Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

16 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I would disagree. There were only one or two clear "child" avatars, but several avatars that could read as either teenager under the age of majority OR teenager over the age of majority. 

I think several look 30+ and I wonder why they even asked lol...

10 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

But um Child avatars are not minors by any means. They are adults behind that avatar. So it should be worded as the sexualized depiction of Child avatars. That wording is terrible. It treats child avatars like actual children. I mean it is creepy and weird that people get off on this. But the wording is totally off. 

Its talking about an avatar that depicts a minor... as in a child.  You don't depict an avatar, you depict something that exists with your avatar.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Again as creepy and as weird as I find it. I don't think it equates to that. As you can't hurt a cartoon character, you can't traumatize it. I am sorry but I disagree with this, and this basically waters down and craps on victims who actually went through all this. 

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

By saying this, do you mean you completely disagree with the ban on AP in SL because we're all adults?   Genuinely confused as hell by your remarks because.that what it's sounding like.

Sorry forgot to quote .. this discussion is what I think is probably off topic.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

For me it was the head. I put confused though so if I were in charge of bouncing from an adult venue I'd have to know more.

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I thought it more the face that made me choose the way I did. It is a pretty look but the face really me question it.

Hmm... I do have quite a pouty expression and large eyes, though they're supposed to be leaning towards anime style contacts rather than 'childlike wonder'.

I wonder... what about in very adult setting: https://iili.io/JGJwIcB.png

Edited by Kristy Aurelia
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

What i saw in that thread, is people mostly just "showing off" thier avatars, only few are related to the the topic!

Maybe there's a bit of that, but I think most people were posting as I was, trying to see what characteristics people might zoom in on as they decide whether an av is an adult or a minor.  The few who posted as children are no real challenge, but as we saw in the previous thread, there's a lot of uncertainty in people's minds when avs might be in the 13 - 20 range, almost always if they are women.

The two photos I posted of my av illustrate a slim woman with small breasts and a hard-to-assess height and virtually no clothing, so I was guessing that people would have to focus on my head. I chose a longer hair style for one photo and a bob cut for the other. Other than that change, there was no difference in the head of either one. All but one or two (not counting the troll) marked me as an adult.  I am not sure why they did that, but that's my own opinion too, so I'm happy.  I think what the exercise tells me is that most of us seem to default to Adult when we aren't sure. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Lexxi Gynoid said:

Dude, did you read the thread? It's anyone under 18 gets a Like. Not "Everyone under 3 gets a Like" or even "anyone under 12 gets a Like". I "reacted" based on that.

Your laughing and comments show that you are fixated on people who look 12 or younger. Which wasn't what that thread was about. At least based on that Like/Thanks/Confused emoji options given. 

Well that was nice of you. Nice accusation.

I am laughing and will continue to laugh at those who seem to have to ask what a child avatar looks like. I've also read the TOS and Child Policy, and it clearly states the criteria - and it's not so hard.

17 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I can't make a decision on an avatar presenting as a robot. That could be 1 day old or 1000 years old.

I looked at the date on the serial number.

RGE5430395-Y4395-2023-5-4

DEFINITELY under age

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

What i saw in that thread, is people mostly just "showing off" thier avatars, only few are related to the the topic!

No, they're actually serious and posting their maturely developed avatars worried that they look like children.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brodiac90 said:

It's reasurring that of 24 reactons so far, 22 have hit like. I'm not counting the laughing emojis since not everyone will take the thread (or my picture) seriously but at least no one has been stupid enough to hit thanks or unsure. 

I got the impression that the thread was primarily for others to gauge if their avatar would be carded at a liquor store. It was quite obvious that you are clearly a child avatar that I thought you were making a somewhat jokey post. I almost posted this picture in a similar vein:

53358878251_bee17108ec_c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eddy Vortex said:

I got the impression that the thread was primarily for others to gauge if their avatar would be carded at a liquor store. It was quite obvious that you are clearly a child avatar that I thought you were making a somewhat jokey post. I almost posted this picture in a similar vein:

Clearly children. And one of them is clearly possessed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

carded at a liquor store in the US is beyond the range we discuss here.  You have to be 21.. but they card if they think you may be anywhere under 30, or more sometimes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Well that was nice of you. Nice accusation.

