Favorite Food / Food Items in Second Life

What are your favorite Food items in Second Life?

I don't have many, so am looking to expand my inventory.  Most of my Second Life "builds" that I have purchased only come with "drink dispensers" (whether alcohol, or coffee, etc.)

Plus, people can post and discuss foods they "use" in Second Life, because in some cases, they cannot eat those foods in RL!

• Like 6

OMG I'M SO ON IT. Food in SL is my favoritest thing EVAAAAAAAAAR.

Lemme go find photos of my food and I'll respond properly. I'd run in-world and take pics but, we're talking hundreds of items and I'm still on this laptop, so...LOL. WHEE BRB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't eat food in SL that doesn't look appetizing. I won't even attach it to my avatar unless it makes me look good. Shoving a glass into my ear does not make me look good.  This pictures shows appetizing food. It satisfied my hunger so much I forgot to eat in RL

Solar.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I had a bottle of vodka and after 2 or 3 glugs, your avatar would start staggering around :) I also had a cigarette that burned out, though I've never smoked IRL 🥴

A MASSIVE taco, which was more like a giant doner kebab, which I probably got from Freebie Galaxy xD And some nice ice creams with really colourful texturing 🍦 Oh, and a fish and chips carton where the fish was a skeleton 🐟 

ETA - I've just remembered also, the neko fishbone-in-your-lips attachment!

I went to a vampire wedding once and they had a sit-down meal at the reception (wine and soup and lobster) which was actually quite nice, but a bit surreal! 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I almost always.have lemons out for decoration.  Aside from those, I love prop food but only for photos.  I'm not one to stand around somewhere with a tray of sushi and chopsticks, munching away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm not one to stand around somewhere with a tray of sushi and chopsticks, munching away.

OMG! You just reminded me of those "fish head/bone" attachments, which people wear sticking out of their mouths! (It's a Japanese thing..)

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't have many, so am looking to expand my inventory.

"What's Next" do wonderful cheese cakes, and cakes,, "Hangry" do a fair bit too, but for overall variety, you want to visit "Junk Food".

JF do just about everything, more variety of burgers, pizzas, candy, cakes, tacos, Chinese Takeout, and everything else, than you can easily count.

Takeout.jpg

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't have many, so am looking to expand my inventory.  Most of my Second Life "builds" that I have purchased only come with "drink dispensers" (whether alcohol, or coffee, etc.)

The Manly weekend sale has some nice food plates almost every week for discount prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"What's Next" do wonderful cheese cakes, and cakes,, "Hangry" do a fair bit too, but for overall variety, you want to visit "Junk Food".

JF do just about everything, more variety of burgers, pizzas, candy, cakes, tacos, Chinese Takeout, and everything else, than you can easily count.

Wow, "Junk Food" has some awesome stuffs!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/150026

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm not one to stand around somewhere with a tray of sushi and chopsticks, munching away.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wow, "Junk Food" has some awesome stuffs!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/150026

More in world, and weird gifts too, like the "2 seat bench about to be eaten by a giant shark". The place is really worth a visit, not just junk food at JF, they have booze, picnic sets, fridges, bongs, you name it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, so...there's no way I can post photos for everything I own because that'd basically make this thread about 100 pages. THAT SAID THO, I can post some! I use both food as a decor item and I like the occasional holdables, if they aren't too annoying.

For decorating, I'll either set out cooking-in-progress type items (pots and pans on the stove, baking stuff all over the counter, pies in the oven/on window sills, etc.), or I'll make cute little bar carts with a mix of alcohol and small plates on them and throw them all over the house. If I'm really feeling spicy, I'll design whole breakfast nooks with coffee and espresso machines and breakfast items. I don't decorate too much for holidays, but I might be convinced to throw down some Christmas cakes or fall donuts or soup. Oh, and I did once attempt to fill a massive see-through refrigerator that took up an entire wall of the kitchen, but ain't nobody got prims for that. 😂

@Love Zhaoying If you're just starting out with buying food - take your butt to Dust Bunny immediately. Or actually, maybe wait for a sale. Sometimes you can find the occasional yolo sale there where everything will drop to 50L. 👀

Ok so I'll just do this by store and include a few samples that I own from each. 

