Ratio: Bots to people

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

What are some of your best guesses about the ratio of bots to humans in SL these days?

Are you starting a thread to pick on "filthy bots" or "filthy Tiny empire players and their filthy alts"?

Historically, Concurrency figure fluctuations suggest a people to bot ratio of 10 to 1 or more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

What are some of your best guesses about the ratio of bots to humans in SL these days?

Wow those are some good shots. anyway seen a good estimate to be about 1 to 1, so as many bots as there is live avatars but really depends on how one defines a bot as there are plenty of avatars that act like a bot. Couple more years of AI and one may get better conversations out of a bot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Are you starting a thread to pick on "filthy bots" or "filthy Tiny empire players and their filthy alts"?

How about "guessing the current ratio of bots to people"?

No need to get so defensive, unless some of those circles are you.

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Historically, Concurrency figure fluctuations suggest a people to bot ratio of 10 to 1 or more.

id have suggested that 90% of logins are bots, or alts used to inflate traffic numbers at clubs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

500 to 1 :o 

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Couple more years of AI and one may get better conversations out of a bot.

That will be the next big SL business...scripted bot friends...🤖 You can choose their appearance and behaviour (serious and quiet, or funny and extrovert), even down to how long they wait until they IM you when you log on...and they won't defriend you if you ignore them for weeks ;)

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

will be the next big SL business...scripted bot friends...🤖 You can choose their appearance and behaviour (serious and quiet, or funny and extrovert), even down to how long they wait until they IM you when you log on...and they won't defriend you if you ignore them for weeks ;)

I mean, I think I posted about this before, that’s not too crazy of an idea, and other games, notably other social worlds have done that

habbo introduced them in 2012 for users to buy, though they had been ingame since the release of the game

IMG_1953.png.4d10e2384f98df7c589f871158c95ebe.png

smallworlds had programmable NPCs in like 2010, 

IMG_1952.webp.720e8ebfa598ca44880fc6883908be69.webp

They can get pretty advanced using ingame tools, smallworlds was pretty complex out of the box and could do a lot if you spent the time to program them. But with habbos bots they can get very complex in capability but not chatting, they can be integrated with “wired” items, which as a side note is kinda like physical scripting with blocks, dependent on stack order and tile placement:

IMG_1954.thumb.jpeg.887126d68a3b5b5bdfba54125ecd7d54.jpeg

it’s not out of the question at all for AI integrated bots to become actual products in SL, that’s something people would totally use

Edited by gwynchisholm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You asked each of the dots if they were human? That just crazy!

Nah, but if we are going to base bot to human ratio by dots on a map with bots predominately in the ocean,  I thought I would include a couple map screenshots zoomed really far out.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

How did you get all those dots to show at that zoomed out distance?  What viewer?  The Big Map green dots go away as you zoom out on my FS viewer.

CoolVL, I was surprised when I first used it a few months ago and started seeing dots popping up all over the place.  It is pretty cool, in the minimap it also shows animesh as purple dots, and vehicles I believe as red dots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

How about "guessing the current ratio of bots to people"?

No need to get so defensive, unless some of those circles are you.

I'm not being defensive, stop projecting.

I really wanted to know your intent. You show a map picture showing Tiny Empires players. That's what those are, this has been discussed to death over and over and over.

The map is NOT accurate in the placement of green dots on its display, the not-quite circles are loose groups of avatars, the straight lines are "stacks" that the map uses when a group of avatars are so close together that it would look like ONE dot on the map.

The question of ratios, was pretty much answered back during the "great bot viewer outage".

A collection of clueless bloody idiots noticed that concurrency on a Tuesday afternoon GMT, was 27k, and that on a Saturday evening GMT was 55k, so the clueless bloody idiot screamed...

"Ohmahgerd! Ovah half of SL aah filthy bots!"

FilthyBot!.thumb.jpg.2261244f9f8e61d74b49b6e7ae055975.jpg

Problem is if the clueless bloody idiots had compared Tuesday afternoon during the bot outage with Tuesday afternoon the week before and the week after, they would have seen the concurrency drop due to the bot outage was only about 3000, not 25k plus.

People outnumber bots.

However just because they are real people does not mean they will move about, or talk to clueless bloody idiots.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

. You show a map picture showing Tiny Empires players.

Are they Tiny Empire players or Tiny Empire player bots? Still just a bot as their only use is to play the game.

There been others who during outages when the grid was at 30K concurrency then noticed hours later that there were still 15K logged in leading to the speculation that 50% were bots or were so unaware that they couldn't do anything that they may as well have been bots.

