So what changed in the Terms of Service?

35 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I know right! It's always so distressful for me when a sim rating changes from M to A right before my eyes.  Let's see it's happened to me - NEVER.

Well, you have never been hunted before, have you?    There are people on the grid that hate child avatars so much they will go to any means necessary to eliminate them from the grid.  This very post I'm quoting from was just liked by a admitted child hater from this very forum.   Two days ago a friend of mine was hounded across two sims in two estates by one such hunter to just try to AR him.   I posted last night that some creep was using a bot, a 10-year-old account, to attempt to lure child av's on to adult land.   They basically sacrificed a 10year old account knowing it would be, and anyone connected to it, would be AR'ed out of existence.

Even I admit that a sim rating change trap would be hard to pull off but it can be done.   This feature eliminates that as trap.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Everybody in SL should wear pasties from now on, to protect the sensibilities of those who can't bear to see nipples. You can use little hearts, teddy bears, bandaids, starfish or whatever you like.

I have goggly eyes! Going to be wearing them more often now :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Whether or not the rumors of flat-chest wearers catching hands is true

Conssider the source.

The rumours that "LL are hunting down fembois and culling them like baby seals, it must be true, II heard it from somebody on reddit who said they saw it on farcebork, who said they saw it on 4chan from a guy who claimed he was banned for being one and that he didn't do anything wrong ever" were brought to you here on thiss forum by?

Do you believe LL are banning people for wearing "foreign makeup" or "geisha outfits" too ?

Somebody is scaremongering, hoping to drive people from SL to the openIPtheft Hyperfail grid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Would a child avatar at a club where there was no nudity be expected to leave if one of the dancers decided to go topless, because they were "engaging or participating in a common activity," i.e., dancing?

Right. But I'm trying to understand what happens under those circumstances if, instead, public nudity were forbidden on M-rated land. Wouldn't a dance club be private, so that could still happen?

(It's very possible I've misunderstood the proposal.)

• Like 2

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Conssider the source.

The rumours that "LL are hunting down fembois and culling them like baby seals, it must be true, II heard it from somebody on reddit who said they saw it on farcebork, who said they saw it on 4chan from a guy who claimed he was banned for being one and that he didn't do anything wrong ever" were brought to you here on thiss forum by?

Do you believe LL are banning people for wearing "foreign makeup" or "geisha outfits" too ?

Somebody is scaremongering, hoping to drive people from SL to the openIPtheft Hyperfail grid.

I tend to roll my eyes when I see posts like that and go what did they actually do? 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Right. But I'm trying to understand what happens under those circumstances if, instead, public nudity were forbidden on M-rated land. Wouldn't a dance club be private, so that could still happen?

(It's very possible I've misunderstood the proposal.)

Rules as written child avatars are not allowed near nudity. So even on G land where nudity is not allowed, if an adult was nude I'd have to leave. Now whether that's what LL intends or what people think is fair is another matter. That scenario about bible study with Woody and Johnny was mentioned awihle back. 

17 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

And there were many posts starting hours ago with a post by @brodiac90 rightly posing the situation of a fully clothed, modesty-layered child avatar on M-rated land, where a nude, non-child avatar arrives on the scene. It's clear the FAQ handles a very specific fear about getting ARd for a momentary exposure and that's nice and all, but that's not really the situation. Here, let me help:

Little Johnny dressed in his Sunday best is attending bible study on an unsupervised M-rated public parcel, no suggestion nudity should be expected, when suddenly Woody MacNoob arrives fresh from orientation with a torch in one hand and a proud freenis protruding from his pubis. Bible study isn't over, but Woody shows no inclination (nor ability) to teleport from the scene. Now what? Johnny is in the presence of nudity with no reasonable expectation that will change. He's violating TOS, whether anybody files an AR or not, and if they do, whether Governance for some reason decides to spend an hour on this one report to uncover innocence. Woody has done nothing wrong, there's no reason for anybody to AR him.

Is there some way this doesn't make child avatars second class residents on M-rated land? Should we require non-child avatars to wear burkas on G-rated land, to re-balance the universe? (as if Governance won't have enough to do.) I don't have a solution to suggest, but this effect of the policy really does suck, and the FAQ does not fix it.

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, AnthonyJoanne said:

Ok - I keep seeing these posts insisting that people are being ejected solely based on their height.

To test this, I put on my Death of Rats avatar (PTerry lives!). My shape comes in to 1.33 meters according to firestorm, and 0.9 meters by prim measurement. Avatar deformation for the win :)

I then went into search, unticked G and M (leaving only A) and typed in SEX, and started teleporting to sims. I teleported to the top 10 of the list.

Then I searched for SHOPPING, and started teleporting. I went to the top 10 of the list.

Then I searched for NO KIDS ... but because no is too short and was eliminated the search ended up being KIDS and I got a whole bunch of locations that I wouldn't go to just in case, but I did look at their descriptions and most of them were there because they had "NO KIDS" in their keywords.

Then I searched for ADULTS ONLY, and again hit the top 10 of the list.

I won't continue with all the searches I did ... but the results were ONE. A single location which specified very clearly that you had to be 1.52 meters (apparently that's 5 feet tall).  It gave me a minute to change to a taller avatar.

Out of 100 hundred teleports.

I encountered three which I had to leave because their rules stated "Human Avatars only".

