Favorite Food / Food Items in Second Life

On 4/16/2024 at 4:00 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

What are your favorite Food items in Second Life?

I don't have many, so am looking to expand my inventory.  Most of my Second Life "builds" that I have purchased only come with "drink dispensers" (whether alcohol, or coffee, etc.)

Plus, people can post and discuss foods they "use" in Second Life, because in some cases, they cannot eat those foods in RL!

Oi, I have lots.  But I have a few out at my mini golf course- my ring pops are probably my oldest favorite giver.  I finally picked a snow cone I love but it doesn't give out anything, it's attach only.  I got my hot dog vendor a few weeks back during a weekend sale and it's the cutest thing ever.  The little person in the weenie suit calls out every so often "HOT DOG!" & my hearing isn't the best, and at first I couldn't figure out how someone was yelling on my parcel without being there.  :D 

Snapshot_001.png

• Thanks 1

there was an an Italian Restaurant in SL that I  used to go to back in the day when roleplaying.  I would bring my  "roleplay dates" off the roleplay sim to this place,, which I got lectured about later by mods of the sim i was in,  it was my favorite place for food.  Bella's Bisto I think i was called.  not sure if its still around. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, usedcars said:

there was an an Italian Restaurant in SL that I  used to go to back in the day when roleplaying.  I would bring my  "roleplay dates" off the roleplay sim to this place,, which I got lectured about later by mods of the sim i was in,  it was my favorite place for food.  Bella's Bisto I think i was called.  not sure if its still around. 

I used to go to Bella's, too!  Unfortunately, it closed.  Restaurants seem to open and close all the time, but Bella's was around for over 10 years before it finally went under.

My favorite place to roleplay a coffee date now is the little cafe on the lake at Calas Galadhon.

For food, I like everything at the What Next shop.  Also, the What Next group is like 150L, but it's the best deal in SL groups, because of all the group gifts they have.  I join it, and grab everything in the group gifts area, and leave, then to back maybe once a year, and rejoin for a bit to grab the new stuff.

• Like 1

In case you haven't peeked yet, there's lots of yummy-looking food in this round of Happy Weekend.

I'm trying to ignore that fact as I can't really decorate the way I want to in-world right now (hopefully I can fix my PC next week grrr), but...but...it all looks so GOOD.

I swearrrr, when I can get back in there regularly, I'm making a food cottage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, SL foodstuffs! =D

What Next and Dust Bunny have lots of nice items. Pew Pew is also nice. I also have my own homebrew Donut Replicator, that looks like something out of OG Star Trek and Jetsons.

In, as one says, the space station lounge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favourite food item is always the last one given to me by some prop I tentatively clicked while exploring. It's irrationally (I'm sure there's a scientific explanation, though, like our brains being easy to fool) amazing how a virtual cup of coffee in the hand of my avi can cause a little happy moment. I've never tried a diet of just looking at my avi with 🍰 though, instead of eating cake irl, maybe I should :)

• Like 2

all solid choices above.

For the sake of inventory expansion, there's also Fancy Decor's group gift anniversary cakes.  There's usually a reason to put out a cake.  Cake o'clock being the best reason. 

cake.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 6:05 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Okay, so...there's no way I can post photos for everything I own because that'd basically make this thread about 100 pages. THAT SAID THO, I can post some! I use both food as a decor item and I like the occasional holdables, if they aren't too annoying.

For decorating, I'll either set out cooking-in-progress type items (pots and pans on the stove, baking stuff all over the counter, pies in the oven/on window sills, etc.), or I'll make cute little bar carts with a mix of alcohol and small plates on them and throw them all over the house. If I'm really feeling spicy, I'll design whole breakfast nooks with coffee and espresso machines and breakfast items. I don't decorate too much for holidays, but I might be convinced to throw down some Christmas cakes or fall donuts or soup. Oh, and I did once attempt to fill a massive see-through refrigerator that took up an entire wall of the kitchen, but ain't nobody got prims for that. 😂

@Love Zhaoying If you're just starting out with buying food - take your butt to Dust Bunny immediately. Or actually, maybe wait for a sale. Sometimes you can find the occasional yolo sale there where everything will drop to 50L. 👀

Ok so I'll just do this by store and include a few samples that I own from each. 

