Update from Patch Linden on "Spicy Content"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yeah yeah, we know you are PRO Over-Entitled Vehicle Vagrant Anti-Privacy Griefer.

We just don't care.

Criminal Trespassers get punt kicked and banned, if the neighbour is an idiot, and sets their land up wrong, that's the neighbour's problem, NOT mine. Abandoned Vehicle Vagrant litter on your land, doesn't bother ME in the slightest, just as long as it's not on MY land.

I find having a short parcel autoreturn for non-group objects works very well.  No abandoned vehicles cluttering up my land and none stuck at the boundary, either. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, discussionbot said:

What constitutes 'responsible use' of a security orb? Is there a link to the Lab's official policy regarding orb use?

The orb concept itself directly? Not strictly sure off the top of my head. That would take some digging. They would like all scripted objects fall under the same guidelines as all other merchantable goods do as a baseline regardless. Just like a weapons hud and orbiter can be misused. At the tail end of that weird 'discussion' with the other person I did link one of the records of policy for mainland. You'd have to read between the lines to find where an orb might cross a line as a tool involved with other issues in that way. Historically people took exception to redzone networked system. Off the top of my head the person behind that didn't end up in so swell a place. It or another flavour of it might still be operating on the downlow for all we know.

But generally and broadly speaking security management is expected fine. The functions are present for a reason. The only reason the orb came up was because of false accusations of opinion being leveled, and a topic of common ground.

Bellis' continent does have a covenant ruling about Orb use. And the Lab is the estate of mainland. So they set the rules there. If you have thoughts about how Orbs should be responsibly used for the proposed adult continents by all means have your say if you have some experience with them and Bellis lands.

ETA: Also forgive me about not going into depth about my personal thoughts of "what constitutes responsible use". I am not the Lab and estate. I haven't used one in a long time but I have used one in the past. I have experiences that make their use appealing and reasonable. But I am not going to advocate proliferation or champion them. I see them as a tool to solve problems. I may make use of them again some time. I may not. I don't begrudge people that do that don't bother me. Usually we're both just going about our business.

Edited by NaomiLocket
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Assumptions.
We haven't seen even one syllable of an official plan.
And of course there isn't a one solution for all.

we already know the solition… Belli sims rated adult, one parcel each for any premium or premium plus that wants one. They might even have commercial builds, so you can have your very own strip club, but I doubt there will be glory hole clubs, that would be much too depraved for Belli Adult Lite 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

If the infohub for the adult experience is A rated, nothing stopping anyone from demonstrating their Sex Anywhere HUDs there! Sounds like an opportunity! 

I’m almost certain that the last time I was at an adult hub, there was a big sign that said no nudity, so public sex will defo be  a no no.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

That's what auto-return is for.

You're trying to reason with somebody that thinks Mainland should be as hostile an experience as possible and does everything they can to fight everyone around them. It's not going to end well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Clem Marques said:

I also turn object entry off on all the parcels I own. I got tired of finding random cars parked or crashed INSIDE my roadside home. :/

I have to allow object entry on my roadside micro parcels, and everything has to be phantom so that out of control drivers can contunue careening across peoples front yards and onto their porches.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

You're trying to reason with somebody that thinks Mainland should be as hostile an experience as possible and does everything they can to fight everyone around them. It's not going to end well.

It should be called wasteland, or no mans land instead of mainland.

Instead of those boring hover vehicles, they should have mad max style cars driven by npc road trash like from mad max and the road warrior. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NaomiLocket said:

We have enough npc automated vehicles going across it already it essentially is at times mad max. I'd put that as a peeve in the peeve thread. But it won't do me any good.

I like those self driving hover vehicles. Its a lot easier than trying to drive your own vehicle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I like those self driving hover vehicles. Its a lot easier than trying to drive your own vehicle

Me too... that's why I enjoy riding the pod routes. Wish there were more of those outside of the mainland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, discussionbot said:

What constitutes 'responsible use' of a security orb? Is there a link to the Lab's official policy regarding orb use?