If these height ejection mechanisms are as prevalent as people would like us to believe ... I would have expected to hit more than one.

I'm not saying that they aren't out there, because finding one means that they exist ... but I think one percent is a pretty low average when you consider that I purposely selected high traffic regions which were MORE likely to employ such devices.

Just for the sake of completeness I'll note that several of the dancers who greeted me on arrival at some of the regions were rather amused at the 3 foot tall rat that had just arrived in their midst! :D

Thank you for putting the time and effort into testing/demonstrating this here.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

how important in practice is the provision for public nudity in Moderate regions?

I honestly don't see much of a reason for it at all in public Moderate.  Do people often feel.the need to strip down while walking along a mainland road?  Naked sunbathing on the Blake so you don't get tan lines?  

I've been involved in all manner of adult activity in SL so I'm far from a prude nor am I clutching my pearls about seeing some naughty bits but I can say, I've never felt I needed to disrobe while on ANY public land.  YMMV

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:
14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

how important in practice is the provision for public nudity in Moderate regions?

I honestly don't see much of a reason for it at all in public Moderate.  Do people often feel.the need to strip down while walking along a mainland road?  Naked sunbathing on the Blake so you don't get tan lines?  

I've been involved in all manner of adult activity in SL so I'm far from a prude nor am I clutching my pearls about seeing some naughty bits but I can say, I've never felt I needed to disrobe while on ANY public land.  YMMV

What about changing clothes, for example after purchasing new clothes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

So I want to know how everyone defines child avatar and adult avatar. So we can get a baseline of how people think. 

For the new rule changes I'd define them as anyone appearing under 18 personally. 

Usually I think child.. below 10

Tween.. below 13

Teen... up to 18 even though 19 is a teen I'm use to thinking more legally here even in real life. 

1 minute ago, Chery Amore said:

For the new rule changes I'd define them as anyone appearing under 18 personally. 

Tween.. below 13

Teen... up to 18 even though 19 is a teen I'm use to thinking more legally here even in real life. 

Well, should they have a standard look? Or can they be creative? Like an adult who looks younger. I

1 minute ago, Chery Amore said:

Tween.. below 13

That is already the rule.  In SL, Adults are 18+ and anything under is a child.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

I honestly don't see a reason to be nude in public places, the only caveat is if you are changing or you are on a region that is all for that. Like a nudist colony region. 

Skin stores...

You can't judge that skin demo unless you can SEE it. Same might apply to some tattoos too, body piercings as well.

• Like 2

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Skin stores...

You can't judge that skin demo unless you can SEE it. Same might apply to some tattoos too, body piercings as well.

That is what I meant by changing xD

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What about changing clothes, for example after purchasing new clothes?

IF I were to do this, I put on the new before taking off the old.  

By public, I mean Linden owned land.  While other moderate land may be open to the public, it's still privately owned.

Not once have I demoed a body skin in public.  Ewww

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

I honestly don't see a reason to be nude in public places, the only caveat is if you are changing or you are on a region that is all for that. Like a nudist colony region. 

Okay but what about all the clothing that people wear that is sheer.. some level of sheer. Showing some nip. 

Then there are the skirts that for some reason are ribbons above the waist now.. with sheer undies. 

Am I the only one that sees women all over the place wearing these at fashion events?  I know I wear the sheer stuff myself and try to be a little more covered up in moderate areas when I remember to be. 

Is this type of dress going to be just not allowed anymore for adults on moderate land too.. or just thought of as in bad taste by some as it is now?

Just now, Chery Amore said:

Okay but what about all the clothing that people wear that is sheer.. some level of sheer. Showing some nip. 

Then there are the skirts that for some reason are ribbons above the waist now.. with sheer undies. 

Am I the only one that sees women all over the place wearing these at fashion events?  I know I wear the sheer stuff myself and try to be a little more covered up in moderate areas when I remember to be. 

Is this type of dress going to be just not allowed anymore for adults on moderate land too.. or just thought of as in bad taste by some as it is now?

That really isn't nude though, skin is okay. I was talking about being buck-naked. No clothes on. Lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

Rules as written child avatars are not allowed near nudity. So even on G land where nudity is not allowed, if an adult was nude I'd have to leave. Now whether that's what LL intends or what people think is fair is another matter. That scenario about bible study with Woody and Johnny was mentioned awihle back. 

Right, to recap (maybe for my own benefit) that's what Scylla and I are both trying to "solve" with some revision to those rules as written. She suggested (as I understood it) that M would change to forbid public nudity. I suggested instead that properly dressed child avatars could be in the presence of public nudity as long as there was no shared activity. Then (I think) both proposals got wedged on the prospect of those child avatars encountering sudden private nudity. At the moment, I'm not seeing a clear path to not sending the child avatar abruptly away from that scene.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Indy Melody said:

In regards to a region suddenly changing it's Maturity Rating, that is only possible on Estate Regions and by those that have Estate Manager rights. And if I recall correctly, would require a region restart for the change to go into effect. And we all know from the weekly region restarts, you have to leave or be logged out. So if you are a child and have to leave for a restart AND your preferences are set to not go to Adult regions, when you attempt to return to that region, you would not get there. 

Mainland moderate or general regions will never be changed by the Lindens. So you will always know where mainland stands.

If it requires a sim restart that is good, then.    While it may make that part of the huds protection feature obsolete, it is only a line of code and a timer event.   No hard or mighty coding loss there.