Official Bellisseria Subcontenent Names

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm puzzled as to why the BBB is pushing @primerib1 's map, when the map available from a vendor in their own headquarters in Swordfish is this one.

BelliMapv1.thumb.jpg.8810349ca008eab41fb20e1d86ebb142.jpg

I haven't yet updated it to include the Mediterranean homes.  That said, I like her name for the Upper Clump (Pickle End).  She may have left out the Lower Clump, for which I suggest "Fishtown End".  I like her carving out "Victoria East";  and I suggest that my "North Houseboats" and her "New Islands" be combined to "North Islands".   I'm open to "StiltLands" instead of "StilHaven"; tho many of the stilts are not actually on Land of any kind.  I think the Campwich area DOES deserve it's own name, as I've done.

ETA: I plan to update this map soon with the Mediterraneans, some of Claire's names, and any other suggestions made here that folks seem to like.

Edited by Nika Talaj
future updates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

"Sakurasseria"??? I've never seen anyone call Sakura that before today.

"Belliserria Alps" on a flat part of Bellisseria at sea level with windmills and chalets that has no alps?!

"Mediterranea" ?  Did her N key break?!

"Bellisseria Forest" for Logland?  Nope.

Some of the names are misplaced, inaccurate and totally awful sounding. I will not be using them.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Here are the names I use for the major landmasses of Bellisseria, which I will continue to use.

BellisseriaMapSKB.thumb.png.5bb61e97c912d81444ce823d7fa85f9d.png

Some Linden Homes themes share the same landmass, but I choose to use the dominant theme name on that landmass for the entirety of that landmass, or a neutral name, or a name based from the time they appeared during Bellisseria's evolution from 2019 onwards. 

The first part of Bellisseria appeared in 2019 and was initially just called "Bellisseria" as that;s all there was at the time. But today, that landmass is mostly known now as "Old Bellisseria" or "Old Belli", although some call it "Primordial Bellisseria". A southern extension appeared next, which I sometimes call "South Bellisseria", but is generally known as the "Victorians" because of it's Victorian theme. 

To the east of "Old Bellisseria" is "The Pickle", an island of houseboats which was nicknamed by the forum community as it resembles a pickle. Personally, I think "The Pickle" looks like Bart Simpson's head in side profile!  A hollowed-out more watery version to "The Pickle" then followed and was dubbed the "Squishy Pickle" by the forum community. It was later cloned and copy-pasted to the south of the "Victorian" landmass too.

The rest of the landmass names I use are self-explanatory. Except for the large collection of houseboats north of the Chalets and Newbrooke. I have no idea what this big houseboats area is actually named, but they are the largest concentration of Houseboats in the entirety of Bellisseria, so "Houseboat Islands" is a stand-in filler name which fits.

If I had the choice, I would like to name the "Houseboat Islands" the "West Mãebaleia Islands", as a nod to Satori continent's alternative "Mãe baleia" name (meaning "Mother Whale" in Portugese), which they closely neighbour and connect to. If you look at Satori continent's shape on the world map, you can clearly see the image of a leaping/swimming whale and her calf.

mc3a3ebaleia.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The Bellisserian Bureau of Bureaucracy, who are promoting this thing on the official Linden blog, are Linden-backed and Linden-subsidised, which makes them official in most senses of the word. 'Bureau' is just French for 'office', after all.

• Thanks 1

Yay Game of Names.

I usually go with names that Lindens use. For Linden Homes, this kinda works geographically except for houseboats and campers. The only non-actual-theme-name that is anywhere close to being "official" is Fantasseria and only because Patch used it in public chat. And Sakura will always and forever be Sakura. "Pickle" is good  (but not squishy, Yuck). My pet names are Trads, Vickies, Logs, Stilts,  Meds, Ranches, Chalets, Campers, Houseboats and Newbrookes.

And, of course, that lake in the middle of the Trads is Lake Diamond. The river splitting the Chalets and Stilts is The Great River.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all, if these lands are volcanic islands, there need to be more mountains and volcanos. Second, I prefer shorter, simpler names in general.

Old Belli North - Includes Traditionals, Campwich Forest, Pickle, Cental Houseboats (aka Squishy Pickle) & some of SW Victoria

Old Belli South -  SW Victoria, SW Houseboats (aka Squishy Pickle South)

Central Victoria - Merrymount & Victoria Island (aka Vic Island)

Central Belli - NW Victoria, Logland, Stilt Islands, Ranchland, Mediterranean (aka Medi), North Coast Stilts, Belli Island, Welcome Island, & Sakura

Fantasseria

Eastern Belli - Newbrook, Chalet Land (aka Chalets), Houseboat Islands (aka NW Houseboats), & NE Coast Houseboats.

Southern Belli - to be completed later (I'm hoping for a subcontinent with The Bayou (1024 m), Garden Distict (1024 m), & Gothica (2048 m Gothic mansions.) This area might also be said to include Fantasseria.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What do you think of these official names?

I think most of them are too long. What's wrong with just Newbrook or Sakura?

These new names don't appeal to me either.  Agree that most are too long.  I think one name with "-sseria" on the end is enough too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

"Sakurasseria"??? I've never seen anyone call Sakura that before today.

"Belliserria Alps" on a flat part of Bellisseria that has no alps?

"Mediterranea" ?  Did her N key break?!

"Bellisseria Forest" for Logland?  Nope.

Some of the names are misplaced, inaccurate and totally stupid sounding. They're dreadful. I will not be using them.

In regards to the "Mediterranea", maybe who ever picked the name is a Duran Duran fan? It's one of their best songs on their "All You Need Is Now" album. I used the name on an ocean side Traditional once. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I think one name with "-sseria" on the end is enough too.

..or too much..!

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What do you think of these official names?

I think most of them are too long. What's wrong with just Newbrook or Sakura?

Thanks! I somehow missed the link in your original post until now.

• Like 1

A Bit of Bellisseria Map History

Here is a map of what some might call "Old Belli" that divides the area into BelliBin trash collection regions. Curious (to me) is that the only name on the map that is perhaps still in use is 'The Pickle". From September 2019.

Bellisseria Map Sep 2019.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Trash collection is/was a thing there?

Yes. It's kind of like the GTFO game. People can buy the trash and recycle bins on Marketplace. ( They might be free or nearly free.) Then if people want to go around collecting the trash, there are pick up days and a chance of getting gifts in the trash as well.

I thought it might be a good way of unloading excess no copy inventory items, but I didn't look into it deeply enough.

* Something else I wish we had in Belli would be weekend yard sales, with just free stuff (since we can't sell things).

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

Nope. I'm dyslexic. I already have to copy/paste the B word. The theme names are much easier to spell and people know what I mean, so I mainly use those. I do use squishy pickle and things like the direction/location of smaller areas.

Randomly adding vowels really doesn't work. Not if you want people to use the words to talk to each other. A lot of the names people invent will never catch on, because they're not really usable. They're just to look nice on a map.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

A Bit of Bellisseria Map History

Here is a map of what some might call "Old Belli" that divides the area into BelliBin trash collection regions. Curious (to me) is that the only name on the map that is perhaps still in use is 'The Pickle". From September 2019.

Bellisseria Map Sep 2019.jpg

This is a STUNNING map!! Beautiful design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

I'm against these names. Can we have a community vote?

You mean, you don't like the idea of making up these names?  I think of them as nicknames, primarily intended to help new people find the different theme areas in Belli. 

Or, you don't like some/all of the proposed names?  If so, which do you like, and which don't you like?  Do you have different names you like?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.