This has come up in so many threads, and the result is always the same.

Vehicle Vagrants claim that orbs that don't allow them to trespass with impunity are against the ToS.

Home Ownerssay "prove that"

Vehicle Vagrants claim there's an official policy forbidding orbs that work

Home Owners say "quote it"

Vehicle Vagrants reluctantly provide a link.

home Owners point out that the page does NOT forbid zero second "punt & ban the trash" orbs.

Vehicle Vagrants call home owners "paranoid little sh*ts, imbeciles with no senss of Communityism, rant about the rights of Home Owners being subordinate to the rights of "The community" which they then reveal is defined as "Nomadic Trash who don't live where they are trying to impose non-rules".

Home Owners point out that the OFFICIAL "behind closed doors" policy REQUIRES Home owners to use ban lines and orbs.

Vehicle Vagrants pout and whine,  because they lost yet another fight in a war they started.

Rinse and Repeat.

The Anti-Privacy zone that is Bellicosia, and it's Covenant of Awfulness, will contaminate A rated SL, with Bellicosia Smutty Edition.

People won't LIKE the idea that some self important self appointed Spokes bigot for the Kommunity Kommisar Kommando Korps can just goose step into their A rated home and threaten them with AR's for painting their Kinky dungeon walls the wrong colour,  or being unable to have an orb that actually works to keep noobs with 2 ft freenises from teleporting into their bedrooms uninvited.

Bellicosia - Smutty Edition will be a failure for a lot of people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fascinating, orb governance grey area looks like the gift that just keeps on giving. 

The Bellisserian AR-ing culture sounds scary, godspeed to LL's efforts if they're about to try and make it work with A land with a similar covenant. I'll be staying far away from a spicy version of suburban dystopia.

• Like 2

• Moles
2 hours ago, Clem Marques said:

I have friends who leave some of their items in my parcels, such as furniture, pets, etc. despite not being part of my land group. If I set up auto-return, wouldn't all of their stuff just get returned?

I found it easier to just turn off object entry. That way my guests and their friends who are inside my parcel can still build freely, meanwhile outsiders cant litter by tossing objects into my parcel.

I could be wrong about this, of course. But that's how I've done it so far. Is there a better way to do it?

Turning off object entry will indeed not completely stop vehicles or other objects from entering or being left on your parcel. Auto return will return anything after a set amount of time if it does not belong to the land owner or is set to the same group the land is set to. If you want to allow friends to build on your land but still prevent trash or other things being felt on your land create a group that you can invite your friends to and set your land to the same group (you do not need to go so far as to deed it). Only they will be able to leave objects that autoreturn will ignore. You could even leave build on for everyone if you wanted and still it will keep your parcel clean automatically.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Abnor Mole said:

Turning off object entry will indeed not completely stop vehicles or other objects from entering or being left on your parcel. Auto return will return anything after a set amount of time if it does not belong to the land owner or is set to the same group the land is set to. If you want to allow friends to build on your land but still prevent trash or other things being felt on your land create a group that you can invite your friends to and set your land to the same group (you do not need to go so far as to deed it). Only they will be able to leave objects that autoreturn will ignore. You could even leave build on for everyone if you wanted and still it will keep your parcel clean automatically.

I didn't know about this, very helpful. Thanks. I will try it out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stlshayne said:

If it's going to be Adult Belli, I vote they connect it to Belli, but instead of a water passage have it be a long, seedy alleyway. 

with floating wangs and phat pu**ies  

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, discussionbot said:

Fascinating, orb governance grey area looks like the gift that just keeps on giving. 

The Bellisserian AR-ing culture sounds scary, godspeed to LL's efforts if they're about to try and make it work with A land with a similar covenant. I'll be staying far away from a spicy version of suburban dystopia.

Just move to Zindra, its the best place to be 😂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Part of that was sold to AMATEUR land flipper wannabes for 9 L$/m, then my friend sat back and watched the clueless new owner try to flip it for twice that, and fail hard.

Thanks for confirming that Zindra is a cunningly disguised ponzi scheme.

