Why Would Anyone Abandon Land on Zindra?

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a 3 x protected parcel beside my place I've lusted after for years.

I logged in today, and it was abandoned. Why why why? Its about 300 sqm, he could have sold it for $10 K no problem.

I'm gonna put in a ticked to buy it, but LL will probably put it to auction. It will  go for $20 K easy.

Not sure I want to pay that much though.

Oh well.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
hit post accidently

• BilliJo Aldrin changed the title to Why Would Anyone Abandon Land on Zindra?

Oh, if it's next to your parcel, put in a support ticket and say why you want it. LL may let you have it at $1/m^2. It's up to LL to do that, but if you have a nice looking build and aren't renting out your land, you may well get it.

I got one parcel in Vallone that way. It's the one that has the big fountain and the stone lions.

(I sometimes put tech demos around the fountain. Right now, one of the stone lions is a flat impostor. Can you tell without walking into the fountain? There's also a bench which, if you stand near it too long, will say "Please take a seat" and seat you using an experience. I've wanted those at "safe hubs", with maybe a 4 hour timer, to get the lost bots out of the way.)

9 hours ago, animats said:

Oh, if it's next to your parcel, put in a support ticket and say why you want it. LL may let you have it at $1/m^2. It's up to LL to do that, but if you have a nice looking build and aren't renting out your land, you may well get it.

I got one parcel in Vallone that way. It's the one that has the big fountain and the stone lions.

(I sometimes put tech demos around the fountain. Right now, one of the stone lions is a flat impostor. Can you tell without walking into the fountain? There's also a bench which, if you stand near it too long, will say "Please take a seat" and seat you using an experience. I've wanted those at "safe hubs", with maybe a 4 hour timer, to get the lost bots out of the way.)

gonna try but i get an error message every time i click “support” on my home page

5 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

My experience is that the land team goes slow with AL. There is a waiting period after abandonment and if multiple people request the parcel, it certainly will be auctioned. No special treatment is afforded to neighbors if the parcel is obviously worth more than the minimum.

lol its worth at least 20 times more than minimum

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There have been times in the past where folks abandoned whole sims or sold them on a first com basis for 1 linden so abandoning land is not unusual :D.  Hope it works out for you. 

its zindra though, protected on three sides. he could have listed it for $ 5 L per sq m and it would have sold literally in minutes

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added words
  • Like 1

Its interesting, he had divided the parcel into two small parcels before abandoning them. I was just there and he reclaimed one of them.

I sent him a text and a note card offering him $20 L per sq meter for the one he reclaimed and the same amount for the other one if he reclaims it also.

He also has a large parcel on the same sim, perhaps he is trying to get to a lower tier level

We will see.

😁

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Not all abandoned land is abandoned voluntarily.

Obviously this was, because he still has a large parcel on the same sim.

Yep, it was about lowering his tier level. His main parcel is 1024 plus 10% for the group bonus.

*rubbing my hands in glee hoping to get the land*

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff

I regularly think about buying the land near me in Zindra and then abandoning it just to make a buffer against some things. But then I realize that like as not it will just go up for auction and be replaced by an even worst "buy this land" prefab build that whatever it was that was bugging me.

Currently I've been eyeing a plot near me that was bought by a "rent or buy this land" person - who then proceeded to rez a giant brick wall that overlapped the protected road - and now somebody's rented it to put in their skybox, but left the brick wall there AND added banlines.

- So I keep thinking... "yeah, maybe I should have bought that spot just so I could abandon it."

After all, abandoned land can take quite a while to go back into circulation and that "quite a while" might be worth paying 20K or so to get. ;)

• Like 1

why would anyone be dumb enough to pay 20k for a piece of land when you can buy abandoned land directly from LL for 1l$ a metre?

Unless you;re wanting to run an adult venue which the market is over saturated with, read up on their closed door policy.

ie if you have avatar privacy turned on, on your land, bonk away to your heart's content on moderate rated mainland.

42 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

why would anyone be dumb enough to pay 20k for a piece of land when you can buy abandoned land directly from LL for 1l$ a metre?

Unless you;re wanting to run an adult venue which the market is over saturated with, read up on their closed door policy.

ie if you have avatar privacy turned on, on your land, bonk away to your heart's content on moderate rated mainland.

There is no abandoned land for $1 L per sqm beside my place, but that abandoned parcel that I am willing to pay $20 L per sqm is. I don’t even want it to expand my building, I already have an entirely empty top floor.

I want it for the extra prims.

If the owner wants to sell it to me for $1L per sqm I’ll be more than happy to give him that amount.

