Casper and their "fantastic" support

I want to clarify a couple things. 

I asked exactly, if the CasperVend system itself having issues, I did mention that I have deliveries issues, since that what was an obvious clue to me.
Casper mention on top, that the issues are due to "result of a merchant misconfiguration". I have had deliveries from multiple stores that same moment that wasn't arriving. As well as I did check the status page of my deliveries and it shows that item was found and recall from a dropbox, it got stuck exactly on the "Deliver Copy #1". Therefore my assumption was that the issue is on the CasperVend side.

As I already mention before, I've got kicked from a group, for violating a rule that I did not violate. That is my main issue that made me make that post, since rule clearly states that you must not "ask for help for devices not owned by the avatar you are using". I'm pretty sure if @Casper Warden read the full log that been sent to a ticket, he will not find there any mentions of items I do not own. Until it's considered that if I do not own CasperTech, I'm not allowed to ask about CasperVend delivery server status.

I think it's very important to understand that to violate that rule, I had to ask: "I have issue with delivery from a (store)", while I asked: "Is there something with CasperVend now?".

My question was about CasperVend system and not any specific merchant, therefore it doesn't breaks the rule. That makes all the difference, if you have punishments for breaking rules, I think you should stick exactly to what said in the rule. I have not asked about specific devices not owned by me. 

Language precision is vital when it comes to laws and rules. So until I'm getting a formal apology and invite to rejoin a group, I will consider that Casper is not in compliance with their own established rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I may have misunderstood - in the group, you said "I'm not getting a delivery" - were you reporting a delivery issue with your own store? 

Jules asked you, and at the time you said you weren't. This isn't a general question about the system, it's about a delivery you're not receiving. 

Either way, I will not post again on this thread - we have our rules for a reason, you will be allowed back in to the group if you accept them.

Edited by Casper Warden
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2024 at 2:15 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Then it seems as if a simple, "no, we aren't aware of a problem with our system at this time" would have been the correct response.  The person asking could then delve into what else could be wrong.

Or even, if the person reported / asked about a problem with "delivery", then "Contact the merchant for problems with deliveries".

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

All I see is someone who is a Linden bullying a resident. Get your act together; Casper.

I couldn't agree with this more. I'm very unimpressed with his response and attitude, and that reflects on the company now. Not just CasperVend.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

All I see is someone who is a Linden bullying a resident. Get your act together; Casper.

"All I see."

That's the problem, though.   All you've seen are second-hand accounts from interested parties.

Since I am not a member of the group in question, I obviously don't know the details of the exchanges that led to the OP being removed from it.    However, based on my experience of SL, I would say that, when it comes to accounts of "How I was unfairly removed from a group/banned from a club or region,"  some recollections, as the late Queen put it,  may vary, and I'm certainly aware there are generally several sides to any SL drama.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t care what had happened before this ended up on the forum, I only see what has happened since and this is not a nice interaction. I’m embarrassed for the company if they’re not setting standards for customer interactions. I thought leadership recently had a meeting about this… I see nothing had changed. 

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

I don’t care what had happened before this ended up on the forum, I only see what has happened since and this is not a nice interaction. I’m embarrassed for the company if they’re not setting standards for customer interactions. I thought leadership recently had a meeting about this… I see nothing had changed. 

I’m getting 100% same feeling too…

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

"All I see."

That's the problem, though.   All you've seen are second-hand accounts from interested parties.

Since I am not a member of the group in question, I obviously don't know the details of the exchanges that led to the OP being removed from it.    However, based on my experience of SL, I would say that, when it comes to accounts of "How I was unfairly removed from a group/banned from a club or region,"  some recollections, as the late Queen put it,  may vary, and I'm certainly aware there are generally several sides to any SL drama.

I respect this opinion and agree with it.

However, from a customer service standpoint, in reference to any employee of Linden Lab's interactions with any customers of Linden Lab, Casper's response was greatly lacking. I understand his expertise is more in Tech than customer relations. However, if he's going to interact directly with customers on the forum meant for those same customers, he should perhaps have some skill training in how to handle that and keep goodwill as much as possible. I say this as someone who currently works for a National company in the United States, and who deals directly with our Commercial customers on a daily basis. There is a way to respond, no matter who is "correct" and a way not to respond. Casper's was an example in how not to respond.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The only useful comment I can make here is... why are general consumers allowed in the group if it's for Casper vendor operators?

It should be a closed group with membership by invitation to those.

That would prevent situations like this where people who think they've joined a group where they can get support get upset when they don't (whether the reply was appropriate or not)... because why wouldn't you think that if you can join the group in the first place? (Yes, you could say they should read the rules, but in reality most don't and a lot of the time the rules are ambiguous, poorly written, etc., so it's hardly surprising they get ignored)

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

The only useful comment I can make here is... why are general consumers allowed in the group if it's for Casper vendor operators?

