So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

No, but thank you.  It isn't like I'm having a creative block on how to redo her.  This avatar represents a loss to me in RL.   This goes back the therapy reasons in thread.    So, it's lack of ability its emotional. 

You're welcome, and I understand now. Hopefully we can get some answers and clarification soon. That might help a bit. 

6 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I'm not sure keeping illegal skins without modesty layers is a good idea. 

Having them in your inventory and not wearing them shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to be extra careful ... rez a prim, put them in the prim, and take that into your inventory.  (Obviously that assumes that they are copy) Then delete the skin, as a skin, from your inventory. You still have it, but it's not accessible and if LL penalise you for archiving something that way then I'd be pretty surprised.

Remember that there are places like Freebie Galaxy which have (or had, I hope they are still around) a massive number of boxes of old stuff. LL can't really think that someone is going to go through every one of those boxes to check to see if there's a TOS breaking skin in them. If they have a shred of sanity they'll only care IF that skin is being worn to violate TOS, and only in the individual case where it IS being worn to do so.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

All the time

Wow, as an adult avatar I maybe have run into a naked avatar 3 times in the 6 years I've been here. Maybe you should rethink where you take your kids?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

How young do you want me to look?  I'm game.

Whatever way feels comfortable to you.

1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

We are not pretending to be children. We will fight for the right to be naked, as adults, ON A ADULT PLATFORM!

My late 80's mother would disagree with you. When she walked by my computer and saw my avatar inworld, she asked what I was playing and questioned whether is wasn't a game for children. As far she is concerned, we are ALL children if we get pleasure out of playing this and acting and dressing like Barbie and Kens.

Maybe there is some delusion going on with some virtual adults that they are somehow anymore more mature then those of us who are more honest in playing as a younger avatar.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Of.course they can but you did say you were running into naked people "all the time".

The one sure way to avoid that, since we're concerned about the children, is to just do family trips to General.  I'm really wondering what types of places you're taking them that have all these random naked people,.though.   It's just not been my experience in 15 years.

Maybe the Linden Arcades at Bay City should get an overhaul. I like them, still, but never ran into a Child Avi there. The Child Avis gather at that much less "Kid like" Beach Club in the west of Bay City for some reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Whatever way feels comfortable to you.

My late 80's mother would disagree with you. When she walked by my computer and saw my avatar inworld, she asked what I was playing and questioned whether is wasn't a game for children. As far she is concerned, we are ALL children if we get pleasure out of playing this and acting and dressing like Barbie and Kens.

Maybe there is some delusion going on with some virtual adults that they are somehow anymore more mature then those of us who are more honest in playing as a younger avatar.

I think the 50 ys old lad playing a 20 ys old woman is exactly as honest as a 50 ys old lad playing a 10 ys old girl.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Maybe the Linden Arcades at Bay City should get an overhaul. I like them, still, but never ran into a Child Avi there. The Child Avis gather at that much less "Kid like" Beach Club in the west of Bay City for some reason.

You mean in the G-Rated half of Bay City?

R6hpfw4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AnthonyJoanne said:

Having them in your inventory and not wearing them shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to be extra careful ... rez a prim, put them in the prim, and take that into your inventory.  (Obviously that assumes that they are copy) Then delete the skin, as a skin, from your inventory. You still have it, but it's not accessible and if LL penalise you for archiving something that way then I'd be pretty surprised.

Remember that there are places like Freebie Galaxy which have (or had, I hope they are still around) a massive number of boxes of old stuff. LL can't really think that someone is going to go through every one of those boxes to check to see if there's a TOS breaking skin in them. If they have a shred of sanity they'll only care IF that skin is being worn to violate TOS, and only in the individual case where it IS being worn to do so.

I am still hopeful for everyone, us and LL, that LL and/or body makers will be creative enough to invent a way that a body can be used with a modesty layer so that old skins can be used. They did include body creators.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Honey Puddles said:

You mean in the G-Rated half of Bay City?

R6hpfw4.png

Yes.  Weston, Oak Bluffs, Oak Bay. That´s where the Arcades are. Oak Bay also hosts some kind of Mole Museum. The club i mentioned is located a couple of sims away, at the west coast.

Edited by Vivienne Schell

3 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

I am still hopeful for everyone, us and LL, that LL and/or body makers will be creative enough to invent a way that a body can be used with a modesty layer so that old skins can be used. They did include body creators.

I'm still waiting for a good reason that applied alphas won't be good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

... well you know. the mere possibility of nudity and preventing that is going to stop everything, obviously. No one will be able to get up to anything if everyone has welded on underpants.

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I hear you. LL isn't going to actively investigate, and you should only be ARable if you're BOM or mesh naked.

Edited by Denim Robonaught
save!

25 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

I think the 50 ys old lad playing a 20 ys old woman is exactly as honest as a 50 ys old lad playing a 10 ys old girl.

So the same restrictions should apply to both whatever their projected age and gender wouldn't you agree?

• Confused 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

So the same restrictions should apply to both whatever their projected age and gender wouldn't you agree?

The honesty of players isn´t matter of the discussion. Nude Child Avatars are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

The honesty of players isn´t matter of the discussion. Nude Child Avatars are.

Oh? I thought we were discussing why the whole of SLs children's community has to be punished for some rotten applies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Denim Robonaught said:

Oh? I thought we were discussing why the whole of SLs children's community has to be punished for some rotten applies.

They are not "punished" by the ToS changes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Indy Melody said:

Are they being punished or being protected?

If, then protected. In the sense, that everyone who loves SL needs protection from unpleasant encounters with the media or the FBI playing hardball with Linden Lab over some ugly things.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

If, then protected. In the sense, that everyone who loves SL needs protection from unpleasant encounters with the media or the FBI playing hardball with Linden Lab over some ugly things.

Have you heard something?   I have heard a few rumors too that the cause of all this has something to do with legal issues.  If that is the case, I really wish the Lab would come out and say we have to do this for legal reason.  An frankly, if that is the case then all our "discussions" here are moot. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

- loss of access
- loss of inventory
- easier to target.

but they're not being punished

I wouldn't say punished but it also doesn't sit entirely right either. Luna Bliss and I discussed this much earlier in the thread. 

On 5/4/2024 at 1:11 AM, Luna Bliss said:

I don't think I'd call it a "punishment", but if I was forced to change my avatar in major ways because there was sexual abuse in the world I'd feel like there was something kinda wrong with me...like my way of being or self was at fault somehow.  It's not logical, I know, but I can see why child avatars are feeling they're not quite okay now, and being targeted unfairly to be the solution for something they never caused.

On 5/4/2024 at 1:14 AM, brodiac90 said:

I think you're the only one who has actually managed to put into words how I am feeling. In principle the modesty layer is a good thing as it will keep us safe, but the fact we need it makes me feel sort of dirty like I should be ashamed or I've done something wrong even though logically I know I haven't. I won't go into details, but like many kid avis I did not have the best childhood growing up and so being a kid avi in SL and having a loving family has been a way to heal. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2