3rd Annual Trick or Treat Event!

Claire Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

If buckets aren't responding, try again after the next round of region restarts.   That should get them running again.  Or message me with the region name, and I'll restart it (but please first ask the parcel owner to re-rez the bucket and. message me only if that doesn't work). 

We've made a note of the various issues and they should be fixed for next year's event. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Is there any way to know the number of currently rezzed buckets? It makes a huge difference if you have to collect 800 out of 900 or 800 out of 3000 from the hundreds of Belli sims. And while we know it at least was possible to reach 800 but we don't even know if it is still possible for those who started recently.

I keep finding the same buckets again and again, constantly get ejected before I can reach some of them. Basically it's a huge source of frustration and begins to feel like a waste of time (at my current rate of ~15 new candy a day I see no way to finish it). Please @Linden Lab give us some info on about what we're facing, so we can know what we commit ourselfs to.

• Like 1

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Caduceus/70/154/34

37 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

It makes a huge difference if you have to collect 800 out of 900 or 800 out of 3000 from the hundreds of Belli sims. And while we know it at least was possible to reach 800 but we don't even know if it is still possible for those who started recently.

A Mole popped in this topic to advise that there were more than 800 buckets. They usually will not give specific numbers.  We really don't need a percentage of 800/XXXX.   Last year there were around 900-1000 buckets, I think (I finished in the top 10 with just over 900 candies).  

If you're struggling and not set on the idea of finding buckets without help, use the lists provided by the Belli group (in notices).  There are over 500 listed in one of them and over 300 in the other.  There are some dups unfortunately, but hitting 800 should still be doable. I added over 200 candies to my total yesterday alone. 

7 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Would be nice if the buckets told the owner how many candies they gave when they get collected by the great pumpkin in the sky.  

I would have liked this too; liked seeing how many had stopped by, but was not able to get on much in the last week. However - I did love this year's event. I didn't go collecting, but I did enjoy spending a couple of evenings sitting at my video store chatting with those who popped by hunting. 

13 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Would be nice if the buckets told the owner how many candies they gave when they get collected by the great pumpkin in the sky.  

The only way to know that is to manually check right before midnight. You can either hold your mouse on the bucket for a few seconds and a box pops up or you go into edit mode and look at the number in the description :) 

🐹

4 hours ago, JessycaJayne said:

The only way to know that is to manually check right before midnight. You can either hold your mouse on the bucket for a few seconds and a box pops up or you go into edit mode and look at the number in the description :) 

🐹

Exactly my point.  Manually checking it before it gets zapped isn't practical.    

• Thanks 1

The system ran pretty smoothly this year. A few broken buckets, but most of those fixed during restarts. A set target meant I did a lot more of the resident events this year and had the boopies to take along with me, rather than getting the prizes after the season is all done. Getting a decor version of all of them was good for future decorating. A lot more relaxed all around.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.