Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 12:10 PM, Amata Karas said:

I love this topic, it's fun to reminisce about those days when we sim bumped trying to get into Last Call to hand over all our money. Here's my quick list. 

Antonia Marat of Artilleri 

OMG! Someone else remembers Artilleri! =D

I also miss Nix Sands - R.I.P! He had a couple nice steampunk and sci-fi lines.

Chrome Carter's "Bloody Mess" was also one of my big go-tos back in the day.

On 5/3/2024 at 5:06 PM, animats said:

Kimika Ying, of Ying Industries in Babbage Palisade.

Yes. She was cool, and made some really groovy stuff. She introduced me to the Lady Astronaut books, and even made prop books of it, as well as a laser sword.

Edited by SlammedSam
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 2

I miss:

Earl Dinkins - he had several quite interesting locations displaying his art and poetry.

Simple Wunderlich - One day his "Simple's Zoo" and other builds just disappeared. 

Ub Yifu - I think he left Second Life because some of his work was being copybotted.

Let us appreciate those creators who remain. 

• Like 2

I miss Lano Ling of Poetic Colors. He made the most gorgeous eyes on the grid in my humble opinion. One of my friends recommended this store when Greg was a young noob and I haven't worn anything else.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I remember their chairs were always busy and waiting to see if the first letter of your name came up and wishing you had made a name beginning with X or something so when it did come up you didn't end up second on the chair in someone's lap and no outfit.

I remember that, I found a picture of Seren the other day in my FB memories in one of their chairs.

13 minutes ago, Mahala Roviana said:

I think the store name was Catnip? It was back in my neko, pre mesh days. They had fun, neko inspired accessories and a bunch of Alice in Wonderland stuff.

Omg. I remember that. If it's what I'm thinking of, I think I got a belt full of spray paint and stuff there for my rat avatar (my answer to the neko infestation 😂).

Wait, yes I did! The vandal belt. Still got it, LOL. Spray paint, a carton of eggs, toilet paper, and cigs.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 6:57 PM, MrsCerise Blackheart said:

Redd Columbia - RC Cluster (created some of the most fun items like a shivers AO and bento toothbrush)

It was a shame to see how her ill fated return to SL lead to a permanent quitting. Too much pressure all at once.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Omg. I remember that. If it's what I'm thinking of, I think I got a belt full of spray paint and stuff there for my rat avatar (my answer to the neko infestation 😂).

Wait, yes I did! The vandal belt. Still got it, LOL. Spray paint, a carton of eggs, toilet paper, and cigs.

Yes! I had an adult sized trike from there that I used to ride on the motorcycle tracks. I ticked a lot of people off :)  I loved that store so much.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:36 PM, Aethelwine said:

Fox Obviate & Picassa Vela - RIP

I miss Aley's wild sculpty concoctions and creativity too. Lovely person from the few times I met them, just a shame they never grasped the IP issues that got them banned. 

I also miss AnnMarie O'toole and the vehicle chaos she brought to the linden roads :)

Are you sure Aley is banned? I see stuff of hers all -- and isn't this her on the MP?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/en-US/stores/114905

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:24 AM, Rufferta said:

I miss:

Earl Dinkins - he had several quite interesting locations displaying his art and poetry.

Simple Wunderlich - One day his "Simple's Zoo" and other builds just disappeared. 

Ub Yifu - I think he left Second Life because some of his work was being copybotted.

Let us appreciate those creators who remain. 

No, Earl Dinkins is in fact back.

He was chased out of Rowling by griefers, but he decamped to Davenport, and you can find his new gallery here.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Henry Hutchence said:

Are you sure Aley is banned? I see stuff of hers all -- and isn't this her on the MP?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/en-US/stores/114905

Aley Arai, Aley Resident and plain Aley have definitely gone.

The AleyMart account holds alot of her work

"The collected works of Arcadia Asylum and her alts including Aley Arai, Lora Lemon, and Aley Resident."

• Like 1

I keenly feel for so many of these mentioned.

I'll add Nena Janus of League; the inworld store closed in '22 but at least her items still available on MKP I see.  I wish and hope for more in the future someday but who ever knows.  League and Slink were my favourite combination for such a good long time.

• Like 4

On 5/3/2024 at 6:57 AM, MrsCerise Blackheart said:

This might sound a bit ranty and moan-a-lot but I can assure you it's not. This is just a post to celebrate those creators that aren't active in SL anymore that made some of the best content in SL:

Emery Milneaux - [Commoner] (Binge Watcher's Survival Kit - Apt 20 was one of the best cult following items I have ever seen made in SL!)

Redd Columbia - RC Cluster (created some of the most fun items like a shivers AO and bento toothbrush)

leela Darwin - [POUT!] (British designer of some really brilliant BOM/applier make-ups for both RP and just looking pretty)

I loved RC Cluster - I had a pet bumble bee on a string from them I think back in the "old" days.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I will mention Jewell Lamourfou who created Distressed Textures.
Sadly no longer with us either in RL (recently passed).

I'm sorry to hear that. Jewell was so talented and encouraging to other creators.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cutea Benelli - Grim Bros they made wild outfits. They left before I bought all that I wanted.

Snapshot_016.thumb.jpg.8b1bd4e22eb254b5534b57b460383a4e.jpg

I used to shop at Avid too. 

Sarah (darwin.mizser) - Avid - She did some really well made outfits with nice texturing.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

Cutea Benelli - Grim Bros they made wild outfits. They left before I bought all that I had bought all that I wanted.

What a shame they are no longer around, that dress is amazing.

Cutea Benelli - Grim Bros they made wild outfits. They left before I bought all that I wanted.

Snapshot_016.thumb.jpg.8b1bd4e22eb254b5534b57b460383a4e.jpg

I used to shop at Avid too. 

Sarah (darwin.mizser) - Avid - She did some really well made outfits with nice texturing.

I love that.

I don't know if you're still looking for costumes/outfits like this, but if you are, try irrISIStible, Cureless, and Moon Amore. For some amazing headpieces, Zibska.

irrISIStible has no demos, but I took a chance on her fountain costume a long time ago and...well...it has flowing water (!!!). What is there to even say? #worthit 

I have a few of her costumes/outfits now and don't regret buying a single one.

• Thanks 1