Bottom line is that only about half of the available concurrency is available for socialization or can be considered for adding to the actual economy for real estate or Creator sales.

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Are they Tiny Empire players or Tiny Empire player bots? Still just a bot as their only use is to play the game.

Just because an avatar doesn't go to a jazz club, or fly vehicles, or talk to strangers, doesn't make it "a bot". A bot is an avatar controlled by an external script or application. "Scripted Agent". You can't just change the definition of "bot" to move the goal posts.

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

There been others who during outages when the grid was at 30K concurrency then noticed hours later that there were still 15K logged in leading to the speculation that 50% were bots or were so unaware that they couldn't do anything that they may as well have been bots.

And again with shifting goal posts. So, there's a login outage, surprise, some people already logged in, stay logged in, oh the horror!

Why don't they log out and then try in vain to log back in like "normal people"? Because they don't NEED to, If I'm online, chatting with a half dozen friends at a hangout, and "Grid status: We broke logins again", I'll just stay at the hangout chatting with friends, doing so does NOT make me a "bot".

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Bottom line is that only about half of the available concurrency is available for socialization

Refusing to talk to OVER-ENTITLED Time-Leech Social Vampire Clueless Bloody Idiots, does NOT make somebody a "bot".

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

or can be considered for adding to the actual economy for real estate or Creator sales.

Do you have AANY evidence for any of that? No? Didn't think so.

Congratulations on a Four-Face-Palm post. You may now sneer smugly at people who have only achieved a Triple-Face-Palm.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Just because an avatar doesn't go to a jazz club, or fly vehicles, or talk to strangers, doesn't make it "a bot". A bot is an avatar controlled by an external script or application. "Scripted Agent". You can't just change the definition of "bot" to move the goal posts.

And again with shifting goal posts. So, there's a login outage, surprise, some people already logged in, stay logged in, oh the horror!

Why don't they log out and then try in vain to log back in like "normal people"? Because they don't NEED to, If I'm online, chatting with a half dozen friends at a hangout, and "Grid status: We broke logins again", I'll just stay at the hangout chatting with friends, doing so does NOT make me a "bot".

Refusing to talk to OVER-ENTITLED Time-Leech Social Vampire Clueless Bloody Idiots, does NOT make somebody a "bot".

Do you have AANY evidence for any of that? No? Didn't think so.

Congratulations on a Four-Face-Palm post. You may now sneer smugly at people who have only achieved a Triple-Face-Palm.

You're assuming Tiny Empire player bots can't be scripted?

You're assuming a login issue only vs multiple services?

You're assuming avatars could still communicate? The outage I was referring to that was not possible.

You're assuming a socially clueless avatar might not as well be a bot for all practical intents and purposes?

You're assuming one who does not chat to others because they might be  OVER-ENTITLED Time-Leech Social Vampire Clueless Bloody Idiots, actually has any friends at all?

You're assuming you have evidence of the converse? Not bloody likely.

Congratulation, a 6 face palm response, that is a record even for you.

• Haha 1

You're assuming Tiny Empire player bots can't be scripted?

You're assuming Tiny Empires players are all bots, with no evidence to support that claim.

You're assuming a login issue only vs multiple services?

You're assuming that all "real people" automatically log out if the Grid has any issues. That's clearly not the case.

You're assuming avatars could still communicate? The outage I was referring to that was not possible.

You're assuming that "communicating" is the ONLY reason to log in. Smells like Time-Leech Social Vampirism to me.

You're assuming a socially clueless avatar might not as well be a bot for all practical intents and purposes?

You're assuming anyone who doesn't want to talk to you "might as well be a bot". That's not true at all, as not talking to YOU doesn't mean they are not talking to anybody, nor does it mean they are any kind  of a "bot". There is a well known forum feline who admits they spend most of their time on their parcel, scripting. According yo your Face-Palm thinking, that would mean they were a "filthy bot".

You're assuming one who does not chat to others because they might be  OVER-ENTITLED Time-Leech Social Vampire Clueless Bloody Idiots, actually has any friends at all?

Refusing to talk to Time Leech Social Vampires doesn't mean you don't have friends, it just means you have STANDARDS.

You're assuming you have evidence of the converse? Not bloody likely.

No, I'm assuming that since you have NO evidence, your spurious claim is as unreliable as pretty much every claim you ever make.

Congratulation, a 6 face palm response, that is a record even for you.

No face palms at all, all your NON-points are laughable.

So that would be a 7 face palm for you. Contest over.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.