)

Peeve: The U.S. should rename the Smokies or the Rockies as "Alps"!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why imitations?
Go for the real thing. The Rockies are in the USA the Alps are in Europe. Simple, no?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why imitations?
Go for the real thing. The Rockies are in the USA the Alps are in Europe. Simple, no?

I thought Sarah was saying all mountain ranges should be called "Alps", sorry!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The US has it's own alpine regions

Locations of three alpine regions of the western United States from which lacustrine sediment cores were collected: the Zirkel Wilderness and Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) of Colorado and the Beartooth Mountains of Montana and Wyoming.

source

You don't need to include the name Alps to be alpine.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Locations of three alpine regions of the western United States from which lacustrine sediment cores were collected: the Zirkel Wilderness and Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) of Colorado and the Beartooth Mountains of Montana and Wyoming.

source

You don't need to include the name Alps to be alpine.

I had never heard that before, is alpine used commonly in the USA to mean mountainous? 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I had never heard that before, is alpine used commonly in the USA to mean mountainous? 

From Merriam-Webster:

1. a. : of, relating to, or resembling mountains and especially the Alps. b. : of, relating to, or growing on upland slopes above the highest elevation where trees grow.

In the US we use the part B of the definition.

Here's an interesting description and graphic

alpine.thumb.png.8a49d11017103157c73aebcb473aef9c.png

source

Edited by Blush Bravin
added more info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Locations of three alpine regions of the western United States from which lacustrine sediment cores were collected: [...] Beartooth Mountains of Montana and Wyoming.

/me looks out her window at the Beartooth.

Yes, I concur, definitely alpine up there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kira Skydancer said:

/me looks out her window at the Beartooth.

Yes, I concur, definitely alpine up there.

I visited that (your) area about 6 years ago...absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking, never wanted to leave ❤️

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I visited that (your) area about 6 years ago...absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking, never wanted to leave ❤️

I don't either, and as I'm retired in RL... I'll get to look at these mountains nearly every day for the rest of my life :)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Shan SpiritWeaver said:

Just wondering if anyone knows or heard bits n pieces on what was the winning theme......??

Nobody knows which one is the winner is as it currently stands. Based on the responses to this thread, Tiki seems to be the most popular theme out of the options we were given. The winner could still be Alpine though, or one of the other themes. We'll have to wait and see. It'll be fun either way.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 3

On 8/1/2024 at 11:17 AM, LadyFi Marques said:

this topic went way off. this is a vote for a theme. and i am waiting for Patch to say something. 

hopefully he will in the next few months. 

Soon™
Completely in Linden Lab style. Did you expect something else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

The winner:  Tiki/Water Theme

Runner up:  Alpine Style Theme (Snow)

Owing to our offsite training, the team has fallen somewhat behind and is now focused on catching up. We have yet to determine which theme will be in line with Premium or Premium+, but we expect to make this decision promptly.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll and helped decide the upcoming themes for Linden Homes!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 25

5 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

The winner:  Tiki/Water Theme

Runner up:  Alpine Style Theme (Snow)

Owing to our offsite training, the team has fallen somewhat behind and is now focused on catching up. We have yet to determine which theme will be in line with Premium or Premium+, but we expect to make this decision promptly.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll and helped decide the upcoming themes for Linden Homes!

Thank you, Patch! My useless opinion: tiki as 512/1024, Alpine as 1024 or P+.

Edited by Kira Skydancer
Spelling
  • Like 3

My first thought was that PP needs a water theme; but on consideration SnowChalets might be the better fit, as people will be doing temporary upgrades and will want the extra prims for holiday decorations

• Like 3