Its all about sex for some of you isn’t it?

😂

2 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I regularly think about buying the land near me in Zindra and then abandoning it just to make a buffer against some things. But then I realize that like as not it will just go up for auction and be replaced by an even worst "buy this land" prefab build that whatever it was that was bugging me.

Currently I've been eyeing a plot near me that was bought by a "rent or buy this land" person - who then proceeded to rez a giant brick wall that overlapped the protected road - and now somebody's rented it to put in their skybox, but left the brick wall there AND added banlines.

- So I keep thinking... "yeah, maybe I should have bought that spot just so I could abandon it."

After all, abandoned land can take quite a while to go back into circulation and that "quite a while" might be worth paying 20K or so to get. ;)

normal land might take a while, but not on Zindra 😁

• Like 1

I once offered land to a neighbour and they bought it from me at a cheap price. I have spent weeks with land for sale reducing cost hoping some one will buy it without success.. now unless it is a parcel I spent a lot on I would just abandon it.

When you have found somewhere you really want, and have to factor in temporarily going up a tier level with what you might get from a purchase whatever you might make on it will be at cost of a gamble and ongoing hassle of worrying about it. Life is too short in most cases for that sort of thing just be rid abandon and move on 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

I once offered land to a neighbour and they bought it from me at a cheap price. I have spent weeks with land for sale reducing cost hoping some one will buy it without success.. now unless it is a parcel I spent a lot on I would just abandon it.

When you have found somewhere you really want, and have to factor in temporarily going up a tier level with what you might get from a purchase whatever you might make on it will be at cost of a gamble and ongoing hassle of worrying about it. Life is too short in most cases for that sort of thing just be rid abandon and move on 

A lot of times i'll just abandon a parcel, its money spent, it doesn't cost anything more to abandon it.

Its all free money anyway, from my $300 L a week stipend.

If i drop land to $1 L per sqm though, it usually sells pretty fast.

I did bump my tier to acquire the bulk of my current parcel in Kama City. The previous owner had sold it to a flipper who relisted it for $5 L per sq m. Obviously he was new at land flipping because he could have asked at least 4 times that much. I was like OMG, $5 L for protected land beside my 512?

I bought Lindens, bought the land, then listed and sold my parcel on Moderate before the next tier due date

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Like 1

My long term plan has always been to own the whole side of the city block. Kama city monorail is along along the back, and road along the other 3 sides. So yes I'll pay for parcels as they come up, even if they are more than $1 L per sq m. 😂

4 sides protected land in Kama City? Priceless.

propertycomposite03.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed picture to avoid possibly angering people
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It may be temporarily abandoned to allow tier for another deal. Within that week waiting period, the owner can request the abandoned land back again. Assuming the other deal was completed.

Or it may be group owned land that has lost tier support from its contributors, living or dead. LL will reclaim this unsupported group land when they get around to it.

1 hour ago, Island Granville said:

It may be temporarily abandoned to allow tier for another deal. Within that week waiting period, the owner can request the abandoned land back again. Assuming the other deal was completed.

Or it may be group owned land that has lost tier support from its contributors, living or dead. LL will reclaim this unsupported group land when they get around to it.

I dunno, LL sold it to me. I contacted the owner about selling me the rest, but no reply. I'd even do a land swap, 300 sq m +/- of mine for his 300 sq m +/- corner,  plus $5000 L to make it worth his while. but he never seems to reply.

Oh well, as the song says,

Time is on my side

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 8:53 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

There is a 3 x protected parcel beside my place I've lusted after for years.

I logged in today, and it was abandoned. Why why why? Its about 300 sqm, he could have sold it for $10 K no problem.

I'm gonna put in a ticked to buy it, but LL will probably put it to auction. It will  go for $20 K easy.

Not sure I want to pay that much though.

Oh well.

The question I had last summer was: why would they sell it for $5/meter?

Answer: the market is saturated. There is pretty much one monopolist who simply reached his limit, and it goes down fast when the ability to hold land for months on end and still make back the tier for all those months IS NOW OVER.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2023 at 4:41 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Oh well, as the song says,

Time is on my side

No.

The premise of the land baron market has always been "I can hold this parcel for months on end because the bulk-rate tier I pay for it will be more than covered by my final sale price."

Except, the market is saturated, concurrency is stagnant, the Lindens' other products compete with Mainland significantly now, and the Linden dollar is devalued now to a wait-for-days 246. 

The golden age of land baronry is long over; the silver age is now coming to a close. After the Golden Age in RL history of magnificent palaces and realms came the Iron Age of mass replication -- Bellisseria.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.