Community Roundtable May 20, 2024

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)

I'm listening to the lindens explain to this whacky community that at the end of the day, the only way forward for SL is to comply with societal expectations/morality re child avis for the good of the company, and the community itself. Glad they're not budging on that point.

They spent about 10 minutes so far on the changes to the TOS. What stood out for everyone else?

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Why does he not understand that people would like specific answer when people's accounts are at risk if it is in a gray area!

Sounds like he's saying be smart and don't break the TOS. The lindens keep bringing up Paypal and Apple as external pressures that are part of the decision to have changed it. At some point, reality has to be taken into an account if SL is going to carry on. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

And, same old same old...

"But... But... I can't take my tiny toxic terror tot avatar to concerts on A rated regions, this is soooooo unfair!"

They should just BAN child avatars.

The 17 yr old festering wound has tuned gangrenous and it's time to amputate to save the patient.

EDIT: And the self appointed leader of the Tiny Toxic Terror Tot movement just demanded all adult content should be removed, for the good of the Tiny Toxic Terror Tots.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And, same old same oold "But... But... I can't take my tiny toxic terror tot avatar to concerts on A rated regions, this is soooooo unfair!"

Was rolling my eyes at that too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"But... But... I can't take my tiny toxic terror tot avatar to concerts on A rated regions, this is soooooo unfair!"

The 17 yr old festering wound has tuned gangrenous and it's time to amputate to sae the patient.

I agree with the first part about the unnecessary whining. i mean seriously would you take your RL baby to a concert??? NO! so why get all bent out of shape about the same thing in SL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The 17 yr old festering wound has tuned gangrenous and it's time to amputate to sae the patient.

Nah, lets ban and remove all goth clothing and change them to pink and pastels so SL looks less depressing. It would improve the mood of many!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Nah, lets ban and remove all goth clothing and change them to pink and pastels so SL looks less depressing. It would improve the mood of many!

Pink and teal or I riot.

Besides, pastel goth is a thing. Not MY thing, but it's a thing. I could make it work if I had to. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Pink and teal or I riot.

Besides, pastel goth is a thing. Not MY thing, but it's a thing. I could make it work if I had to. 😄

I see, could be interesting for a change:

kjeqgatg29juex1zqaexaw55pk9w

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I listened to the whole thing. After some stalling, Oberwulf fessed up to the obvious.... the TOS changes are in response to real world requirements, in particular, Apple policies. Overall, this was a very good meeting. The overall message (this is a quote), "We are on your side".

A lot of the uncertainty about "the rules" is that they want wiggle room.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Why does he not understand that people would like specific answer when people's accounts are at risk if it is in a gray area!

Specify and have Governance do actual warnings instead of outright bans!

What I heard was that you don't need to worry at all as long as you are not presenting as a child in SL.

3 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

What I heard was that you don't need to worry at all as long as you are not presenting as a child in SL.

50%+/- of female avatars are potential edge cases so good luck with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Specify and have Governance do actual warnings instead of outright bans!

29 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

"smartness" is a gradient from an iq of 50 to one of 150. So what level should it be?

What part of "we are never going to tell you specifics" are you not getting?  This level of paranoia with you has got to stop.  If you think you are an 'edge" case then adult up your avatar enough so you are not.

They are not going to get into specifics because 1. Changes can happen. 2. Things they never thought of could happen. 3. That's the way the world works.

The level of smartness equals common sense. It's starts at 1.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.