Your theme ideas please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Medieval city, with a castle as community center, city walls and towers, narrow streets.

bernkastel-spitzhauschen_11675_xl.jpg

Maybe the Chalet homes could be updated with more exterior textures and add a small Bavarian castle near the Community Center Restaurant?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My suggestion is for a Southern American style, specifically Louisiana, with part of the land as a Bayou with moss hanging on the trees, canals or twisting waterways, alligators, possums, etc.  The houses should include a couple shotgun style, porches with haint blue ceilings & bottle trees in the content pack. I think this style would work well with a mix of 1024m and 512 m parcels. Southern mansions would be good on 2048 m parcels, but those might be a culturally problematic. I do think there would be an interest in 2048 m Gothic mansions though, probably in multiple styles.

A New Orleans Garden District Home, perfect size & shape for a 1024 m house
Louisiana, USA Luxury Real Estate - Homes for Sale

A Sims-version of a Louisiana house
The Sims 4- A Historic Louisiana Home| Speed Build

A Single story home, 1024 m or 512 m parcel

12 Most Popular Louisiana Style Homes in 2023 | Redfin

A front porch with haint-blue ceiling (traditionally used color to confuse spirits and keep them out of the house)
This Is the Perfect Haint Blue for Your Porch, According to Our Home Editor

Louisiana Shotgun houses, ideal for 512 m parcels or 1024 m parcels when the user wants a big yard
Preservation Resource Center at the Shotgun House - LA Conservancy
Beat the Heat: If You Want a Cool House, Get a Shotgun
A Brief History of New Orleans' Iconic “Shotgun” Houses | Apartment Therapy
shotgun houses diagram
^ This Diagram shows a modern remodel in which a short hallway & 2nd bathroom has been added. ^

Bayou houses
Home | Bayou State Homes
Tucker Bayou
The Ultimate Bayou Cottage – Garden & Gun
Bayou House - search in pictures

Bottle tree (traditionally used to confuse and trap spirits)

Bottle Trees – Felder Rushing's Blog

Louisiana house interior
traditional-home-entry-with-a-staircase

Love.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

Chalet-Stephanie-Aria-Journeys-10.jpg

A full on winter theme, winter all the time all the time (much like how the Stilts are summer all the time all the time)  would be really super.  I can imagine the soundscape too.  And the potential for winter vehicle fun; a community centre of ice-skating on a big pond; maybe the future location of Linden/Resident snowball fights.  Yes indeed; a 2048 plot of winter all the time!  The potential is there.

• Like 8

Screenshot_20240627_120329_Brave.jpg.a31e3dc96d0146eab46c057b52e95bb1.jpgA Louisiana bayou/swamp with shotgun shacks.  Cypress trees, mosses hanging from trees, almost entirely water with houses on stilts, a few patches of land, raised boardwalks instead of roads.

Rainforest like the Capybara region. Tropical without all the sand and palm trees. Grass covered huts with mosquito netting and tree houses. 

Deeper water themes with under water houses - and decks/small boat houses or nothing on the water. Rocky above ground landscaping with tidepools and some coastal trees (those cool ones that grow sideways due to constant winds!)

Screenshot_20240627_120659_Brave.thumb.jpg.48e180c8c7d29a86513faf57f5ff265c.jpgScreenshot_20240627_120121_Brave.thumb.jpg.b060abb9063aa123c351416b5f0f258c.jpg

Screenshot_20240627_120438_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240627_120246_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240627_120046_Brave.jpg

• Like 17

I think there are many residents who would like a spooky gothic mansion. Here are a couple versions that I think would be good on 2048 m parcels. There should be a hedge maze pieces in the content pack, so people could create a spooky maze. If snowy versions were included, it could be a homage to The Shining. Someone in an earlier thread referred to this idea as Victorians on steroids, but the Gothic style could be a mixture of different historical styles and include white as well as grey and dark exterior colors.

Reynolds Mansion: A Virtual Walking Tour of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania

Ghoulishly gorgeous Gothic homes to bring out your dark side |  loveproperty.com

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Craftsman, and some other ones that are too cute....

