New SL-Dedicated Social Media, Blogging, and Photography Platform PrimFeed Opens! What Are Your Impressions?

I hope they will have iOS app soon. 

I like the site so far and I have no Social Media except a few WOMBO gifs on my YouTube channel so I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet, except enjoying the free version and the fun Launch party at Burrows.

I give it 2 thumbs up 👍 👍 out of 2 and there's a feature request and feedback site (same one as LL no uses)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

In the search area

Wheresthelion.thumb.png.979ff79969c98416f38945b5f8340c4e.png

How'd you make it night mode? The white background is making my eyes do rhythmic pulses mixed with the tango. Had to squint in order to block out all the void because there is just too much of it.

• Like 3

Even if I want to buy Premium, I can't. I payed for my Second life Premium+ through my card from "Cash App" and it's still pending after almost a week.

I couldn't use paypal because for some reason the bank I had linked is no longer linked and I tried to relink it but I need my cellphone but my cellphone I used is off so put in another number which is not supported even though it's an android phone

so now I have to wait until I get paid again because They're ignoring debit cards all of a sudden.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

How'd you make it night mode? The white background is making my eyes do rhythmic pulses mixed with the tango. Had to squint in order to block out all the void because there is just too much of it.

In windows 11 it is in personalization

inst.png.087274975952adc9f94ce25f34551e4c.png

If you are using Windows right click on your desktop and select personalize, 

colors.thumb.png.c98258db4e121c8cbe7744a6b28b28bf.png

Then click on colors

personalization.thumb.png.90adad4732f5ac4cd324aaabb583139f.png

Then change your mode to dark, it will make your life a million trillion times better, because it works with most websites 🥰

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

In windows 11 it is in personalization

inst.png.087274975952adc9f94ce25f34551e4c.png

If you are using Windows right click on your desktop and select personalize, 

colors.thumb.png.c98258db4e121c8cbe7744a6b28b28bf.png

Then click on colors

personalization.thumb.png.90adad4732f5ac4cd324aaabb583139f.png

Then change your mode to dark, it will make your life a million trillion times better, because it works with most websites 🥰

primfeed follows your personalization of your background and color schemes? I don't want to have to change my entire PC set up just for one site.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

primfeed follows your personalization of your background and color schemes? I don't want to have to change my entire PC set up just for one site.

Yeah, unfortunately.  I don't see an option to change the theme for the site itself.  

• Like 3

Few critisicms from me:

I'm trying it on my mobile but can't see the search function mentioned earlier in this thread, which seems like a pretty big oversight if you can't search on mobile website.

I can see store bloggers are already spamming it up but most does not appeal to me, because I can't search I can't find things that might interest me.

I don't like that it's using my username as though it were a display name. It's not. I have not called myself extrude since like 2008.

That the blog is tied to the account means it's not possible to seperate store blog from personal blog. This inevitably means that people will use it for only one or the other.

That sounds like a lot of criticism, and I suppose it is but honestly it's a promising start and it's good someone had the initiative to do something like this. Flickr has needed competition for a while.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Few critisicms from me:

I'm trying it on my mobile but can't see the search function mentioned earlier in this thread, which seems like a pretty big oversight if you can't search on mobile website.

I can see store bloggers are already spamming it up but most does not appeal to me, because I can't search I can't find things that might interest me.

I don't like that it's using my username as though it were a display name. It's not. I have not called myself extrude since like 2008.

That the blog is tied to the account means it's not possible to seperate store blog from personal blog. This inevitably means that people will use it for only one or the other.

That sounds like a lot of criticism, and I suppose it is but honestly it's a promising start and it's good someone had the initiative to do something like this. Flickr has needed competition for a while.

Understandable, though it just recently opened. I hope people give it a try and over time help it get better, with reasonable feedback and less criticism, in order to help the website grow and not hinder it.

• Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I wonder, will this also be a place for things like, Virtual Secrets?

I mean if they aren't ran by LL, then LL's rules kind of go out the window.

hehehe

Oh gawd, I hope not.  I swear, these people have twitter, they have facebook, they have news feeds, they have youtube, they have just about everything.. For a while, they even had the forums after the TOS changes..  I hope for the love that is all good, we can just have one sort of civil sort of social media site for Second Life, where we can just share pictures and focus on the platform without all of that craziness.  

I just want to look at pictures, and not go down a rabbit hole, chasing breadcrumbs, and listening to people build some linden gate scenario where moles suck on the blood of the innocent, from within the tunnels they have dug under their building.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It feels like an alpha version on launch day. But LL would probably do well to buy it out for a generous if relatively small sum and officially tie it in to profiles, replacing the older profile feeds as LL's implementation of those always seemed kind of sloppy and halfwitted at best. Maybe throw in the guy's blog site too at a glance, to better balance things out. Writing logs and picture logs both, for virtual ventures, and could properly make up for getting rid of the old interests tab which a few people seemed to complain about.

