The most used PG keyword - Sim Search

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 86 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Does anyone here go into SL & then think "Oh my gosh, I need to log out of SL so I can go on the forum instead"?  I do if I want to post a picture with information about a new region or sale, but usually I'm only on the forum because I'm on my phone instead using my computer.

You don't need to log out of SL to go on the forum.  I log in SL then come see what the forum is complaining about every day.  Not everyone is playing SL exactly the same.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

TBH, sometimes it's more convenient to come to the forum for a taste of SL drama than to actually go into SL. Midnoot isn't the only one who does this. I bet most of us here do it. Maybe we're on our phone or working while our computer is open to the SL forum. Maybe we don't have a good enough internet connection or we just can't be playing in SL for whatever reason. 

Does anyone here go into SL & then think "Oh my gosh, I need to log out of SL so I can go on the forum instead"?  I do if I want to post a picture with information about a new region or sale, but usually I'm only on the forum because I'm on my phone instead using my computer.

Maybe this was a legitimate post when it began however, since the OP has shot down every reasonable suggestion given it's now turned into simply trolling. They don't want advice, they just want to whine.  Don't go shopping at Walmart if what you really want only Target sells.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Idk why you're angry, honestly . Every single response from every single person was " don't use search.  Use something else instead " so it was kind of a safe bet to assume nobody actually used the search here  . I did try the things you said , except the " do the opposite of what you want and the thing you actually want might come to you " part. °`°

As a reminder, I was the 1st person who responded to you and I did suggest using inworld Search. I just don't think keywords are particularly helpful when one is simply looking for people to chat with.

On 2/8/2024 at 1:17 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

My suggestion is to forget about the most popular keywords. Pick a random word that interests you or pops into your head, then go down the list to find a sim that sounds interesting. Keep doing this, while you save LMs for places that look interesting or have actual people in them. Remember, many of those Adult or RP sims are full of bots that drive up a fake traffic number.

Some suggestions for interesting sims:

The Wastelands, New Toulouse, any large amusement park, and the Welcome Hub.

Keywords and traffic can be gamed. 

Pick subjects that actually interest you, then see for yourself if they are people there who you want to chat with and who want to chat with you.

Well, the thing is, I'm not particularly looking for things I'm already interested in in Second Lyfe. I 've played out those options long ago. Now it's about discovering NEW things to possibly become interested in. That comes with being around people, reading chats, engaging with new people. Where do you find most people? Hot spots. Where are the hot spots besides Blues Clubs and sex sims? A few have been mentioned here, which I do frequent,

but I want 

3jgukd.jpg

When it comes to mainstream searches that even someone like a noob would have access to, ( and not well established, 100 group having, music event stalking, bot statistic analyzing, experienced users would have) SL looks pretty bleak.  Which is why I'm curious to how other people find them.

The event list is like 99% music . I don't listen to other people's music unless they link it to me. It's all 80s streams anyway, since SL's userbase seems to be majorly aged 50s to 60s :P.  They all take you to a dance floor somewhere. Same club environment.

Most groups I've joined ( and that's at least 50+) have been dead and barely respond. So the group networking option kinda doesn't work for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 86 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.