Preventing TP to G-rated regions

Posted (edited)

I have been through preferences and the map, but I can't find a way to prevent a TP to G lands.

You can choose G, G&M, and G&M&A.  What I was hoping to find is having the ability to choose M and A only.

Is that possible in any viewer? If not, is there a script I can get that will either prevent a TP to G land or at least warn a person that where they are trying to go is G-rated and ask if they're sure they want to go?

I would love a window to pop-up asking me (or whoever) if I'm dressed appropriately or a warning that a change of clothes might be needed.

I'd prefer an option in the viewer, but some kind of script that can be worn will do.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
Spelling
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya really.. It should be  that way.. I wonder why it's only one way street?

Probably followed the normal RL model, where "Adults" are allowed in all venues, and "Adults" are expected to know how to dress, act, etc.  

Like for Movies, adults are allowed in "G-rated" movies.

A RL example that does NOT fit the "one-way" model is "Kiddie rides" at carnivals, etc.  Adults can't get on certain rides if they are too tall.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Probably followed the normal RL model, where "Adults" are allowed in all venues, and "Adults" are expected to know how to dress, act, etc.  

Like for Movies, adults are allowed in "G-rated" movies.

A RL example that does NOT fit the "one-way" model is "Kiddie rides" at carnivals, etc.  Adults can't get on certain rides if they are too tall.

Ya, that makes sense I guess..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ardy Lay said:

I don't know.  Sounds like a good feature request to me.

I agree. Since most people will assume the "one-way" street (like in the MP), a "new feature" would be needed like "warn on rating=XX" and/or "lowest rating=XX".

• Like 1

There are or should be adult responsibilities to dress appropriately for the land you're in. I went to hair fair today. All the regions are G, but I saw  irresponsible clothing choices for the rating. Including someone I myself TP'd in before I noticed the rating and TP'd right back out as fast as I could letting the person know to get out, too.  I'd like to prevent the oops.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

There are or should be adult responsibilities to dress appropriately for the land you're in. I went to hair fair today. All the regions are G, but I saw  irresponsible clothing choices for the rating. Including someone I myself TP'd in before I noticed the rating and TP'd right back out as fast as I could letting the person know to get out, too.  I'd like to prevent the oops.

I can see a lot of things not rezzing for others at a fair like that. But ya, many times it's just showing up thinking a place is moderate or adult, just from being used to always going to those rated sims..

I think it's a really good request and you should make a real request for it, where ever they do that sort of thing now.. I forget what it's called now.

• Like 2

It is possible to inspect landmarks and the World Map to see what a region rating is before teleporting to that region, but neither is what I would call "fun."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I agree. Since most people will assume the "one-way" street (like in the MP), a "new feature" would be needed like "warn on rating=XX" and/or "lowest rating=XX".

It would be nice if just like you say, it would work like the MP.. whatever you choose for your viewer preference is what you get.. The search works that way with the check boxes..

Just make it where we check the boxes we want..

I wish the MP would have single options for each as well.. But you can't get moderate on it's own without getting adult or general stuck to it..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

It is possible to inspect landmarks and the World Map to see what a region rating is before teleporting to that region, but neither is what I would call "fun."

Ya, I do this before I go anywhere anyways.. Not really for the sim rating, but to see where someone is wanting to tp me to.. I used to end up in some really crazy places before I started  getting leery on tp offers.. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

irresponsible clothing choices for the rating

Is there some way to measure this...like you can't TP to a G sim in a bikini or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Yes, I noticed some irresponsible choices at the Hair Fair today.  Peeved about it earlier.  I can sort of understand people.who.wear BoM undies to events that have clothing so trying things on doesn't leave you exposed but not hair.  A simple hairbase instead of hair when going to the hair fair is what I do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Is there some way to measure this...like you can't TP to a G sim in a bikini or something?

Not really a way to measure, but nudity is not allowed.  The spirit of the rules in G land is to wear something that would not offend the stereotypical sweet grandma. The were nip slips and full nipples everywhere and underwear that did not cover the genitals.  The person I TPd in had an unfortunately gross, drippy adult layer on, but no actual nudity. I still decided Granny didn't need to see that either and we both left. I'll go back and shop alone. 

(I am not talking about a Grandma with tattoos that cusses like a sailor, and downs shots with a biker gang and I don't think that's the Granny LL had in mind when they came up with the rules.)

Bikinis are just fine if genitals are covered. 

I still think there should be a way of blocking TPs to G lands just like there is for blocking A ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me personally this and much of the other rules just falls under the ‘be smart’ direction that Oberwolf mentioned. As an adult driving an adult avatar,  If don’t have what I call  ‘OP triangle bikini coverage’ on, I’m naturally going to be careful where I TP to, but that’s just the way my own situational awareness sensibilities work, that’s my comfort level. With a million things to test, discover and explore in SL, I feel no need to get bogged down in all of the minutia of these new rules. Having driven child avatars for 2 different RP, the same thing worked for me there, to be smart about where I went, who I was around and what I used or even attached. Getting into character as well as I could for the purpose of RP meant excluding anything that my character wouldn’t be using as an 8 yo girl. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

General sims only require that your private parts be covered so technically a thong or g-string and the skimpest of bras that only coveres the bare minimum would be following the rules if not the spirit which is often described as what you would do in front of your grandma or a grade school class. 

The rules really should be updated to fit the spirit with some sort of modest dress code for General sims. 

@Madi Melodious I'm sure if Madi can make a panic button for kids then the opposite could be made for adults who don't want to enter G regions. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a good suggestion. There are some people who use very Adult-rated avatars who essentially "live" in that avatar and therefore could accidentally breach the ToS if they are not mindful when TP'ing to a location that turns out to  be General Rated. They might prefer just to not be able to do that via a setting. It strikes me as a relatively simple coding solution too at LL's end.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

The rules really should be updated to fit the spirit with some sort of modest dress code for General sims.

Yes, we need more rules, LL will be happy to oblige, send in a request.. more rules please 😂

You can always ask the person sending the TP offer what the rating is, orrrrrr check the sim name on the world map.

"Accidentally" tping to a G sim only occurs if you subjected to (rlv) forced tp  and your owner doesn't think to ask before you are forced if u are dressed properly or not.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Okay, my first feature request.  Feel free to comment or boost it.

https://feedback.secondlife.com/feature-requests/p/the-ability-to-prevent-tp-to-g-rated-regions

Sound to me like a solution for something that should not be a problem in the first place.

People who have enough common sense will dress up for the occasion automatically.
People who don't really care how they walk around, will not really care. That is not only a SL problem.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Small text improvements.
  • Like 6