LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

15 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

This has happened before were multiple people were banned for slight and even no real infraction. I met quite a few when I was a greeter on that other grid. 

If the Lab had been more upfront about what they really hope to attain and the reason this is necessary, it would have gone down much easier.

You do know that people lie, right? They can say they were banned for slight or even no real infraction and be lying out of their teeth. Every story has two sides and somewhere in between the two is the truth. Never take anything anyone says at face value. Just sayin'

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Unfortunatly i think its because of all the forum worthies posting  to say its a garbage thread and that I’m a troll.

There is nothing wrong with trolling if you are catching the fish.  Sid's fishing trip left his basket empty.  He needs to take trolling lessons...

troll   verb

fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.

gerund or present participle: trolling

"we trolled for mackerel"

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So what would make you happy?    A height requirement?  Bust size requirement?   Facial hair for men?  It's ok to look like you're 16 as.long as you say you're +18?

Tell me what exactly can LL say to assuage your fears?

Your World, Your Imagination 😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Funny how all my threads go hot isn’t it?

Unfortunatly i think its because of all the forum worthies posting  to say its a garbage thread and that I’m a troll.

At least one thing about you is hot so there's that.   I find a lot of your posts to be downright offensive, too and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Whether about your bees, your teeny tiny mainland parcels or your inability to know right from wrong, it's all just attention-seeking.  

In slang, a troll is a person who posts deliberately offensive or provocative messages online

If LL wasn't watching you before, I'm guessing they will be now!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

You do know that people lie, right? They can say they were banned for slight or even no real infraction and be lying out of their teeth. Every story has two sides and somewhere in between the two is the truth. Never take anything anyone says at face value. Just sayin'

Maybe but when one hears it over and over, even from people who don't lie about other things, there comes a point where one realizes there might be some uncomfortable truths to what is being said. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

In slang, a troll is a person who posts deliberately offensive or provocative messages online

Best way to troll is to call everyone you don't agree with, a troll. 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Best way to troll is to call everyone you don't agree with, a troll. 🙄

I disagree with people all the time here.  Often, I'll just roll my eyes or give them my WTF reaction.   That BJ has consistently posted about the same things over and over and over and over again, is trollish, attention-seeking behavior designed to 'stir the pot'.  If she were genuinely concerned about being reported for AP, she'd NOT engage with anyone even hinting that they would like her to be under 18.  

I'll just repost what @Cinnamon Mistwoodsaid in response to anything else either one of you says...

12 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

There sure seem to be a lot of forumites who recognize and publicly admit that they act young, dress young, look young, speak in a young manner, and like their SLex peppered with mommy and daddy pet names.

If I were them, I'd be paranoid, too.

That's a whole lot of "young" and a lot of traits for LL to consider when investigating TOS violations.

Best of luck, you guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stlshayne said:

Anyone want dibs on the next TOS thread?

I called dibs a few pages back but I already started a page whining about modesty panels.  I got 19 pages, two linden, and a mole response.   So, I think i'm good.  Passing on dibs.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I could start a topic about trolls.  But there already was a 10 page argument in the Peeve thread.  To troll is a verb about catching fish.  Us upper class educated types don't use slang, which is for the peasants.  sniff

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I disagree with people all the time here.  Often, I'll just roll my eyes or give them my WTF reaction.   That BJ has consistently posted about the same things over and over and over and over again, is trollish, attention-seeking behavior designed to 'stir the pot'.  If she were genuinely concerned about being reported for AP, she'd NOT engage with anyone even hinting that they would like her to be under 18.  

I'll just repost what @Cinnamon Mistwoodsaid in response to anything else either one of you says...

I agree with a lot of what BilliJo has been saying and feel the same that the Lab's manner of addressing this subject has sucked a lot of the fun out of SL because they haven't been straightforward about the Why and only focused on the What they want done about it. If we knew the Why, we'd have a better idea of what they are actually after.

That you don't relate to my or BJ's issue. is understandable considering what you yourself have shared about how you go about inworld and that's fine but doesn't answer the questions some of us have. Neither does Cinnamon's post in her assumptions.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
Corrected BilliJo's name. Corrected again!
  • Like 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

I agree with a lot of what Billy Joe has been saying and feel the same that the Lab's manner of addressing this subject has sucked a lot of the fun out of SL because they haven't been straightforward about the Why and only focused on the What they want done about it. If we knew the Why, we'd have a better idea of what they are actually after.

That you don't relate to my or BJ's issue. is understandable considering what you yourself have shared about how you go about inworld and that's fine but doesn't answer the questions some of us have. Neither does Cinnamon's post in her assumptions.

The why of what?  AP hasn't been allowed since 2007.    The new rules only add the stipulation that it's now against the ToS to try to entice a child avatar in AP.  There was nothing about that before in the AP rules.  The onus was always on the child avatar.  So, in essence, you've actually been given more power if someone were to approach you in an inappropriate manner regardless of how your avatar looks.   You've both shown pictures of your avatar.  They both look adult.  Not sure what else LL can do to calm your fears.   They also address the Daddy issue because people asked for clarification.  They didn't add that in the FAQ out of the blue. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stlshayne said:

Anyone want dibs on the next TOS thread?

