Nobody goes to the Community Exhibition in WelcomeHub.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Yeah that would be too scary for those sensitive Newbies I suppose.  But I think you are right, CE is mainly for minority groups with largely empty regions.  If they want to do something, they can use the Destination Guide.  SL did promote the Adult Boys Town though, which fits into your minority category. The only region with any activity was the Adult Gay Bar. 

There are very few regions in SL with constant action going on.
Most of them are event driven IMHO.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

There is a "show the Dump-stination guide" button in every viewer already.

The welcomehub is made for newbies who don't know about buttons yet.
Some even can't figure out how to walk by themselves. Let alone they explore the possibilities of the viewers already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Some even can't figure out how to walk by themselves. Let alone they explore the possibilities of the viewers already.

I bet the WelcomeHub becomes an interesting place once people are able to signup using the Mobile app! (Its navigation is not as straightforward for things like walking.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Some even can't figure out how to walk by themselves.

If clicking a button is too hard, if using the cursor keys is too hard, they really don't belong here.

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I bet the WelcomeHub becomes an interesting place once people are able to signup using the Mobile app! (Its navigation is not as straightforward for things like walking.)

Yeah just what SL needs, people who can't learn basic movement.

Another reason to cancel the whole MobileLife Fail-Viewer program.

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If clicking a button is too hard, if using the cursor keys is too hard, they really don't belong here.

In a world where people are actively damaging their attention span on TikTok and engaging in pointless culture wars on Twitter and YouTube, getting those people unhooked from those platforms and learning to enjoy old fashioned computers, socializing and creating in the virtual world will probably do them some good.

If they've gotten as far as registering and logging in, that's a good sign they wanted to at least try it. Maybe they've never played a video game before, or grown up on an iPad.

I think as long as they're willing to learn, give them the tools to learn. Otherwise, where else will they learn? Some other game?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yeah just what SL needs, people who can't learn basic movement.

Another reason to cancel the whole MobileLife Fail-Viewer program.

You want to end up being alone in your Fail Second Life in the end?  :D

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Back to the topic, the news that the virtue-Signalling Hub now has an exhibit of anti-mainlander propaganda from the BBB, is quite disappointing, and another reason to never go there.

Was the angry lady in the red jumpsuit there? She hated Mainlanders.

Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:

I went to the Community Exhibition in WelcomeHub.
I searched around but couldn't find any exhibits at all, did I miss something or is this a WIP?

It is there already, but the layout of the WelcomeHub islands is a bit confusing and desorientating to say the least.
Here is the link to it. Community Exhibition at the Welcome Hub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

the layout of the WelcomeHub islands is a bit confusing and desorientating to say the least.

Ironic, since rather than being "disorienting", it is supposed to be "orienting"!

32 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I went to the Community Exhibition in WelcomeHub.
I searched around but couldn't find any exhibits at all, did I miss something or is this a WIP?

There were only 8 exhibits when I went (IIRC). It was off to the side from the main WH path, I believe. I used a link from the original announcement or probably wouldn't have found it either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

It is there already, but the layout of the WelcomeHub islands is a bit confusing and desorientating to say the least.
Here is the link to it. Community Exhibition at the Welcome Hub.

Thank you, I tpd in on the other side of the barrier!
Actually the displays that are available look well done to me, and there was a newbie looking around when I was there.
Maybe this is just about getting more groups involved?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Thank you, I tpd in on the other side of the barrier!
Actually the displays that are available look well done to me, and there was a newbie looking around when I was there.
Maybe this is just about getting more groups involved?

The idea is perfect in my opinion. Show as much of the diversity and possibilities of SL in a compact space.
Sadly not all groups in SL are newb friendly or even know that this exibition exists. Only a small percentage of people reads the forums and the blogs here.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 3:04 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Macrame art?! Most of us are still making macaroni art.

My mom (mid 80s) still has a piece of macaroni art I made in grade one. She said she knew I'd be an artist at that point. Mom, it's macaroni glued to cardboard that looks vaguely like a cat. Or dog. Or dinosaur. Or a self portrait. *shrugs*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

My mom (mid 80s) still has a piece of macaroni art I made in grade one. She said she knew I'd be an artist at that point. Mom, it's macaroni glued to cardboard that looks vaguely like a cat. Or dog. Or dinosaur. Or a self portrait. *shrugs*

Using Elmer's glue, right?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Back to the topic, the news that the virtue-Signalling Hub now has an exhibit of anti-mainlander propaganda from the BBB, is quite disappointing, and another reason to never go there.

I went and looked. The exhibit I saw has a big sign out front saying "Get Your Second Life Passport Here!!". Some new arrivals might get the idea that one actually needs a Second Life passport. A bit misleading, perhaps? I did not find the exhibit excessively anti-mainlander, rather, I found it "meh". The part of the BBB that is useful to me is the tips on  decorating/building. Note that there is also a forum thread on that topic which is very useful to some.

I also watched the video and noticed that the BBB has "kind recognition" from Lindens and Moles. Can one apply for that?

bbb.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

It's worse. Some don't even know how to shout! 😏

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Maybe she was just super intuitive!

I remember a little bunny I created, carved out of soap and painted blue, that adorned the bathroom cabinet for years...lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

I also watched the video and noticed that the BBB has "kind recognition" from Lindens and Moles. Can one apply for that?

Make something as good as Bellisseria and apply.

1. The BBB did not make Bellisseria, Linden Lab did that.

2. I did make something good and it appears to be more popular than passports.

bellibinsales.jpg.2e2081a39484b44cb3eadfa80bba3406.jpg

bbbpassports.thumb.jpg.bc46e8c6aa4ea25a227374c154c906a4.jpg

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.