Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wouldn't an "adult baby" still be a "child-style" / childish avatar, like the woman with the diaper fetish?

Depends.

Oh god. What did I just say.

Anyway, from the Yakuza game series...

Would these guys get banned? I dunno.

https://i.gyazo.com/e4795cde8dd73a412e9c217f05e0d896.jpg

I placed it as a link instead of an embed. You're welcome, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

just to be clear i am not judging any of the answers just curious as to the reason for that specific response, the adult responses can even be along similar lines if you consider the cuffs and bridle, in the new upload i included the nanny bot which i purposly moved out of the way since it, could also bias the apperance being a cute item that follows me around.

Posted (edited)

"Not just babies wear diapers, old people have to wear diapers too, and what if you're RP'ing a hospital patient that has uncontrolled bowel movements and have to wear a diaper - how will LL judge that? I'm scared"

"I don't think it would be fair to get banned just because my avatar was in diapers"

- SL Forum Logic

Edited by Codex Alpha

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks for your feedback on my pics. 

@Blush Bravin, I totally agree with you on both where you left the "can't tell" response.

The "young-looking" primmy lion has a "young-style" mane and oversized eyes. (He has "adult mane" options too.  He is one of my favorites, he's kind of adorable despite being "primmy".

The Luskwood "Standard" lion is ambiguous, as I think most old Luskwood avatars were originally intended to be.

I'll add more later, didn't want my "most common" to be lost if I post too many others that are rarely used.

For a male lion to have a full mane I think he would have to be an adult. If he's a minor (cub), he would look like young Simba.

Disney lion cub

YoungSimbaSmilestlk.png

A RL immature male lion

bda1f7cafe2f9084b4d97315eb3e5789.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

"Not just babies wear diapers, old people have to wear diapers too, and what if you're RP'ing a hospital patient that has uncontrolled bowel movements and have to wear a diaper - how will LL judge that? I'm scared"

"I don't think it would be fair to get banned just because my avatar was in diapers"

That's a good point.  I suspect that Governance would be able to handle that edge case fairly easily if anyone bothered to AR it, though, since there would probably be other situational cues that would make it clear that a diaper is normal in the RP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Depends.

Well those all look like adult males.  

I think if LL had to decide, some of those other aspects might come into play such as size and shape of the avatar as well as facial features more so than if they weren't wearing a diaper.  My avatar wearing a diaper, since she looks adult, might get a pass as an adult kink.  Someone with a smaller petite avatar with braces and a teddy bear?  They might not see as an adult kink.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

For a male lion to have a full mane I think he would have to be an adult. If he's a minor (cub), he would look like young Simba.

Disney lion cub

YoungSimbaSmilestlk.png

A RL immature male lion

bda1f7cafe2f9084b4d97315eb3e5789.jpg

Yep! The Lion I posted was wearing the "smaller" mane.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Depends.

That could be a good loophole for those who want to *****, they just put diapers on adult looking avatars and everything is fine.. Never mind the child's room or play room in the background. They're not adults, so can be in adult areas.

LOL  when forum censor words... the **** makes it look like we used WORSE words.

Edited by Codex Alpha

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's a good point.  I suspect that Governance would be able to handle that edge case fairly easily if anyone bothered to AR it, though, since there would probably be other situational cues that would make it clear that a diaper is normal in the RP.

I think at this point it is just guessing. There is nothing to project the level of confidence on regarding governance decisions. 

@Codex Alpha don't you dare laugh at my ignorance. xD I truly did not recognize that as a diaper. 

The things my eyes have been opened to since I started SL. When a was a naïve noobie resident still hanging out at busy info hubs in my system avatar wondering why I couldn't get my system hair to look like what everyone else had, there was a tiny fur in a diaper (a recognizable white one with pins) who would always sit with me and ask for a cuddle. "Well, why not.  Sure, hop on!" and we'd sit and laugh at the ridiculous happenings and trolls.  Guys in bunny slippers smoking cigars, tall humans, aliens, dogs, all that colorful language in voice and chat.  It was crazy.  I thought that was what SL was.  Info hubs where people chat and laugh.

He didn't speak or act like a child and I ignored the diaper. We had fun laughing at all the antics that happened at those places back then. That was it.  It wasn't until years later that I realized it was a thing. 

I still learn new things about people and the things they like every day.

I know LL will have to make some tough decisions regarding how to enforce their new rules. I hope they do it with the least collateral damage to those who like stuff different from me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Well those all look like adult males.  

