Give me your honest opinion

Clem Marques

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone.

Ever since I upgraded my avatar to mesh and got a Lelutka head a couple of years ago, I've worn a scar on my face. I never thought much of it, just liked how it added some asymmetry to my appearance. Recently, a friend said I'd look better without the scar. I tested that out, and I think he might have a point. Not sure though. Took two pictures that look exactly the same except for the scar, to make the comparison easier. :D

I'd love to hear your honest opinion on this. What looks better: scar or no scar?

Thanks in advance.

vintagegothicwallpaper2_001.thumb.png.6a85aaad46ca7e7243854a3513bad61e.png

vintagegothicwallpaper2_002.thumb.png.983a20a80bcae6f7ed01057d92ed8871.png

• Like 3

Honestly, they both look fine.  Neither one is better than the other to me.  It's only mattered to me if I thought my avatar looked good or not.  People have often said I look better with hair although I love how my avatar looks with simple hairbases.  Some like it, some don't.  My opinion is the only one that matters to me.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I think additions such as the scar are often an attempt to tell something about the avatar or the user. As such, it makes your avatar more interesting. If he were a RP character it might signal that he's been in battle or had a rough life. Some people want to signal something like this about their RL self too. Thus people seeing the scar will probably wonder what it means, which will mean they are at least thinking about you and your avatar. Some people might be turned off by any kind of injury or deformity on an avatar, but those might be the kind of people you'd rather weed out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I like to see avatars that are a little bit different in some way, and a scar is a great example of that.

But the advantage of SL is adaptability to the circumstances. Unlike RL, you can simply remove the scar on ocasions in which it doesn't seem appropriate, and put it back on when it does. You don't have to choose one or the other - choose both!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like to make my skins different from the 'perfect features' of most skins.  I won't pay the 700-900 that the skinners want to charge for a head either. I did shell out for a Modelesque Velour body skin, because I love the tummy, but my head has a freebie.  Then I add all sorts of BoM add-ons, mainly from Izzie's, to put in the freckles, creases, veins, and spots.

So my take on your head is 'great', whichever one you want.  I like the cuts, they add character.

• Thanks 1

I'm likely preaching to the choir at this point. Still, throwing my 2 L$ into the pot, I have to say that, your avatar, therefore your choice. That being said, the scars tell a story, and I wouldn't mind hearing about it over a virtual mead. 😃 Or even Romulan Ale. o.o Or Blue Milk. ^_~

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SlammedSam said:

the scars tell a story,

Here's a possible story the scars could tell to anyone who @Clem Marques meets that doesn't "like" the scars:

1. I got these scars before I met you; I have a life besides my relationship with you.

2. Do me a favor, and treat me in such a way that I do not end up with more scars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imperfections are like anything else.. Someone is always gonna find something to like or dislike  on a first impression, imperfections or not.. So go for broke and enjoy what you enjoy..

Look what trying to be perfect got so many movie stars in Hollywood.. Many of them can't even frown anymore.. hehehe

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.