A Lab Gab ponderance ...

14 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I think only about 5 people actually watched the entire half hour podcast.  They all posted here about cats, animations, and fingers.

to be fair, my comment was about finger animations.  But I guess I should have commented about the cat as well to, you know, hit the trifecta. ah well, c'est la vie.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:

to be fair, my comment was about finger animations.  But I guess I should have commented about the cat as well to, you know, hit the trifecta. ah well, c'est la vie.

He should just make obscene gestures and gang signs next time. Throw in "the shocker" now and then. 

I watch these when I want to know more about a subject. Great if they can also be visually attractive, but that would not make me watch them. I like that we got several questions answered so soon after the news of Thunes buying Tilia. I don't want to wait for information caused by searches for the right animation or camera angle. And of course it's natural for LL reps to be represented by avatars when they turn to an SL audience. No potential new user who is contemplating joining SL for the fun of it would watch this video. 

Just my opinion...but I think Lab Gab should have more drama for those of us who aren't bothered about PBR 😴 Maybe they should team up with National Blab? They could call it "Blab Gab" B| And cut to a live stream of Bagnu running around sims, trying to uncover new scandals 🕵️‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Just my opinion...but I think Lab Gab should have more drama for those of us who aren't bothered about PBR 😴 Maybe they should team up with National Blab? They could call it "Blab Gab" B| And cut to a live stream of Bagnu running around sims, trying to uncover new scandals 🕵️‍♂️

That sounds good! Remind Bagnu to wear pants, just in case.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That sounds good! Remind Bagnu to wear pants, just in case.

I COULD wear a skirt and nylons....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Or have OTHERS uncover "things"...

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 1:48 AM, Coffee Pancake said:

So we just had a lab gab, blah blah blah ... the contents are not what this thread is about.

Would they be better with a real human rather than an avatar ?

An incredibly good point.  Wanna be taken seriously? Raise confidence?  Give folks something to talk about (that you might be more pleased about)? 

Get your real face in the camera and own your position.  

Shortened for time/space, something I would be highly recommending if I was in the "get ahead of these things now" workgroup. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Honestly, if it were changed to "audio only", then people would complain that "Second Life is a visual media, can't they be bothered to use their own platform? Are they ashamed of it? Does the CEO even log into it?".

True that. 

I realize this thread is in its comedy phase, but let me briefly return to the actual topic to say say that yes, doing LabGab as a visual podcast is a good idea, AND YES, LL should put a little effort into making it more visually interesting.  Cutaways to RL supporting material would be good. And much better anims, some of which triggered by participants.  Get up and and PACE when excited, Brad!  Use facial expressions, @Strawberry Linden!  And have the camera move to capture them!

I have long felt that LL should commission many custom animations for their own use.  Certainly really good sits and gestures for their own podcasts and events. E.g. For the shamefully unexploited MoTown partnership, there should have been new Funk dances to use during DJ parties. Etc..  And they should contract with one of the better SL users of anims (a dancer or a furniture builder, for example) to select the best commercial animations available to use in their builds and events.  @Abnor Mole, I cringe when I sit on the benches in Olde Belli.  I tend to replace the anims in the benches in Belli Content Creation packs with a set of much better ones I've culled from other products.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:
21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Honestly, if it were changed to "audio only", then people would complain that "Second Life is a visual media, can't they be bothered to use their own platform? Are they ashamed of it? Does the CEO even log into it?".

Expand  

True that. 

I realize this thread is in its comedy phase, but let me briefly return to the actual topic

Thanks, I was indeed quite serious. 👍🏾❤️

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Please call me Sandor. Bagnu is my login name, and I can't stand it lol. I never knew it would be used for anything more than logging in when I created my account. I would change it, but I can't justify the expense!!!

• Like 1

This is 13 years old and I don't keep up with VR but I'm under impression something like this would work with that now too, and would be well worth the investment either way, even if it's just inhouse

Edited by Ineffable Mote

50 minutes ago, Ineffable Mote said:

This is 13 years old and I don't keep up with VR but I'm under impression something like this would work with that now too, and would be well worth the investment either way, even if it's just inhouse

Noooooo, that would be absolute proof that I trip over my own feet regularly.  I tell people I am clumsy in real life, but this would prove it beyond a doubt.  I guess I could just stand in the back of a club and only clap my hands.  I couldn't actually hurt myself doing that, right? Right?

For a seated interview, some hand motions might be nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Noooooo, that would be absolute proof that I trip over my own feet regularly.  I tell people I am clumsy in real life, but this would prove it beyond a doubt.  I guess I could just stand in the back of a club and only clap my hands.  I couldn't actually hurt myself doing that, right? Right?

For a seated interview, some hand motions might be nice.

LOL, and you KNOW I would have you wearing heels!!!

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You could ask...  

To the topic, though:  seeing some body language would help if it was the actual body language of the person talking and not a canned animation 

That would work so much better. LL is not a financially small organization. They simply need to put effort into SL, Body motion tracking isn't very expensive to do. This is where i think complacency comes in. LL might feel they are preaching to the converted, and it's not necessary to put in effort creating a video to keep us here. And IMHO, they are correct if they think that. It's all of US that keep each other here. No Lab Gab video, however exciting or boring, made by LL will make me stay or leave.

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Please call me Sandor. Bagnu is my login name, and I can't stand it lol. I never knew it would be used for anything more than logging in when I created my account. I would change it, but I can't justify the expense!!!

Can I just call you 'Bag'?    ;0

• Haha 1

I mean, generally speaking, I am fine with how Lab Gab is produced and I am totally fine with the format. Especially with my ADHD, when you have that talk show look, and you have someone asking questions and then someone answering. It's much easier to intake info, than the ideas that are being thrown around. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well...a cross between Sandor & Bagnu could be SandBag   :)

Lol, my name is Wren...Sandor Wren...

I wish I looked like Sean Connery or Roger Moore in their younger days though!!! Or even their older days!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean, generally speaking, I am fine with how Lab Gab is produced and I am totally fine with the format. Especially with my ADHD, when you have that talk show look, and you have someone asking questions and then someone answering. It's much easier to intake info, than the ideas that are being thrown around. 

There's a good idea, a multi-camera format that does close-ups on speakers as they talk. Like a real interview. Instead of one angle on all avatars (like now), so that you have to pay attention to which one is talking by looking for the voice indicator.

I like that idea!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1