I think if LL had to decide, some of those other aspects might come into play such as size and shape of the avatar as well as facial features more so than if they weren't wearing a diaper.  My avatar wearing a diaper, since she looks adult, might get a pass as an adult kink.  Someone with a smaller petite avatar with braces and a teddy bear?  They might not see as an adult kink.  

Rowan I'm cackling. Surely you knew I was joking around. 😂 Though to think of someone at LL having to really think seriously about some of this very niche stuff is somewhat amusing to me.

Not to say diaper fetishes are entirely rare or anything, but I've seen it in SL exactly that one time that girl posted her photo in that other thread. I'm more familiar with the RL scene, and of course I'm of the mind that as long as consenting adults are involved, have at it. In SL - well, I'm just glad I don't have to investigate the reports and work it out. 🤣

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Rowan I'm cackling. Surely you knew I was joking around. 😂 Though to think of someone at LL having to really think seriously about some of this very niche stuff is somewhat amusing to me.

Not to say diaper fetishes are entirely rare or anything, but I've seen it in SL exactly that one time that girl posted her photo in that other thread. I'm more familiar with the RL scene, and of course I'm of the mind that as long as consenting adults are involved, have at it. In SL - well, I'm just glad I don't have to investigate the reports and work it out. 🤣

Yeah, I knew you were kidding.  Until the diaper thing was brought up by a couple people recently, I hadn't seen it in SL either although I knew about it in RL.  Over the years, I've learned a few new kinks I'd never heard of so SL has been an interesting learning experience.  Vore...who knew!?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I think at this point it is just guessing. There is nothing to project the level of confidence on regarding governance decisions. 

I agree.  You and I guess differently much of the time, and I respect that. I imagine it comes down to our differing past experiences in SL and, perhaps, to a difference in our general level of optimism. All I can do is express my own opinion, which is that most people are going to have a lot less to worry about than they are imagining right now.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yeah, I knew you were kidding.  Until the diaper thing was brought up by a couple people recently, I hadn't seen it in SL either although I knew about it in RL.  Over the years, I've learned a few new kinks I'd never heard of so SL has been an interesting learning experience.  Vore...who knew!?

Maybe it's because I stopped going to adult hangout sims a long time ago, but I feel like the older SL era was a LOT more...adventurous. I'm sure some of the more wild...interests...still exist. I just feel they're a bit more hidden than they used to be. And yeah...vore. Ugh. No thanks on that one!!!!!!!!!

Even then, I can't really recall ever meeting anyone with a diaper fetish here, and it's not really the most talked about thing, lol. When I saw it in Yakuza ages ago, I couldn't help but giggle. Yakuza games take all kinds of risks, though. Seeing the convo here reminded me of those scenes and I had to post one of them. Couldn't help it! 🤣 

And no, I seriously doubt if anyone's running around as an obvious adult like that, they'd be a target. At least I hope not. Just let people live, lol.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's a kink either way.

If the avatar looks like an adult in a diaper, that's ok because it's just a diaper fetish.

If the avatar looks like an adult pretending to be a child in a diaper, this might not be ok because the fetish is ag*play. (sexual?)

If the avatar looks like a child in a diaper, not doing anything sexual, this is ok.

If the avatar looks like a child in a diaper, doing something sexual, this is definitely not ok.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

Child or not a child?   I'm not even sure where to apply the modesty panels if we decide its child av.

image.thumb.jpeg.c9fe634316f8f40990785c7d5bc14e5c.jpeg

I don't have a shoe big enough!

Sorry, I can't handle that avatar. Think I'd have to eject you if you showed up in my home. RL .. it's a shoe you'd be greeted with.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:
1 hour ago, Codex Alpha said:

I see your laugh, so I'm assuming now that you meant your post as a joke of some kind. The end case you described, though, is very real in RL, which means that it can be a possible part of a SL role play.

I am about to travel across the country next week to visit a dear friend who is in advanced dementia and has lost bladder control. This is not a laughing matter for her or her husband. I'm glad they have professional support. We have had several nursing ed communities in SL during the time I've been here, and I know that dementia has been part of their RP curriculum. I'm glad that they have that opportunity to practice here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I agree.  You and I guess differently much of the time, and I respect that. I imagine it comes down to our differing past experiences in SL and, perhaps, to a difference in our general level of optimism. All I can do is express my own opinion, which is that most people are going to have a lot less to worry about than they are imagining right now.  Time will tell.

Considering the lack of feedback from Governance, we'd have to rely on second and third hand news. I seem to be a little more willing to give that some validity :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

People with diaper fetishes have been ARed before, and I'm sure again... I have a feeling the governance team is well aware of a lot of fetishes.

