The most used PG keyword - Sim Search

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 86 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yuck.

I'm pretty sure well have all that technology in the world and SL will still require a desktop computer due to compatibility issues.

At the risk of putting this thread back on the train tracks ... Midnoot, did you try typing chat in places, that sure makes a lot of places come up.

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta
  • Like 1

Also, have you tried the gridwide survey thingy? It lists regions that don't even appear in an inworld search. 101861 regions are listed, currently.

https://gridsurvey.com/index.php

I wish it had more specific data more easily available, but hey. All regions listed in alphabetical order. Can always just play it like the lottery and explore them all in order.

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Anyway, this is all besides the points. I guess nobody here even searches for places ,lol.

Okay then, it's not the advice you want, so the answer is no. A big fat no.

Because we're all so stupid and unhelpful that we probably don't even do any of this stuff.

You're right, you can figure it out yourself better. See ya~!

Guys, I have NO IDEA how this guy isn't loaded with friends and people to talk to. I give up.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Also, have you tried the gridwide survey thingy? It lists regions that don't even appear in an inworld search. 101861 regions are listed, currently.

https://gridsurvey.com/index.php

I wish it had more specific data more easily available, but hey. All regions listed in alphabetical order. Can always just play it like the lottery and explore them all in order.

Yeah . I tried this for hours . It was futile . Every place was empty. XD....... and felt like private residence  ..

8 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Okay then, it's not the advice you want, so the answer is no. A big fat no.

Because we're all so stupid and unhelpful that we probably don't even do any of this stuff.

You're right, you can figure it out yourself better. See ya~!

I didn't say dat!. I've just tried these methods that have been listed , thoroughly.  Hours , days , weeks of repeating them like some insane person .

Edited by Midnoot

25 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Yuck.

I'm pretty sure well have all that technology in the world and SL will still require a desktop computer due to compatibility issues.

At the risk of putting this thread back on the train tracks ... Midnoot, did you try typing chat in places, that sure makes a lot of places come up.

Chat and hangout were my main words p:

21 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Guys, I have NO IDEA how this guy isn't loaded with friends and people to talk to. I give up.

Lol. You added this part late .

I didn't say I needed friends . I have those , but they're mostly like me and don't have many hangouts other than the few we already know . I don't wanna sit around in the same place for decades °`°.... I want new places ... °`°

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

In 40 years, us ancient's will still be alive, because Elon Musk is working on brain transplants, with more reliable parts than we have now.  You won't need a desktop computer either, you will carry a self contained tiny desktop, implanted somewhere...  SL will still be around, since they will have wireless working by then, so just tune in...

I believe the first implants  (not transplants doh) are already installed (?, implanted?) um. https://www.reuters.com/technology/neuralink-implants-brain-chip-first-human-musk-says-2024-01-29/

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer

3 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I didn't say I needed friends . I have those , but they're mostly like me and don't have many hangouts other than the few we already know . I don't wanna sit around in the same place for decades °`°.... I want new places ... °`°

So you need places with lots of traffic so you and a handful can hang out there and not be bored. Says a lot. And yeah, I edit my posts sometimes.

I'm going to do you a favor now and stop talking to you because you obviously won't benefit from anything I say.

We are not the same.

25 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

It could be that Second Life isn't for you and maybe a MMO might be a better fit. As for keywords? I type in senior citizen and end up right where I should be. I have never been disappointed. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

It could be that Second Life isn't for you and maybe a MMO might be a better fit. As for keywords? I type in senior citizen and end up right where I should be. I have never been disappointed. ;)

If I hadn't tried all of those and burned out on them and run out of precious time , I would be in them instead , believe me . :3

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

So you need places with lots of traffic so you and a handful can hang out there and not be bored. Says a lot. And yeah, I edit my posts sometimes.

I'm going to do you a favor now and stop talking to you because you obviously won't benefit from anything I say.

We are not the same.

Idk why you're angry, honestly . Every single response from every single person was " don't use search.  Use something else instead " so it was kind of a safe bet to assume nobody actually used the search here    . I did try the things you said , except the " do the opposite of what you want and the thing you actually want might come to you " part. °`°

If you are just looking for populated regions to hang out in, you can use an alternative to doing a basic search, by simply going through Bonnie bots, they provide a detailed list of population by region, as well as the maturity rating.

https://www.bonniebots.com/regions

It is a little more work, if I were to use this I would probably do a search on the region to get a feel as to what it is used for.  Anywho, best of luck.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

If you are just looking for populated regions to hang out in, you can use an alternative to doing a basic search, by simply going through Bonnie bots, they provide a detailed list of population by region, as well as the maturity rating.

https://www.bonniebots.com/regions

It is a little more work, if I were to use this I would probably do a search on the region to get a feel as to what it is used for.  Anywho, best of luck.

It has come to this °`°..  joining the dark side of the bot legion in order to get dat sweet population density.  I might . ❤️

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Try Roblox.😁. I hear it's full of PG things to do.  And barely any senior citizens.

Sending weirdos from second life to go be with the little kids ? I should try fork knife too, right? °`°.

4 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You are obviously  way too young for SL.  Come back in 40 years and you will love the most popular generic clubs with us senior citizens.  I didn't join SL until I was 68, and found many friends, activities, and music I enjoy.  You don't have enough patience to try some of the search suggestions made here.  Another sign you are too young for SL.

So, how young does someone have to be, to be too young for SL exactly?

giphy.gif

I'm not beating the SL bushes hunting for popular music clubs, but if I were, I don't think I'd search regions for those venues, any more than I'd use it to find scenic or role-play settings.

That's what blogs are for, found through Google and by monitoring Blogger Network posts in the Community News blog. The existence of that particular Linden blog suggests that the Lab is aware that Search isn't an efficient way to find events and venues.

Also groups. Might find Groups in SL Search (sort by Popularity; I'm not sure how that's measured but it does suppress old, moribund groups), or just make it a topic of conversation when you meet somebody with the good taste to share your particular interests: "What groups should I belong to, to hear more lofi electro swing?" (and as an icebreaker, it sure beats "cute avatar!")

One group that might be of interest for live music, poetry, gallery exhibition openings, etc: "Hotel Chelsea Manhattan NYC". (Notices are about that venue but chat is broader.) It's just an example; there are many groups that will help you find events that match your interests. 

Curate a private network of trusted groups and blogs. Search can help build that network but it's too noisy and gamed to use for finding events and venues directly.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I've come to terms with this long ago. c-c

TBH, I think you are just trolling. SL got boring so now you are invading the forum for your entertainment.  Please find something constructive to do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

TBH, I think you are just trolling. SL got boring so now you are invading the forum for your entertainment.  Please find something constructive to do.

TBH, sometimes it's more convenient to come to the forum for a taste of SL drama than to actually go into SL. Midnoot isn't the only one who does this. I bet most of us here do it. Maybe we're on our phone or working while our computer is open to the SL forum. Maybe we don't have a good enough internet connection or we just can't be playing in SL for whatever reason. 

Does anyone here go into SL & then think "Oh my gosh, I need to log out of SL so I can go on the forum instead"?  I do if I want to post a picture with information about a new region or sale, but usually I'm only on the forum because I'm on my phone instead using my computer.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Midnoot said:

But what are the most common keywords for PG areas that rival traffic like this?

Why? 

*Edit* I see the discussion has drifted to "PG things to do in Second Life". Is that why?

Looks like a lot of drama unfolded. lol!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 86 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.