Sandbox Bellisseria (Yes, Bellisseria has a Linden Demo Home sandbox area now)

Mini Mole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I realize you might prefer that the add-on creators all be Premium and get the packs that way,

That wouldn't be so bad if it was a perk of being premium or even a perk of having any linden home. But having to get them each in turn.

I very much like my current spot - and don't want to "move" just to spam get the packs I'm still missing.

It's too bad those packs aren't full-perm items people could just use to build expansion mod-kits out of.

• Like 5

I like this new sandbox.

It will become very handy for experimenting with a build idea.

I also like that you can build outside the parcel lines - this is very handy as something that has happened to me in past after moving is that tricky problem of rezzing out my old build where I cam trying to remember where to aim my cursor to be able to rez it all. Here if I miss, I can edit it back to the right position - fine one of these that is rotated that same way as my new build and find the right spot to aim at - move the tricky things at the edges in a bit to make it easier, and then go rez that "fixed" setup at my new plot.

That said... I'd consider cutting the return time for "off parcel" stuff down a bit. Enough for kit makers to have some things "off to the side" but not for people to leave them around for hours.

I'm also very glad that my non-premium alt was able to go there and use the spot. There's a real problem with a lack of snadboxes for non-premium folks. And having this one in particular be open and M-rated means people can sit there and play around to see if they want to go premium, as well as use this if they're not comfortable being on G-rated land.

• Like 4

The new sandbox is totally okay.
But the used house rezzer scripts are not totally up to par yet. A lot of houses were locked this morning (not possible to change them) while only two persons were in the sim, non of us sitting in one of the taped off parcel areas. So they should be all available according to the explanations, but most where not.

Yes, I know Jira...... pffffff.
I hate that wailing wall.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 3:26 PM, Arwyn Quandry said:

@Abnor Mole Is there any way we can get all of the building packs available here? Currently I don't think there's any way to get them if you don't get that model of house, which sucks for creators. 

I wouldn't mind if the building packs were available only to Premium members, but textures should be available to all, so creators can make good add-ons for all the themes.

I have no desire to leave my Linden Home just to get more decor or textures. I picked some of the other texture packs when my alts owned houses in other themes, but when Alycia was trying all the available themes before going Basic, the building pack givers weren't working for some of the houses, so I couldn't get them all.

• Like 8

The house/theme changing scripts hardly work. I was just there again. No other person around, so I should be able to switch theme and house types.  But not one spot that I tried was available.  No wonder nobody is around every time I land there. The sandbox isn't really usable this way.
The scripts hang themselves and don't reset if the user leaves the parcel as it should be.

I filed a JIRA bug report, but..... well JIRA.  🙄
I hope one of the moles who worked on the scripts reads it here in this thread.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

• Moles

Have you tried doing the long touch to reset to see if that fixes the issue?

Edit: I just tried with a testing alt and it works. Touch and hold the controller for 4 or 5 seconds then let go. That resets the scripts (all Linden Homes controllers do this in fact) so if they stall you can get it working normally again. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Edit: I just tried with a testing alt and it works. Touch and hold the controller for 4 or 5 seconds then let go. That resets the scripts (all Linden Homes controllers do this in fact) so if they stall you can get it working normally again. 

Abnor, I think you and the other Moles have the magic touch. Every time I try to reset the controller, I get a message that it is resetting, but it doesn't reset. I have to contact support. The last time that happened a few days ago, I had to have someone come out and restart the region.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I just tried your tip and it works, so thanks for that.
Maybe an idea to put up a sign that explains this, near the sandbox's landing point?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Abnor Mole said:

If that was a Fantasy controller, those have a separate issue we are aware of and trying to work out a fix. When I reset the controller in the Sandbox just now I did so on a testing alt account (no magic touch included). 

No, it was the houseboat that created multiple houseboats whenever I tried to switch models.

• Like 2

Hey if you're going through and updating the houses, could you be a darling and set the click action to 'none' for everything that isn't a door, window or control panel?

Right now, every part of the linden homes is demanding to be clicked with that grabby cursor and hover tips for clickable items, there's nowhere for our poor cursors to rest

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Hey if you're going through and updating the houses, could you be a darling and set the click action to 'none' for everything that isn't a door, window or control panel?

Right now, every part of the linden homes is demanding to be clicked with that grabby cursor and hover tips for clickable items, there's nowhere for our poor cursors to rest

Rez a single cube and place in a convenient spot so you have a place to rest your cursor when needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reading this I finally got the houses to switch out. Yay! Major achievement. But I wouldn't have known how to change homes had I not read this post! I know you Moles are diligently working to fit this. Maybe add signage for now?

The second problem encountered: when I tried to change colors on the house, nothing happened. Touch and long touch did not give me control. Is this the way it will work? (hope not!)

Thank you for installing this great idea! 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 7:05 AM, Extrude Ragu said:

On 11/28/2023 at 7:10 AM, Blush Bravin said:

Rez a single cube and place in a convenient spot so you have a place to rest your cursor when needed.

I made this suggestion because back when this change occurred there was a forum post noting the change and also asked if it could be changed. It was explained then by either Quartz or Dyna that the change was necessary and could not be changed. I can't find that thread though.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 5:05 AM, Extrude Ragu said:

Not none. Use the brand new "ignore object". It showed up in the newest official and firestorm Viewer releases just a day or so ago (possibly newer than your post).

It means that even a right click won't try to edit it. Since I use a 'mod' mesh body I've gone and even set my own avatar body to 'ignore this' so that I can move around in SL more like an MMO, and only get 'edit' if I first hit control-3 to open an edit window.

Having that on my house would be amazing. :)

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2

the sandbox home interior controllers will not work for you.. it would be some intense scripting job to get them to key to whoever rezzed them. Instead, the sandbox houses work the same way the demo houses work.. you can control the house selection controller but you cannot change the colors of the floor, door, walls, etc.

If you really need them to change, I recommend you use an interior wallpaper shell or exterior shell (as needed). There are some realty great ones on the marketplace at reasonable prices.

• Like 3

I hope the new theme will be implemented in the sandbox soon.
It would be nice to have some add-ons on the market for the new theme when people move in to these new houses.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.