I am laughing and will continue to laugh at those who seem to have to ask what a child avatar looks like. I've also read the TOS and Child Policy, and it clearly states the criteria - and it's not so hard.

So, I posted a pic of an avatar I designed to look like a teen -- but most people think she looks 18+

You very helpfully responded with a "laugh." Cuz, that's kind of who you are, I guess.

Do you not get that if *I* thought my avatar looked like a teen, but in the judgement of most others she doesn't, there might be an actual issue here?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Maybe there's a bit of that, but I think most people were posting as I was, trying to see what characteristics people might zoom in on as they decide whether an av is an adult or a minor.  The few who posted as children are no real challenge, but as we saw in the previous thread, there's a lot of uncertainty in people's minds when avs might be in the 13 - 20 range, almost always if they are women.

The two photos I posted of my av illustrate a slim woman with small breasts and a hard-to-assess height and virtually no clothing, so I was guessing that people would have to focus on my head. I chose a longer hair style for one photo and a bob cut for the other. Other than that change, there was no difference in the head of either one. All but one or two (not counting the troll) marked me as an adult.  I am not sure why they did that, but that's my own opinion too, so I'm happy.  I think what the exercise tells me is that most of us seem to default to Adult when we aren't sure. 

Believe it or not - your hair is what made me say in one of your pics, definitely a woman! (The longer, fuller hair pic.) This goes back to the post I wrote replying to Blush. I'll reply back to that post and finally explain my thoughts on her pic (in case you missed that post).

• Like 1

As I appear to be the only one to click on Thanks, I figured I'd say something in this thread for the below image. I went with Thanks, 18+, because of the laugh lines ... and basically because of the laugh lines. The tattoo pushed things in the 18+ direction, but under 18 year old's can have a tattoo.  

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

If you think the avatar looks like: a child (17 or younger) then react with a like, for an adult (18 and over) use thanks, and use confused if you can't tell based on physical appearance alone.

Logo Mabel

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Do you not get that if *I* thought my avatar looked like a teen, but in the judgement of most others she doesn't, there might be an actual issue here?

At least according to the "masses", you were "wrong" in a direction that means "you should be OK presenting that way"! 🙂

Makes me wonder still, did most people respond the way they did to that pic, because they are familiar with how you look (as I did), or were some of their responses more "pure" and unaffected by prejudgments..?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

child-avatars-its-not-rocket-science.jpg.4b35665286e8f9ebbd964a7a23890b2d.jpg

Search CHILD AVATARS ON THE SECOND LIFE MARKETPLACE If anyone needs help deciding what the new policies actually want to target.

It's not rocket science.

But if your avatar looks anything other than full adult, put your modesty layers on, and stay out of Adult areas.

Judging from the rockin' flexi skirts, I'd imagine these young ladies are in the "hot flashes and Botox" part of life by now.

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Not children. Minors.

Cite your source and how you are arriving to your opinions on anything. If you haven't read anything you shouldn't even be arguing

Please read:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq/

Similarly, I clicked on Thanks on Rowan's woman with pigtail image, because of the very elaborate neck and upper body tattoo. Which seemed more extensive than someone under 18 would get, though I can be wrong on that count. Also, something about the eyes make me think she has seen many, unfortunately, sad things in her life. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I would grab those 2 by the ears if I see them trying to buy cigarettes :P

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Kristy Aurelia said:

Hmm... I do have quite a pouty expression and large eyes, though they're supposed to be leaning towards anime style contacts rather than 'childlike wonder'.

I wonder... what about in very adult setting: https://iili.io/JGJwIcB.png

Oh I love that outfit and look, very dolly which is something I strive for myself but if I was honest with myself, I wouldn't put at being over 15. I'd want her but would hide her!

• Like 1

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

Cite your source and how you are arriving to your opinions on anything. If you haven't read anything you shouldn't even be arguing

Please read:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq/

From your first link:

• Participation in lewd or sexual acts in which one or more of the avatars appears to represent minors (or the depiction of such acts in images, video, textures, or text).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1