Edited by Ineffable Mote
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wonder, will this also be a place for things like, Virtual Secrets?

I mean if they aren't ran by LL, then LL's rules kind of go out the window.

hehehe

The general look is "Twitter," but overall the feel is more Flickr. I am not seeing a whole lot of text-only posts, and very little actual interaction, relatively speaking (possibly because I don't think there is a way to respond directly to someone else's comment on a post). It may of course end up with its toxic corners -- even Flickr has its dramafests -- but so far it looks safe.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Repitition
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Few critisicms from me:

Fair criticisms.

One think I've noted, which may change as the platform grows -- I'm seeing a LOT of store ads on my feed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Yeah, unfortunately.  I don't see an option to change the theme for the site itself.  

There is a request for features page! You should ask for this!

• Like 2

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The more I hear, the happier I am I'm having nothing to do with it.

Well, as I noted above, I've had the feeling from the first time I heard about this in development that it was particularly geared towards bloggers. A great deal of the impetus derived, I think, from recent changes to Flickr that made it more difficult for non-subscribing bloggers there to link to the creators about whom they were blogging.

But yes, at the moment, a LOT of stores.

On the plus side, I suppose, there are also a great many "giveaways" on offer there by those same stores, if one is into that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The overall look is "Twitter," but overall the feel is more Flickr. I am not seeing a whole lot of text-only posts, and very little actual interaction, relatively speaking (possibly because I don't think there is a way to respond directly to someone else's comment on a post). It may of course end up with its toxic corners -- even Flickr has its dramafests -- but so far it looks safe.

It was just something that crossed my mind.. I never went to that one place, but heard enough about it..

I hope people will stay respectful there.. it'll get more draw I would think..

• Like 2

So I just joined and already noticed couple of things:

• Can't change display name
  • Search doesn't work on Firefox
  • Logout option is absurd
  • It looks like twitter rip off?
  • The maturity filtering is neat.

Now for the more unpleasant part... 
While I and many others appreciate the effort that put in in making a space dedicated only for SL users, I feel the platform is very much unfinished and even more... insecure.
With a bit of networking you can see a user's full profile data, even the one that is not displayed on their profile such as registration data, whether the account is verified or not and the user's id(big security risk)
The login option with in-world code is also a neat if it was encrypted. Sadly even there I'm able to see the data being sent and the data being generated on login(session token) and if we as users are able to see it, then this poses a threat of our new accounts being easily hacked.

I hope the creators of the platform see it and address it soon.

• Thanks 7

8 minutes ago, Aiyumei said:

So I just joined and already noticed couple of things:

• Can't change display name
  • Search doesn't work on Firefox
  • Logout option is absurd
  • It looks like twitter rip off?
  • The maturity filtering is neat.

Now for the more unpleasant part... 
While I and many others appreciate the effort that put in in making a space dedicated only for SL users, I feel the platform is very much unfinished and even more... insecure.
With a bit of networking you can see a user's full profile data, even the one that is not displayed on their profile such as registration data, whether the account is verified or not and the user's id(big security risk)
The login option with in-world code is also a neat if it was encrypted. Sadly even there I'm able to see the data being sent and the data being generated on login(session token) and if we as users are able to see it, then this poses a threat of our new accounts being easily hacked.

I hope the creators of the platform see it and address it soon.

You should perhaps address these insecurities on their feature requests page? Or even post them on the site, Cath?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You should perhaps address these insecurities on their feature requests page? Or even post them on the site, Cath?

I intend to. It will be nice to finally see a good working platform dedicated to SL users. Though I have to first find from where I can reach that page you talk about. The UX is not exactly smooth despite following simple design.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aiyumei said:

I intend to. It will be nice to finally see a good working platform dedicated to SL users. Though I have to first find from where I can reach that page you talk about. The UX is not exactly smooth despite following simple design.

I think this is it.

https://feedback.primfeed.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is a good point. We all know LL's attitude towards "residence disputes."

On the other hand, this app lives and dies on its reputation, and if the word that they were screwing up on payments started spreading, not merely this one, but also the associated apps, EasyBloggers and EasySubscribers, would die pretty quickly I think.

And it DOES mean that they aren't getting your banking info.

I agree on this.  They aren't getting your banking information and if their vendor system within SL has transaction history they can build into it a database for payment and subscription longevity (which has to be there in order for them to enforce the image sizing limitations if for instance your premium expires).

The ability to build it is there, and it may very well be.  And if it has unlimited transaction history it would be easier than a credit card or debit card.  Credit cards have up to two or three months for chargebacks and debits are about two months (there are some that exceed that).  Or at least this is how the MasterCard/Visa network used to work.

• Like 1