You are in a forest in Second Life. Would you rather run into a someone in a man avatar or a bear avatar?

I

36 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

These kind of threads reassure me, that I'm doing the right thing to spend 99+% of my SL-time alone.
Carry on.

I think that's why nobody has seen brdmrt  bears running around . They stay at their home Sim all day . V:

• Like 1

What if the bear has a gun, but the man only has a knife?

What if the bear is horny, but the man is a lifelong celibate?

What if the bear wants to sell you an extended warranty on your vehicle, but the man wants to give you candy?

What if the bear is a man wearing a bear skin, but the man is a bear wearing a man skin?

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What if the bear has a gun, but the man only has a knife?

What if the bear is horny, but the man is a lifelong celibate?

What if the bear wants to sell you an extended warranty on your vehicle, but the man wants to give you candy?

What if the bear is a man wearing a bear skin, but the man is a bear wearing a man skin?

Blinks... still definitely the bear. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

but they all make a really, really good case for the bear

I gotta wonder how much they know about bears. Or about being in the woods at all.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Trick questions! Except for the last one, I'd tend to agree.

Not really, does the bear even know how to use a gun? Even if it does, the knife is still worse. As Alan Rickman's infamous Sheriff of Nottigham one said. "It'll hurt more."

Second one, the first thing I thought of when I read the words lifelong celibrate were priest. Err no, I don't want to be anywhere near a priest as a little boy. 

The man wants to give me candy? Okay, think that one is self explanatory. 

Last one, both are really, really bad, but I'd wager I'd still be safer with the bear compared to the sort of man who wants to go out into the woods and dress up as a bear. 

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

Not really, does the bear even know how to use a gun? Even if it does, the knife is still worse. As Alan Rickman's infamous Sheriff of Nottigham one said. "It'll hurt more."

Assume yes, since the OP stated that both are "a man as an avatar", not just "an avatar". Based on that statement, I assume the bear is not a man "RolePlaying a bear", but more like "a guy in a bear suit".

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Second one, the first thing I thought of when I read the words lifelong celibrate were priest. Err no, I don't want to be anywhere near a priest as a little boy. 

Yep!

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

The man wants to give me candy? Okay, think that one is self explanatory. 

Yes, that should have been easy. The only way I could have made it easier was if the man was driving a "FREE CANDY van".

4 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Last one, both are really, really bad, but I'd wager I'd still be safer with the bear compared to the sort of man who wants to go out into the woods and dress up as a bear. 

That one could go either way.

10 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

The question failed to specify the AGE of the man, or bear.  I don't want to be caught around some underage "man" in the woods, so I'll pick the bear.

If it was between a woman and a bear, that's easy - the bear is more friendly, like Smokey

Only on SL forums, lol.

• Like 1

In sl.. the Bear .. cause I'm in the woods, and it would be pretty funny to run into a bear there.   In real life it's the other way around the bear is way more likely to tear off my face.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I think most of the point is that they *do* know about men.

Irrelevant.

If a plumber tells you that an electrical wire is safe to grab, would you believe him or check with someone that knows electricity?

Edited by Paul Hexem

5 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

I gotta wonder how much they know about bears. Or about being in the woods at all.

My mother lived in one in a camper for 9 years in the mountains of NorthCentral PA, on private land in an isolated area (town was a 45 minute drive away). She had bears 'visit' her quite a bit, especially since she had bird and hummingbird feeders. According to her, she'll always choose the bear. They left when she made a lot of noise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

My mother lived in one in a camper for 9 years in the mountains of NorthCentral PA, on private land in an isolated area (town was a 45 minute drive away). She had bears 'visit' her quite a bit, especially since she had bird and hummingbird feeders. According to her, she'll always choose the bear. They left when she made a lot of noise.

Well, that makes sense that they would. The bears were encroaching on her territory, not the other way around. An animal in a weird and new place is going to be spooked far more than it would in the place where it lives.

Not to mention, in Pennsylvania you're generally talking black bears- one of the smaller, more timid breeds, where the advice for dealing with them is to make a lot of noise and appear bigger than them.

Not exactly a great example of a situation that's supposed to be on a "which is more dangerous" chart.

5 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

FYI, not all priests like little boys. 

Let's not go there. The mods want a long weekend too I suppose.

• Like 1

Does the bear have a clipboard, or is it trying to sell me something, is there a little stand?  

Designer(2).thumb.png.17bd2f6b1dbb9f4daf9b6835de805ff2.png

What a lovely set of boots you have!  How satisfied are you with your cellphone provider?  For only 500L a month.. blah blah

A perfect place for a provider to have a sales pitch, I mean, who knows when you will need emergency services in the middle of a forest.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Does the bear have a clipboard, or is it trying to sell me something, is there a little stand?  

Designer(2).thumb.png.17bd2f6b1dbb9f4daf9b6835de805ff2.png

What a lovely set of boots you have!  How satisfied are you with your cellphone provider?  For only 500L a month.. blah blah

A perfect place for a provider to have a sales pitch, I mean, who knows when you will need emergency services in the middle of a forest.  

I'd have some questions about a cellular network constructed by bears, but I can't say I'd reject the idea outright.

• Haha 3