If You Divided the SL population into two groups

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People who think that there are only 2 groups of people.

People who think that the number of groups of people is irrelevant.

deleted

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
playing it safe

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

There is no way that dividing people into "us versus them" groups won't turn out to be mean-spirited. 

The Pink Floyd song wasn't too mean IIRC!  I'll check just in case.  Yeah, it's about war and neglect.

Us and Them

Us and them
And after all
We're only ordinary men

Me and you
God only knows it's not what
We would choose to do

"Forward", he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
The general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side

Black and blue
And who knows which is which
And who is who

Up and down
And in the end
It's only round and round, and round

"Haven't you heard it's a battle of words?"
The poster bearer cried
"Listen, son", said the man with the gun
"There's room for you inside"

They're not gonna kill ya
So like, if you give 'em a quick short, sharp, shock, they won't do it again
Dig it? I mean he got off lightly 'cause I would've given him a thrashing
I only hit him once
It was only a difference of right and wrong, innit?
But really, I mean good manners don't cost nothing, do they, eh?

Down and out
It can't be helped
But there's a lot of it about

With, without
And who'll deny
It's what the fighting's all about

Out of the way it's a busy day
I've got things on my mind
For want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died

• Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

People who like to start drama as a form of entertainment 

People who are mature enough not to

There is no way that dividing people into "us versus them" groups won't turn out to be mean-spirited. 

You might be right, but i didnt mean it to be that way when i created the thread.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Those who appreciate order and predictability, expect things to work as planned, and strive for wardrobes and living spaces that reflect attention to details. They have (or wish they had) tidy inventories.  They are easily upset when systems do not behave as expected and when other people or events upset their schedules or use of space. They respect boundaries and clear rules and they look for ways to mark and protect their own boundaries and rules, but they quietly admire the fact that some people don't have to work as much at keeping SL from becoming a chaotic mess. They would hire a good lawyer if SL had any.

Those who enjoy unpredictability and finding quirks, expect things to fail occasionally, and are blithely unaware that they scatter things in odd places and ignore other people's schedules. They don't care to spend time organizing inventories. They take bugs and system failures in stride and change plans spontaneously when they happen. They take a relaxed view of boundaries and almost enjoy ambiguous rules, but they begrudgingly appreciate the fact that more organized people keep SL from falling apart. They would be good lawyers if there was a role for them in SL.

There's an odd symbiosis between the two groups, and a bit of crossover. Each group would be upset if the other disappeared, and just as upset if they dominated SL.  They do depend on each other, after all. The groups fill the gaps in each other's world views, even as they accuse each other of sending SL to hell in a handbasket.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

There's an odd symbiosis between the two groups, and a bit of crossover. Each group would be upset if the other disappeared, and just as upset if they dominated SL.  They do depend on each other, after all. The groups fill the gaps in each other's world views, even as they accuse each other of sending SL to hell in a handbasket.

Those who would argue that 😀

Those who would agree 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've got a good one, which applies to most people:

"Those who are me, vs. Those who wish they were me."

I wouldn't say that is applies to "most" people.  Based on my experience, I'd say 'less than half' even.  (note that I took that as the 'conceited me')

On Topic:
Those that socialize a lot in SL and those that don't.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Those who are in SL to create and attempt to make the world into a positive experience all can enjoy.  Those who like to 'join' things in any society.

vs

Those who are here to destroy and cause trouble. Those who like to tear things apart.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Those who are in SL to create and attempt to make the world into a positive experience all can enjoy.  Those who like to 'join' things in any society.

vs

Those who are here to destroy and cause trouble. Those who like to tear things apart.

Hmm - I don't fall into either category. 
I do not create in SL and I'm not in SL to make any "positive experience all can enjoy" and I do not like to "join things in society".
But I am also not here to destroy, cause trouble, or tear things apart.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

vs

Hmm - I don't fall into either category. 
I do not create in SL and I'm not in SL to make any "positive experience all can enjoy" and I do not like to "join things in society".
But I am also not here to destroy, cause trouble, or tear things apart.

Well, IMO, if you personally are enjoying yourself here in a positive way then you are making SL better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wouldn't say that is applies to "most" people.  Based on my experience, I'd say 'less than half' even.

On Topic:
Those that socialize a lot in SL and those that don't.

There's a third group, I guess - those who wish they were someone other than "me" (who "they" are)!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.