23 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Maybe it's because I stopped going to adult hangout sims a long time ago, but I feel like the older SL era was a LOT more...adventurous. I'm sure some of the more wild...interests...still exist. I just feel they're a bit more hidden than they used to be. And yeah...vore. Ugh. No thanks on that one!!!!!!!!!

Even then, I can't really recall ever meeting anyone with a diaper fetish here, and it's not really the most talked about thing, lol. When I saw it in Yakuza ages ago, I couldn't help but giggle. Yakuza games take all kinds of risks, though. Seeing the convo here reminded me of those scenes and I had to post one of them. Couldn't help it! 🤣 

And no, I seriously doubt if anyone's running around as an obvious adult like that, they'd be a target. At least I hope not. Just let people live, lol.

Usually those of us that enjoy things with diapers don't go around sticking them in peoples faces, as most people do not understand.  People are usually ignorant of the topic at all, think badly, and AR or harass quickly, not understanding anything to do with diapers at all.  Adult diapers are much more common than you may think... and a multi-billion dollar industry rivaling baby diapers.

There are many diaper and diaper related products and brands in SL.  This is all well known by LL.  I think there used to be a lot more on SL, but there are still many around, its just something you'd likely never see unless you were looking for it.

ABDL stuff is about adults... I wouldn't want to have a child avatar in any kinky play like that... not because of any rules, but because its disgusting.  Its about adults with diapers and cute/kawaii stuff and it gets into Dom/sub BDSM type things.  Not going to involve the look of a child and ruin any actual sexual attraction with adults.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't have a shoe big enough!

Sorry, I can't handle that avatar. Think I'd have to eject you if you showed up in my home. RL .. it's a shoe you'd be greeted with.

I showed up at the WelcomeHub and when I strolled by some of the comments in local where comedy gold as well as being against forum rules to repeat here  😇

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Considering the lack of feedback from Governance, we'd have to rely on second and third hand news. I seem to be a little more willing to give that some validity :)

Heh.  Considering the unreliability of second- and third-hand news, I seem to be a little more willing to give Governance the benefit of the doubt. As I said, disbelief runs in opposite directions for the two of us. We'll just have to watch and see how things unfold.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh.  Considering the unreliability of second- and third-hand news, I seem to be a little more willing to give Governance the benefit of the doubt. As I said, disbelief runs in opposite directions for the two of us. We'll just have to watch and see how things unfold.

I have very mixed feelings about Governance. In general, I probably have less faith in them than you do, but I tend to think that their problem is less that they are overzealous (as I think some here fear they will be) than badly understaffed. My complaints about them have tended to be regarding their failure to act upon obvious violations of the ToS, rather than about them possibly being a little trigger-happy.

That said, a major and repeating griefing problem I had last year -- the cause of many of my complaints -- seems to have been resolved as there has not been a repetition in some time.

I DO think they are going to be a bit more vigorous and proactive on the a*eplay front for a bit, as they try to establish the new rules. But I think they'll only be coming down hard on very obvious violations, as they work to clean up the grid in the wake of recent allegations. I think they'll be much gentler with edge-cases, with a focus upon what we've been here calling "education."

Mostly, however, none of this will be visible to most of us. Including, I suspect, to most of those in the child avatar community.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

ABDL stuff is about adults...

Oh, I know exactly what it is. I'm no stranger to various RL fetish scenes and used to be more involved in SL's ages ago. We won't talk about the stuff I used to build. 👀 My point was I haven't met anyone into it here in SL. I have known and do know others involved in other scenes, though. 

The ARs are unfortunate. As I said, I'm very much a let people live sort of person, so that's absolutely the last thing I'd be doing (in fact, I don't think I've ever filed one in my entire 18+ years here and have no intention of starting now).

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I see your laugh, so I'm assuming now that you meant your post as a joke of some kind. The end case you described, though, is very real in RL, which means that it can be a possible part of a SL role play.

I am about to travel across the country next week to visit a dear friend who is in advanced dementia and has lost bladder control. This is not a laughing matter for her or her husband. I'm glad they have professional support. We have had several nursing ed communities in SL during the time I've been here, and I know that dementia has been part of their RP curriculum. I'm glad that they have that opportunity to practice here. 

Well, that's how you 'interpret' it I guess. The general consensus is everyone 'interprets' everything differently. There are some writing devices that clearly went over your head. The statements are in quotes - which means they are not my thoughts. They are a sarcastic summary of some of what is said so far in this topic, as people seemingly grasp for clarity on actions and behaviours that should really not be that confusing..

20 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You already had the best response to all of this and the topic should be closed now.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1