Dust Bunny: Excellent for full meals, snacks, desserts, breakfast, takeout, dispensers, drinks, cooking-in-progress, kitchen appliances, and full table and counter settings. Old gachas look just as good as the newer items, in many cases, too, so peep the MP for those or buy the complete packs in-store.

dust bunny @ anthem

dust bunny @ uber

dust bunny for C88

dust bunny @ the epiphany

dust bunny @ fameshed

What Next: Like Dust Bunny, excellent for everything. I'm partial to their desserts, though.

What Next - Fall Hand pies

What Next. Apple Pie

What Next Milkshake Maker - NEW for FLF

Hangry: Good for snacks, dispensers, and held small plates.

Hangry // Boo Ya Cookies @ FLF-o-Ween

Apple Fall: Cakes and breakfast, mostly.

af_eggs.jpg

afmp_pancakeboard.jpg

Hive: Holdable drinks - especially tea/coffee

hive // coffee on the go UPDATED | mainstore

No. 59: DRANKS

WINE Bordeaux

Espressomachine M-DS

Special shoutouts (I can't even remember what exactly I have from these places and/or there aren't any photos available) - Nutmeg, Andika, Bazar (their table settings/plates rez their own food), Maya's (includes food with her houses, which I greatly appreciate as it looks delish), Anc, Junk Food, Movement, Aphrodite, ALUORA for their full perm mesh strawberries, and EVHAH because I really really want your BBQs but I haven't bought them yet - the food that's included with them looks SO GOOD OMG.

I know I'm forgetting places. But you get the gist of it. I buy a LOT OF FOOD. 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Okay, so...there's no way I can post photos for everything I own because that'd basically make this thread about 100 pages. THAT SAID THO, I can post some! I use both food as a decor item and I like the occasional holdables, if they aren't too annoying.

For decorating, I'll either set out cooking-in-progress type items (pots and pans on the stove, baking stuff all over the counter, pies in the oven/on window sills, etc.), or I'll make cute little bar carts with a mix of alcohol and small plates on them and throw them all over the house. If I'm really feeling spicy, I'll design whole breakfast nooks with coffee and espresso machines and breakfast items. I don't decorate too much for holidays, but I might be convinced to throw down some Christmas cakes or fall donuts or soup. Oh, and I did once attempt to fill a massive see-through refrigerator that took up an entire wall of the kitchen, but ain't nobody got prims for that. 😂

@Love Zhaoying If you're just starting out with buying food - take your butt to Dust Bunny immediately. Or actually, maybe wait for a sale. Sometimes you can find the occasional yolo sale there where everything will drop to 50L. 👀

Ok so I'll just do this by store and include a few samples that I own from each. 

Dust Bunny: Excellent for full meals, snacks, desserts, breakfast, takeout, dispensers, drinks, cooking-in-progress, kitchen appliances, and full table and counter settings. Old gachas look just as good as the newer items, in many cases, too, so peep the MP for those or buy the complete packs in-store.

dust bunny @ anthem

dust bunny @ uber

dust bunny for C88

dust bunny @ the epiphany

dust bunny @ fameshed

What Next: Like Dust Bunny, excellent for everything. I'm partial to their desserts, though.

What Next - Fall Hand pies

What Next. Apple Pie

What Next Milkshake Maker - NEW for FLF

Hangry: Good for snacks, dispensers, and held small plates.

Hangry // Boo Ya Cookies @ FLF-o-Ween

Apple Fall: Cakes and breakfast, mostly.

af_eggs.jpg

afmp_pancakeboard.jpg

Hive: Holdable drinks - especially tea/coffee

hive // coffee on the go UPDATED | mainstore

No. 59: DRANKS

WINE Bordeaux

Espressomachine M-DS

Special shoutouts (I can't even remember what exactly I have from these places and/or there aren't any photos available) - Nutmeg, Andika, Bazar (their table settings/plates rez their own food), Maya's (includes food with her houses, which I greatly appreciate as it looks delish), Anc, Junk Food, Movement, Aphrodite, ALUORA for their full perm mesh strawberries, and EVHAH because I really really want your BBQs but I haven't bought them yet - the food that's included with them looks SO GOOD OMG.

I know I'm forgetting places. But you get the gist of it. I buy a LOT OF FOOD. 😂

Thanks for all the recommendations! @Zalificent Corvinusalso recommended Hangry!