2760-w-windsor-1.0.webp

27563-_H.Winters_Bham_RB-Irving5330-f5bb67fd8c174cbaa08e3fc4d97be8c1.webp

2140901_nohke0648-1-3ef06c3546334cfba6e5a1b4cf6b75df.webp

craftsman-homes-5070211-hero-e13889c50bec48a386a8b51b25f748c1.webp

SmallCraftsman.jpg

Maybe some added styles to the Traditional homes? Could more Traditional regions be added to the west of the current ones, using the current method of building out Linden Homes and adding environmental sounds?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

As I discussed in my recent Town Hall at SL21B, we intend to conduct a poll to decide on one of the upcoming Linden Homes themes. I'm holding off on specifying the type of Linden Home (regular Premium vs. Premium Plus) for now, until we identify the probable candidates. We are considering a run-off style poll, where we would start with a broad range of themes for an initial vote, and then have a final vote among the top choices to select the winning theme. 

Kindly share your theme ideas along with some images that can help us understand your perfect vision for that theme suggestion.  Thank you in advance.  We are eager to see what you might want for your next Linden Home theme!

1. Tiki Polynesian like vacationing in Bora Bora or Fiji - OR other end of the spectrum like 50s style cheesy atomic age version Polynesian derivative with Tiki bars & neon signs in public spaces.

2. I've always said this: Make the SS Galaxy an apartment complex with apartments. Turn those dead shops & galleries into the equivalent of a Linden region hangout with info for new users. Make the helipad & piers rez zones if they aren't already.

3. Outer space! No really. An Earth colony or something.

4. Adjacent to Fantasseria have an estate underwater for merfolk.

5. Old Western Town. Saloons in the public area.

6. New Orleans with bayou Shotgun houses (long narrow with a door in front and back (512sqm like campers) and 1024sqm the colorful stucco with iron terraces and gates

Edited by Holocluck Henly
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Jessica Primdashian said:

Since i am  premium + i live at the mediteranian themed houses!

Love it!

But for possible new options the old dutch theme could be nice as well!

Old amsterdam style houses... Old dutch farms, old dutch windmills!

The amsterdam canals! lots uf tullips!

The possibilitys are endless, Not just amsterdam houses.... so many different dutch styles!

Old dutch house: https://gyazo.com/0dec25e3dfb10bdc58b3fab66b59f27c (volendam?)

https://gyazo.com/1604834691682236099ec075808f5f63

https://gyazo.com/df9daa0012a8c6e5c29b68a10e93f30b

https://gyazo.com/4a348f6db545e4ad28db48f1ba161edd

Could these styles be added to the Chalet theme? We already have Windmills there.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Holocluck Henly said:

2. I've always said this: Make the SS Galaxy an apartment complex with apartments. Turn those dead shops & galleries into the equivalent of a Linden region hangout with info for new users. Make the helipad & piers rez zones if they aren't already.

What about renting out the rooms by the week, not as Linden Homes, but available to anyone? This could be a good housing option for newbies.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Millionaires homes on 4096+ lots for a new premium platinum plan.

836b217ca4554bb95be03f85f8a948f4.jpg

PPP?  A Premium Platinum Plus plan?  I think one Premium Plus plan is enough for now.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hymn Celestia said:

Mid-Century Modern on a 2048 plot; different from the Newbrookes, more like the Don-Draper-brookes, with car garages and a way to put the modern/trad onto a larger plot size.

Edit to add: opportunity for new interesting trees in the content pack; whatever that tall fluffy tree is in the pic, I want it.

midcentmod.png

This! Fully agree, proper mid-century moderns.

I'll have everyone over for Old Fashioneds when I move in.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 8

image.thumb.jpeg.5c9195144bda666e798f3af2d467d433.jpeg

I would love to see a snowy (or not) mountain theme where the homes are on tiered levels of hills so that each one has an obstructed view from the backyard.  The ones on the ground tier could have a view of a lake/pond/stream.

Edited by Thea Amethyst
  • Like 16

More styles for the Fantasy Regions.

Witch Cottages
282d18779e020921d1598e5ba5b3ed0a.jpg132c379da3de12508dcc16348cb205df.jpg
This is a real house on Zillow.
r/midjourney - Zillow listing of the Hansel and Gretel witch‘s Gingerbread house

Wizard Tower (AI generated art)
Premium Photo | Wizard Tower in fantasy city Generative AI

Hobbit house (a real house)
june-farms-cabins-hobbit-house-gallery-8-scaled.jpeg

Cave House (Derbyshire cave house identified as ninth-century home to exiled king), ideal for Dragons, Orcs and Trolls.
This Anglo-Saxon cave dwelling may have been home to an English king who  became a saint | CNN

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

PPP?  A Premium Platinum Plus plan?  I think one Premium Plus plan is enough for now.

I'm thinking of a bigger plot size. Big house, more space, more LI to decorate. So it is not unrealistic to ask more money for it IMHO.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.