So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

the idea that child avatars are a kind of deviation from an imagined "norm" is both erroneous logically, and a little dangerous.

Why? They aren't "real life" children, and their insistence on being such as avatars is actually the cause of all this nightmare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some of us are discussing the pros / cons etc. of rules that have yet to be clarified (for example, nudity on public in "M" regions).

"Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search."

Think it's pretty clear what a M-rated region is.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Skin stores...

You can't judge that skin demo unless you can SEE it. Same might apply to some tattoos too, body piercings as well.

Oh yeah. If you're trying on new hood piercings, you gotta look at them in the store before buying. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:

You guys casually liking the reddit mod post probably aren't familiar with how messy it actually is over there.

Our rules are far stricter than here! ... and yes, we're allowed to have opinions, we're allowed to set our own rules, and we're allowed to do what's necessary to build a welcoming and positive community.

You're allowed to start your own sub if you like.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

LL do not want child avatars anywhere near nudity. They don't want those images. I fear it is very much going to be that we're second class citizens. 

If that's the result, IMHO, M-rated land is not fit for purpose. Who wants to site a store, say, where a bunch of prospective customers are uncomfortable? Or the kind of venue we all thought SL was made for, like Hotel Chelsea? Or even just a residence, if we have any child avatar friends who might visit if M weren't a potential minefield? That's not a good look either.

(Actually… I realize I don't even understand the problem with the optics of a fully-clothed child avatar in the presence of nudity. I realize this isn't the appropriate forum to give me remedial kink training, but other than making the nude, non-child avatar look like a hapless creep… I don't get who looks at that and says: "Wow! That pushes all the wrong buttons!")

Just in passing: the "public" / "private" distinction I've been talking about isn't about private land, but rather whether a setting is behind closed doors. I've been seeing what seems like confusion about that. 

• Like 2

We all give up freedoms in order to make society working. Going outside and firing a weapon into the air is a freedom you've been denied (except maybe in Texas?) because it endangers others.

But you would be infringing on an American's right to bear arms. I don't think anyone would be okay with infringing on their rights. 

• Like 1

We all give up freedoms in order to make society working. Going outside and firing a weapon into the air is a freedom you've been denied (except maybe in Texas?) because it endangers others.

This is a fallacy (possibly not the correct term), if nobody wants that freedom (i.e. if it is a "really bad idea").  If I take that literally, I've been denied the freedom to drive drunk, drive my car into other people's houses, set random fires, etc.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If LL goes ahead with my suggestion to release a hundred new horizons sims all at once, with a low low sale price of say $10,000 L per parcel, you will get one 😁

If a full sim was 30 - 47$ I'd definitely buy it, make a sim, sure but that's wishful thinking.

But I'd still make it an Adult sim though and it would be most likely have a Cafe on it because I always wanted a cafe, lol

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But you would be infringing on an American's right to bear arms. I don't think anyone would be okay with infringing on their rights. 

Let's stop while we are ahead with the "gun stuff", and @Scylla Rhiadra - you know this is political in nature. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why? They aren't "real life" children, and their insistence on being such as avatars is actually the cause of all this nightmare.

Maybe her norm, but I don't think it would be fair to tell someone they are not normal if they are doing it for fun. It's not harming anyone being a child avatar. So why does it really matter? 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Imagine being falsely banned for ***play that would suck this has happened to does who have non of that stuff before.  

How come you keep talking about does? Hunting season don't open until September.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Interestingly enough even us bumpkins that live in Texas live by rules.

In Texas, you can discharge a firearm on your property outside of city limits without any laws regarding the size of your property. However, if you want to shoot a firearm inside city limits, your property must meet certain size requirements:
  • Shotguns, air rifles, air pistols, BB guns, or bows and arrows: You need at least 10 acres of land
  • Centerfire or rimfire rifles or pistols: You need at least 50 acres of land

I hear they don't take too well to new rules in Texas. That's what we have here, new rules that residents are supposed to abide by after multiple years of having a different code to live by.

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe her norm, but I don't think it would be fair to tell someone they are not normal if they are doing it for fun. It's not harming anyone being a child avatar. So why does it really matter? 

Ok, then if we start there and walk it back - why does it matter if "Mature" regions allow public nudity or not? The current rules allow it with children present.  The ambiguous new rules also seem to.  Why are we discussing "bending over" on that one point? Hmmmm?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If I've gotten a new mesh body and want to show it off, I have Adult sims that let me do this.

On the other hand, skin stores kind of have to allow nudity, so people can try on skins and see how the demos look before they buy them. It's much the same with clothing stores, if one doesn't want to take home all the demos to try them on. I generally figure, if a clothing store or sale event is on Moderate land, they expect customers will go briefly naked now and then.

Then we adult avatars should make a few changes as well.  Why dump it all on the child avatars when simple, non-restrictive change by us could make.thing easier for them.  Popping home to view a skin is really not a.hardship.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Monika Skydancer said:
32 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Imagine being falsely banned for ***play that would suck this has happened to does who have non of that stuff before.  

How come you keep talking about does? Hunting season don't open until September.

Maybe they are a Simpsons fan and mean "D'ohs"?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Seriously..

Why not just restrict child avatars to "G-rated" regions?

Why should adult avatars have to change, just because some users want to be "child avatars"?

The burden of "change" should be on those who want to be children. They have a choice to be children. If they can't handle nudity, stay on "G-rated" regions.

Why should they be restricted from accessing the majority of second life because a handful of people want to walk around naked?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I hear they don't take too well to new rules in Texas. That's what we have here, new rules that residents are supposed to abide by after multiple years of having a different code to live by.

Let's just not get into US politics and "gun rights". It is completely off-topic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Then we adult avatars should make a few changes as well.  Why dump it all on the child avatars when simple, non-restrictive change by us could make.thing easier for them.  Popping home to view a skin is really not a.hardship.  

In my argument, I left this part out so far - my own answer is because some people WANT to be nude in Moderate regions, since it is allowed and "baked in" (grandfathered in) Moderate regions as a "right". 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Interestingly enough even us bumpkins that live in Texas live by rules.

In Texas, you can discharge a firearm on your property outside of city limits without any laws regarding the size of your property. However, if you want to shoot a firearm inside city limits, your property must meet certain size requirements:
  • Shotguns, air rifles, air pistols, BB guns, or bows and arrows: You need at least 10 acres of land
  • Centerfire or rimfire rifles or pistols: You need at least 50 acres of land

Fair, and I stand corrected!

For what it's worth I have at least two very good friends from Texas in-world, one of whom is a cop and the other a music teacher. Neither person would I characterize as "bumpkins."

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Why should they be restricted from accessing the majority of second life because a handful of people want to walk around naked?

I think it's only fair we have 1 zone for kids, 1 for adults and 1 for both where everyone kind of meets in the middle and works together. 

G land for stuff you would only be comfortable doing in front of a class of elementary school kids. 

A land for your wildest dreams, anything goes.

M land where you can do adult stuff in private but where in public it's pretty much like G land. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And you're not a "real life" lion, but I'm sure you'd take it badly if restrictions were imposed upon furries?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3