Dust Bunny: Excellent for full meals, snacks, desserts, breakfast, takeout, dispensers, drinks, cooking-in-progress, kitchen appliances, and full table and counter settings. Old gachas look just as good as the newer items, in many cases, too, so peep the MP for those or buy the complete packs in-store.

dust bunny @ anthem

dust bunny @ uber

dust bunny for C88

dust bunny @ the epiphany

dust bunny @ fameshed

What Next: Like Dust Bunny, excellent for everything. I'm partial to their desserts, though.

What Next - Fall Hand pies

What Next. Apple Pie

What Next Milkshake Maker - NEW for FLF

Hangry: Good for snacks, dispensers, and held small plates.

Hangry // Boo Ya Cookies @ FLF-o-Ween

Apple Fall: Cakes and breakfast, mostly.

af_eggs.jpg

afmp_pancakeboard.jpg

Hive: Holdable drinks - especially tea/coffee

hive // coffee on the go UPDATED | mainstore

No. 59: DRANKS

WINE Bordeaux

Espressomachine M-DS

Special shoutouts (I can't even remember what exactly I have from these places and/or there aren't any photos available) - Nutmeg, Andika, Bazar (their table settings/plates rez their own food), Maya's (includes food with her houses, which I greatly appreciate as it looks delish), Anc, Junk Food, Movement, Aphrodite, ALUORA for their full perm mesh strawberries, and EVHAH because I really really want your BBQs but I haven't bought them yet - the food that's included with them looks SO GOOD OMG.

I know I'm forgetting places. But you get the gist of it. I buy a LOT OF FOOD. 😂

Thanks, just bought something from almost all these stores!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 6:27 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

Give me a couple hours until I get home from work to check my inventory.

I see Apple Fall, Dust Bunny, and What Next were already mentioned. Off the top of my head, there's Lucas Lameth, and that soup bowl in my houseboat that I can't recall the name of.

Thanks, got something from your suggestions!

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 3:45 AM, Marianne Little said:

Yes, Lucas Lameth's Tomato soup & grilled cheese set is one of my favorites.

(Luc.)%20Tomato%20Soup%20&%20Grilled%20C

And I have a lot of Kraftwork's stuff. Fridge fillers, pantry modules, kitchen clutter, buffets, wine cabinets, all sorts of food.

KraftWork Foodie Love for The Saturday Sale

NEW KraftWork Snack Pool Tray at The Food Court NEW! KraftWork Brazilian Feijoada at The Food Court

Thanks, got something from KraftWork!

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks, just bought something from almost all these stores!

Was it you who said something about a barbecue?

What Next has an awesome one that changes texture when the food is thoroughly cooked.

{what next} Caliente Mini BBQ & Picnic Plates for FLF

And Evhah has one with PG (or adult, if that's your thing) solo and couple cooking animations and utensils. The food looks SO GOOODDDDDDD too. Ignore the cheap price, though. This is from Flickr 2022. I think it's closer to 450L or something, but don't quote me.

image.thumb.png.5ab067c87c8e87278f518c19c7bf73e5.png

• Thanks 1

OMG SL food is one of my biggest obsessions. Probably one of the biggest things that made me stick around back in the day haha. I love anything from What Next, Nutmeg, Apple Fall... those shops make such delicious looking things! Also Merak has been good about food lately, oh and can't forget Dust Bunny. With Dust Bunny, I recommend checking their 50l sales when those drop because they sometimes sell whole fatpacks of food items just for that price!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JulsToffy said:

OMG SL food is one of my biggest obsessions. Probably one of the biggest things that made me stick around back in the day haha. I love anything from What Next, Nutmeg, Apple Fall... those shops make such delicious looking things! Also Merak has been good about food lately, oh and can't forget Dust Bunny. With Dust Bunny, I recommend checking their 50l sales when those drop because they sometimes sell whole fatpacks of food items just for that price!

Yaaaaaaaas, the Dust Bunny sales are fantastic. Also forgot to mention their group gifts. 

• Like 2