Every one of those For Sale signs is dead land. If they are rentals, they are not earning rent, and in all cases they are costing tier. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, discussionbot said:

Yes, there is. In short, it is generally recommended to not be a jerk if using security orbs.

"Entity orb teleporters are the nightmare for those residents who like to travel, visit and explore. If the teleporting point is set home, then the whole trip might be lost.

The property right cannot be disputed, however a too fast teleporting from a parcel can be considered an abuse"

Linden Official Position:

• Provide adequate warning to the undesired Resident.
  • Not be excessive in the removal of the unwanted Resident
  • Scripts or no scripts, you cannot use land ownership as a way to unfairly restrict another Second Life Resident's personal freedoms.

Note from editors:

"Talking about unwanted visitors, more then 90% are residents without any bad intention and only 1% might be persons that like to make trouble. "

"If you decide to use an entity orb, please think that the time between the moment when an avatar enters your parcel and the moment that avatar will be ejected must be significant. An amount of time higher then 10 seconds will let the missfortuned traveler to run out of your land. Think aboutt the time needed to fly away from that parcel."

"Also, try to avoid teleporting avatars home. Think about sending them to a public parcel (like Protected Land: parks, waterways, a road or a parcel of Abandoned Land), close to you, so they can continue their trip."

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Land_With_Restricted_Access#Entity_orb_teleporters

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Linden official position

You can use scripted objects to enhance your land ownership tools. Generally, such scripts should:

Not be excessive in the removal of the unwanted Resident. Pushing an avatar off the property or teleporting them home is generally acceptable; intentionally applying a script to disrupt someone's Second Life connection or online status is not allowed. 

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Land_With_Restricted_Access

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

I've very rarely -- maybe once every year or so -- had unwanted visitors disturb me in my various SL homes in all the time I've been in SL, and on all but two occasions a polite but firm request that they leave was all that was needed to restore my privacy.   

When asking nicely was insufficient, I was able to teleport the trespassers home and then ban them by using the parcel tools that are readily accessible in all viewers.   

I'm not at all worried about what happens when I'm not there, and neither am I upset by -- or even aware of, most of the time -- people flying overhead, and I really don't see the point of annoying people just because it's my land so I'm allowed to.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 2

How about when someone comes on to your land, violates the TOS, you send them home and ban them, then they create an alt, come back to your land, violate the TOS on it, you send them home, they create another alt, come back to your land, violate the tos on it, you send them home and ban them.......

Oh, and you report it to linden lab and they don't do anything?

Edited by Madi Melodious

11 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I've very rarely -- maybe once every year or so -- had unwanted visitors disturb me in my various SL homes in all the time I've been in SL, and on all but two occasions a polite but firm request that they leave was all that was needed to restore my privacy.   

When asking nicely was insufficient, I was able to teleport the trespassers home and then ban them by using the parcel tools that are readily accessible in all viewers.   

I'm not at all worried about what happens when I'm not there, and neither am I upset by -- or even aware of, most of the time -- people flying overhead, and I really don't see the point of annoying people just because it's my land so I'm allowed to.

My orb is set for 15 seconds.  Plenty of time to fly over my little parcel.  If they stay, it gently places them at the region corner.  No harm done, no need to engage with them at all which I prefer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

How about when someone comes on to your land, violates the TOS, you send them home and ban them, then they create an alt, come back to your land, violate the TOS on it, you send them home, they create another alt, come back to your land, violate the tos on it, you send them home and ban them.......

How about it? Is this a "whatsboutism", or did you have a question?

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

How about it? Is this a "whatsboutism", or did you have a question?

No, this is a actual issue that we have been having.  Myself and about two dozen other sim owners.   We have this one person that comes to our land, violates the tos, we eject and ban him.   He creates an alt comes back, violates the tos again, over and over.

There have been almost 2 dozen AR filed by myself and other land owners.  Nothing has been done.  One of his alts was on land a few weeks ago.   

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

oiw.png.76a762014e84d746b72994134b00c9ab.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.