+1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

That would prevent situations like this where people who think they've joined a group where they can get support get upset when they don't (whether the reply was appropriate or not)... because why wouldn't you think that if you can join the group in the first place? (Yes, you could say they should read the rules, but in reality most don't and a lot of the time the rules are ambiguous, poorly written, etc., so it's hardly surprising they get ignored)

My understanding is that OP is also a merchant/vendor/operator who is/(was) using Caspervend, but asked her question due to personal end user shopping issues and not due to issues as a vendor operator. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Clarity
  • Like 3

On 6/7/2024 at 11:38 AM, Casper Warden said:

Hi everyone.

As you may be aware, CasperTech continues to operate pretty much as we always have, with the same team.

Our team is not large enough to handle general queries from anyone. We can support our customers (our merchants), and that is our focus.

99% of the time, if a store isn't delivering, it's because the merchant has removed their dropbox or they only have one dropbox and their region is down, stuff like that. We simply do not have the resources to answer endless support requests from end buyers about why their items aren't being delivered.

Of course, if you are a CasperTech merchant and you are having trouble with your stuff, we are 100% happy to help, always, and you'll find that you get support very quickly.

To respond to the specific question - "Is there something with CasperVend now? I'm not getting a delivery"

There is absolutely no way that we can answer this question. There could be any number of things wrong that only the merchant can know. 

Please, if you have an issue with a store, contact the merchant. They can come to us if they need help.

TL;DR: We have these rules in place so that we can effectively focus our support efforts on those whom we are here to serve, that is, our merchants. It's a critical part of how we have been able to remain in business (prior to the LL acquisition) for many years longer than any other system. We clearly state these rules when you join our support channel.

Usually moderators close a thread that criticizes any one business or influencer in SL for alleged bad behaviour or practices -- one of the greatest hobbles to liberal democracy in our virtual world, with grave consequences for repeat offenders.

But THIS thread needs to stay because it is a thread *about a Linden Lab owned company*  -- as we have confirmed here -- providing a near-monopolistic service of vending on the grid, which is the heart and soul of SL.

I personally am not getting the harsh response to this CUSTOMER of LINDEN LAB even if he came to the wrong window. There ought to be a support group for USERS of Casper as well as merchants.

As I know personally, bucking these issues back to merchants often doesn't work -- too many merchants are no-show, indifferent or hostile, or simply lacking in financial capacity to hire CSRs or take the time themselves inworld to sort these vexatious issues.

There is a solution which recently began to be implemented -- diversity of providers. Merchants should be encouraged not to rely on a single failure point, and consumers can make that choice known to them as well.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

If you go to McDonalds and the ice cream machine is broken, do you call the machine manufacturer and expect customer service? 

I am not paid by the boss of McDonalds to do the job of the franchise manager in a correct manner.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I am not paid by the boss of McDonalds to do the job of the franchise manager in a correct manner.

AFAIK neither is a service provider to a vendor obliged to give customer service to an end user consumer. Not knowing the terms of the service agreement I can’t say for sure, but I do know that is not usual. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 4:30 PM, Paul Hexem said:

Is there a word for intentionally misunderstanding an issue to avoid taking any responsibility for it?

They remind me of Tesla's owner - they could care less about the end customer.  Thinking some of should go in world and PM some of the shops that use that system to go with someone else.  I'm sure there's better vendor systems out there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

If you go to McDonalds and the ice cream machine is broken, do you call the machine manufacturer and expect customer service? 

There's a controversy about the ice cream machines used in MickyDs being finicky --- you could do a web search in it.  I even saw a shop in world that had a cafe part and a ice cream parlour and they had a sign on the machine prop saying "Broken machine from the Golden Arches" on it.

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

There's a controversy about the ice cream machines used in MickyDs being finicky --- you could do a web search in it.  I even saw a shop in world that had a cafe part and an ice cream parlour and they had a sign on the machine prop saying "Broken machine from the Golden Arches" on it.

Thats funny! That’s why I used it though, because to me it’s a good example of something many US people have probably encountered but most of us didn’t call up the ice cream machine manufacturer’s CSA hotline for machine owners and expect them to give us information or customer service for our ice cream cone. Though I’m sure there have been countless examples of ‘let me speak to the manager’ over it. 🤭

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Just wanted to bump this thread because of group chats today, it's really fun to see.

I left the group so don't see that, but they are totally down atm...shopping at Shop N Hop and not receiving purchases. The website's down too where we can see the progress of purchases.

• Like 2