So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep.  Speaking of, I thought those pictures were "moving to a new thread", but either I missed it or Quartz lost the posts and gave up.  I was going to peek at that thread out of morbid curiosity.

yeah, it was pretty ugly there for a minute.  I started a thread in My Avatar, this whole thread was renamed to the title of the thread I made and was in General Discussion, then pictures were removed, he threw his hands up and said he didn't want to cause any more damage.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Surprisingly, if you are 5’10 in the US, you are taller than 97.5% of American women. Extremely rare.

What a lot of the "Campaign for real heights" types forget when chanting "average height is 5'4" is that height distribution in humans follows a bell curve, with that "average" at the top of the bell.

So for every woman who is 5'10", there is another woman who is another who is 4'10".

And yes that means if you are 4'10" you are SHORTER than 97.5 % of women.

For every 5'3 there is a 5'5, for every 5'2 there is a 5'6, for every 5'1, there is a 5'7, for every 5'0 there is a 5'8, for every 4'11, there is a 5'9, and for every 4'10 a 5'10.

They also tend to forget when looking at the chart on Thickapedia, to read the text underneath, where it helpfully points out that typically STUDENTS tend to have an average height 1 inch taller than the national average, and Socio-Economic ABC!'s are also on average 1 inch taller than the national average.

That's one of the reasons I get so annoyed with "OMAGERD You're over 5'5, your a GIANT" from the Real Height types.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

While I agree, not everyone does... some people tell me its expected if not explicitly forbidden, and others say the opposite.  LL just needs to clarify it if I can get a lot of people to not agree.

What matters is: What is "engage" and "participate".

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

yeah, it was pretty ugly there for a minute.  I started a thread in My Avatar, this whole thread was renamed to the title of the thread I made and was in General Discussion, then pictures were removed, he threw his hands up and said he didn't want to cause any more damage.  

Not gonna lie, the picture that set me off belonged more in the Adult subforum IMHO!

Maybe I'm just a prude. Hey, imagine that! LOL!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Suggestion ffor LL.

All Governance AR Review Lindens to be issued with Arc Welder's Safety Goggles, so they don't get spiteful at being blinded by fullbright flexi hair.

6 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Actually, my usual hair now is mesh, but i set it to full bright to match the flexi prim bangs I still wear 😁

let us not forget the full on nova level bling earrings.....

5 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

one should never accept experiences. why would you let someone else control what you see and do?

I like it when I sit on an experienced enabled chair that has props that the props attach automatically when needed.  I further like it when I use an experience enabled coffee/tea maker that my drink is automatically attached when whatever scripted RP brewing cycle is completed. I have an intense dislike for those legacy items that try to hand me the props or drink, and a moderate dislike at constantly being asked (nagged) to allow the props or drink to be temporarily attached.  For me, personally, the convenience of the auto prop/drink attach is worth the risk of accepting the experience(s). Your millage may vary.

tl;dr:

I have no problems in accepting experiences for QOL/convenience.  I can always go back and reject, block, and report an experience that takes undue liberties. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

It's really more fun to watch in SL when the 6 different avatars claim they are different people but in reality are the same and they come up with elaborate stories to explain things.  

Hey, I even married my male alt! (No, it doesn't save me from getting hit on by Neanderthal men at clubs.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

What do you mean?   Why do you expect either Governance or the recipients of such letters to publish them?

Because people do, either out of anger, because they had questions not resolved by the Lab, comments that it was unfair and they had to tell the world...etc. Dozens of potential reasons they would share or tell others of such a thing. Yet, zilch. Noone I've heard ever mentioned such letters. You have a couple stories from ancient history and that's the most we've heard and well, there is enough traffic on this thread that I look forward to someone piping up and say I am wrong and they have or had such a letter and/or warning.

34 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You don't HAVE a case.

It's crystal clear. You just don't like what it says.

[…]

The AR Clickbait is NOT supposed to "engage" so they need to leave.

[…]

It's true I don't like that interpretation because it necessarily relegates a subset of TOS-complying SL residents to second class status on M-rated land—specifically for me, my M-rated land, unless I specify (and, I guess, somehow enforce) a no nudity rule, and then god forbid I someday go skinny-dipping on my own beach.

But that wasn't the case I was making. Rather, my point was that well-meaning people can read that TOS and come up with diametrically opposed interpretations. @Vivienne Schell sees it the way you do, and @Codex Alpha sees it clearly the opposite, like nobody could possibly misinterpret it the other way. It's a perfect Necker cube of policy.

There needs to be language in the Child Avatar Policy that resolves it.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Childrens swimwear and similar. Even a regular normal full-coverage one-piece swimsuit or gymnastics or ballet/dance leotard or something would be ruined if they had permashorts on.

Or onsies for babies.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

What matters is: What is "engage" and "participate".

It says engage or participate in an event or location.  Just shopping in a store is participating in the location.  It doesn't say you have to engage or participate with the naked avatar.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ngl some people severe case of experience bias or cultural bias and not this isn't a fraudulent claim people who say things like that don't know anything about the real world or how it works.(what's so funny or confusing about that?)

Edited by Wincil
Typo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

It says engage or participate in an event or location.  Just shopping in a store is participating in the location.  It doesn't say you have to engage or participate with the naked avatar.

But you're participating in the shopping not the random naked person who might show up.  You're not engaging with them.  LL can't expect to keep child-presenting avatars from going to shopping events that MIGHT show a boob in a vendor photo eiither.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

I do get your point .. for participating where nudity is present.  I do think you really need to tongue twist it for it to land in most situations though.   But I guess if clarity is needed.. maybe it's needed. 

I'd think most people would consider participating to roll off the tongue better as in "She participated in a volleyball tournament."  rather than  "She participated in general shopping with everyone at the mall." 

Edited by Chery Amore
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Childrens swimwear and similar. Even a regular normal full-coverage one-piece swimsuit or gymnastics or ballet/dance leotard or something would be ruined if they had permashorts on.

Similarly we might end up with boys my age (9) having to wear a chest modesty layer since it's very hard in practice to police whether a child body is male or female. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Ngl some people severe case of experience o bias or cultural bias and not this isn't a fraudulent claim people who say things like that don't know anying about the real world or how it works.

Yes there is some truth to that. Someone said on another SL related site that "Getting banned for emulating culturally unfamiliar makeup styles is a thing.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Similarly we might end up with boys my age (9) having to wear a chest modesty layer since it's very hard in practice to police whether a child body is male or female. 

Edo Period Samurai Underwear. It's unisex, covers all the bits, and is thin and close to the body.

Samurai_putting_on_Fundoshi_(loincloth).

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes there is some truth to that. Someone said on another SL related site that "Getting banned for emulating culturally unfamiliar makeup styles is a thing.

There's is some truth to that? How so? I don't think there is that seems that seens like discrimination to me.

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But you're participating in the shopping not the random naked person who might show up.  You're not engaging with them.  LL can't expect to keep child-presenting avatars from going to shopping events that MIGHT show a boob in a vendor photo eiither.

True, all this is constructed because they tried to avoid banning Child Avis from M rated sims completely. But this attempt will always generate a certain kind of wishiwashi and question marks , inavoidably.

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Like, that's great!!!

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And you believed him?

Hahahhahahahahaahahahaa

LL don't ban you for wearing Geisha makeup, or Native American war paint.

They really don't.

• Like 8