Second Life "Life Hacks"

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

2) If someone claims to be a Linden, you can verify from the "Linden Lab employee" badge on their profile. Display names are useless; do not go by them.

Their dot color on the mini-map will also be blue instead of green.

And... if someone pretends to be a linden - they will not have an SL account for very long. ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Often, gun gestures use shift + D to draw, but you can often rebind it to something else - allowing you keep Shift + D for strafing with your avatar instead. If the provided gestures are no-mod you can still see what the chat command is (usually something like '/1 draw') and make your own instead.

You're much more likely to 'survive' travelling through region corners when moving at a slower speed, although it's always best to drive into one region first and giving it a few seconds to figure out where you're at before moving into the next whenever possible.

If you wish to centre something on a wall that isn't aligned to the grid, you can use a prim and extrude it to the edges to find the centre and copy the coordinates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1. Перш ніж додати в друзі, ви можете переглянути профіль оферента.
2. Навряд чи у вас вийде творити в порожнистому скайбоксі - краще підійде пісочниця або орендована земля.
3. Розрахувати PRIM - завжди, коли щось ставите.
4. Іноді в клубі багато людей, але ніхто не спілкується (може власники самі себе клонують?) це жарт - і альтів багато))

5. За вами постійно полюють - будь-де і будь-коли ( з різними цілями) інколи весело (сміявся про "поцілунок смерті")
6. Затримка може бути чисто вашою або глобальною - ви падаєте і починаєте знову - іноді це технічна робота або збій. Іноді потрібно переосмислити свою складність, виключити все, крім друзів або їх. У деяких глядачів є функція «прискорити графіку», щоб вимкнути ВСІ аватари. Мені це допомагає.
7. Для фотографій ми включаємо вищу графіку)
8. Натовп людей створює для вас тягар.
9. «Все в SL вимагає HUD» - запам'ятайте це) - якщо ви не впевнені - відхиліть запропоновані запити, картинки, текстури або нотатки. Або заблокувати.
10. Подивіться уважно не тільки на рейтинг зрілості - я також дивлюся на значки в рядку заголовка - дозволи - там може бути написано "тут ви можете постраждати".
11. Я люблю читати про... що мене хвилює або що мені зараз потрібно - є форуми,
12. після Майнкрафт я прийшов сюди, донька пішла на 2 дні на SL, а син на Dota. кожному своє)

Gr.jpg

Edited by Enola2017
add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SL has moles, who are not furry little rodents but Linden Lab employees (not exactly Lindens, but on the same team). They make things that show up on public land in places like Bellisseria and in games like Linden Homes. They spend more time in world than most Lindens do and they tend to travel in packs, so they are a little easier to spot. They are friendly but they usually don't like to be disturbed while they are working.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Troubled by Bots (Scripted Agents) in Second Life? Don't be!

Here's a "Life Hack", Bots treat you like a "Hollywood Celebrity"!

- "Land Survey" Bots are including your Home in "Maps to Star's Homes"!

- "Body/Head/Attachment" Bots are asking "Who are you wearing?" for the "Red Carpet"!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

Once you have placed your building, lock the stupid thing before the stupid owner manages to delete it/take like this stupid owner just did. 

I know to lock it but often forget.

^^^^^  THIS!!  I have deleted my home SO. MANY. TIMES!!!!  I lock at LOT of stuff now, all buildings, skyboxes, platforms, landscaping features, especially anything I might try to rez something else on.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

^^^^^  THIS!!  I have deleted my home SO. MANY. TIMES!!!!  I lock at LOT of stuff now, all buildings, skyboxes, platforms, landscaping features, especially anything I might try to rez something else on.

So damn stressful isn't it. There trying to position it where it was before. And thinking u have done it and then realise something is missing and is buried in the wall. I do it with platforms a lot as well, I wish the "restore to last position" Worked

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

So damn stressful isn't it. There trying to position it where it was before. And thinking u have done it and then realise something is missing and is buried in the wall. I do it with platforms a lot as well, I wish the "restore to last position" Worked

It only works if your parcel covers region position 0,0,0... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

It only works if your parcel covers region position 0,0,0... 

There is a work-around which Rolig Loon called somewhat "risky"... restore_last_position [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

"Restore to position" also works in some other TPV's (e.g. Singularity), but again - without the work-around - only if your parcel covers region position 0,0,0... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

Before you lock a house, platform, or something else that might be difficult to put back into position. Put its coordinates in its description window. If it's No Modify, you can put them in the title of notecard in its folder instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Before you lock a house, platform, or something else that might be difficult to put back into position. Put its coordinates in its description window. If it's No Modify, you can put them in the title of notecard in its folder instead.

Yes, I have done that but rarely think of it!  Thank you!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

There is a work-around which Rolig Loon called somewhat "risky"... restore_last_position [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

"Restore to position" also works in some other TPV's (e.g. Singularity), but again - without the work-around - only if your parcel covers region position 0,0,0... 

Gonna play with that as soon as I have time!  Thanks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

Your do not need your parcel to encompass 0,0,0. You only need to have rez rights at that position.

Regarding the "risky," when the function was first introduced there was a problem with "no copy" items becoming permanently lost. The ability to "return to last position" is now restricted in Firestorm (I don't know about other TPVs). You can only use it for items that are "copy" so there is no risk of losing them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I used to log position on a notecard, but then started locking the item but may try n get into the habit of doing that as well incase I forget to lock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.