"Will wearing a diaper get me banned"

"Will having a hello kitty poster in my room while having slex get me banned"

"Will x get me banned"

And so on and so on and so on.

All of which will be on the basis that not every single possible thing is listed on the TOS, of which some will at the same time complain that the TOS is already too long.  We could have a TOS that was a thousand pages long, and there will still be people making threads about it.

image.gif.e890a31b2359a3c96f9b5be29dc5523e.gif

• Like 4

What assumptions did I post. I posted an observation, not a judgement. 

All of us are responsible for our choices inworld and our posts admitting to our SLex lives inworld and the dangers each of us consciously take when then brag about our exploits in the forums.

I made no assumption. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

All of which will be on the basis that not every single possible thing is listed on the TOS, of which some will at the same time complain that the TOS is already too long.  We could have a TOS that was a thousand pages long, and there will still be people making threads about it.

The FaQ on it is a nice addition that gives a little more detail on this particular subject for those affected. They should do more of that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe but when one hears it over and over, even from people who don't lie about other things, there comes a point where one realizes there might be some uncomfortable truths to what is being said. 

No, my reaction is the same one I used to have when one of my kids would keep repeating the same "Why? ... why? ... why? ... WHY? ... why? ... WHY? ??? "  over and over and over again. When I hear the same silly questions or hear the same oddball factoids too many times, I pass the point of rolling my eyes and get to a place where all I can think of is "SHUT UP!"  Fortunately, most of the time my sanity gene kicks in at that point so I tune out and find something else to do.

FWIW, Arielle, I don't often react to your posts that way.  (Well, maybe sometimes, but really not often.  😉 )

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The FaQ on it is a nice addition that gives a little more detail on this particular subject for those affected. They should do more of that.

They should just make a flow chart.

Are you representing as a being that is considered underage.

Yes:

Do not engage in adult activities.

No:

You are fine.

Masterpiece.thumb.jpg.696277f45fa88396fc472e4d99993b6c.jpg

I made one for LL, I hope they compensate me for my 133t paint skills.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

@Rowan Amore I believe this is my first thread about LL using AI to monitor IMs in real time for key words that they can then flag for LL’s further attention.

Perhaps because I related it to a specific time and place involving myself that you find it offensive to make a thread about, but the topic is far more wide ranging than just me. 

Maybe you are fine with LL monitoring your every word, but some of us find THAT to be offensive.

I’m sure you are pure as the driven snow  but others of us, even though we don’t deliberately  try to break the rules, fear crossing a line that was never properly defined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The why of what?  AP hasn't been allowed since 2007.    The new rules only add the stipulation that it's now against the ToS to try to entice a child avatar in AP.  There was nothing about that before in the AP rules.  The onus was always on the child avatar.  So, in essence, you've actually been given more power if someone were to approach you in an inappropriate manner regardless of how your avatar looks.   You've both shown pictures of your avatar.  They both look adult.  Not sure what else LL can do to calm your fears.   They also address the Daddy issue because people asked for clarification.  They didn't add that in the FAQ out of the blue. 

You're the only one who has pointed that out. Not a Linden, not a Mod, no other forumite. So kudos to you, even after all the threads and posts on the topic, you're the first to actually summarize the change aside from the Modesty panel. Doesn't negate some of the issues but I realize now they have been long standing ones never resolved and not just new.

Prob is that the Lindens have been implying enhanced action on those who might appear under 18. That to my mind is why some would like more clarification on some of these other problems that were seemingly ignored by the Lab in past.

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

They should just make a flow chart.

Are you representing as a being that is considered underage.

Yes:

Do not engage in adult activities.

No:

You are fine.

Masterpiece.thumb.jpg.696277f45fa88396fc472e4d99993b6c.jpg

I made one for LL, I hope they compensate me for my 133t paint skills.

Can you simplify it? I dun read to gud.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

@Rowan Amore I believe this is my first thread about LL using AI to monitor IMs in real time for key words that they can then flag for LL’s further attention.

Perhaps because I related it to a specific time and place involving myself that you find it offensive to make a thread about, but the topic is far more wide ranging than just me. 

Maybe you are fine with LL monitoring your every word, but some of us find THAT to be offensive.

I’m sure you are pure as the driven snow  but others of us, even though we don’t deliberately  try to break the rules, fear crossing a line that was never properly defined.

I was involved in the SLex part of SL up until the last 3 years.  I have absolutely no fear of LL finding anything in my IMs over 15 years that would warrant a ban or even a warning.  Nothing.  At.  All.   

Now, if they decide to monitor IMs for keywords, so be it.  They certainly aren't going to monitor every single person.  If a keyword pops up, they may THEN monitor for awhile to see what's up.   Do I have a problem with that?  In spirit, sure but it's their zoo.   They can do whatever they want.  You're free to leave.  It's how it's always been.  

• Like 3