Tasty Malts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Tried again. Getting closer, but the facial hair is wrong, still too young, and he is too casual in this particular t-shirt.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d8fc019be7ea495494067940438c700.jpeg

I finally found a balance of masculine features and clothes I liked.  I like the way he turned.  He has a real-life proportioned shape with no exaggerated muscles or over-done tattoos (although I like tattoos and he has some.) He is a normal height, not a giant and aged a bit.  I was trying for realistic, which is pretty boring for some, and I do love fantasy avatars.  Maybe one day I will try for a fantasy look with him.  Mike is so patient when it comes to trying on demos.  I'm sure he won't mind.

image.thumb.jpeg.165680653a5cdb6a78e171e9dc13fee2.jpeg

Tasty indeed!  I would take him out for a spin any day!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The assumption in that post seemed to be that how women create a male avatar to look represents what they view as sexy. I think this may be true sometimes, but not always.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I finally found a balance of masculine features and clothes I liked.

Between the bulk of the stuff I see on sale at events and stuff in these threads I expected most would look too feminine and women actually wouldn't be attracted to them. Gotta put in the extra effort to avoid that though, clearly.

44 minutes ago, janetheslot said:

Fun post! Maybe you should post on the thread where the men are complaining about not being able to meet women and suggest they ask a woman to style their avatar for them, haha.

Has anyone told them to just IM everyone that lands at a popular event? Shotgun approach!

• Haha 2

Alright, finally finished the makeovers. Geez, getting these guys into the right hair and makeup is harder than doing it for any of my female avies. Picky lil so-n-sos.

Just a quick note re: too feminine - it shouldn't come as any surprise that my male avatars are feminine-as-f$@#! In RL, I prefer to date feminine men as well (surprise). In SL, I style my male avatars on various RL models and fashion icons and performers (obvious inspo from Billy Porter and Prince of course, also Lil Nas X, Wisdom Kaye, Gabriel Bin, etc.). Trust me, it's on purpose. 😂

Anyhoo, here's Ford

Ford Makeover

And Quinn

Quinn Makeover

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Can someone make me one of these, please...

wp2259804.thumb.png.c83e8abe415459595edea357230d158c.png

You could likely get close with Lel Quinn + a skin from Not Found or Stray Dog. Gonna havta dig for dem eyebrows, tho, lol! Maybe Nuve.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Leora Greenwood said:

@Cinnamon Mistwood and @Scylla Rhiadra you are both so good at styling your guys, the body, the hair, the clothes, the pose, the setting.  I feel so lame; my poor boy never gets let out to do anything and never gets primped.  How did you learn all that?

Thank you! I can't speak for Cinn, but my Malts need to look as good as I can make them because I'm going to be featuring them in photos. So I keep half an eye out when shopping for good looking stuff for men. They have to look as "good" as me, or they'll drag down the pic.

Other than that, trial and error and a lot of tweaking!

R/Egress

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Holy balls!!!!

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, what @Love Zhaoying said.

This one . . .

Lmao, thank you guys. I swear, I changed his hair style, hair color, eyes, and eyeshadow about 45 times before I landed on that combo and said ok forget it you're DONE, you hear me? Done, now go stand over there! 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

@Cinnamon Mistwood and @Scylla Rhiadra you are both so good at styling your guys, the body, the hair, the clothes, the pose, the setting.  I feel so lame; my poor boy never gets let out to do anything and never gets primped.  How did you learn all that?

It took me years of logging Mike in when I was inspired to go shopping for him again.  I have a difficult time finding items for a male avatar and actually locating what I want.  I don't know the stores or quality of the clothes.  The styles of clothes and hairs I personally like aren't well represented. Hair took the longest to locate.

I didn't put much thought into location for any of the pics I posted.  2 taken at a Linden Home, one at a Bellisseria Community Center, and one at the Forum Cartel Hangout while I was sorting inventory. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It took me years of logging Mike in when I was inspired to go shopping for him again.  I have a difficult time finding items for a male avatar and actually locating what I want.  I don't know the stores or quality of the clothes.  The styles of clothes and hairs I personally like aren't well represented. Hair took the longest to locate.

I didn't put much thought into location for any of the pics I posted.  2 taken at a Linden Home, one at a Bellisseria Community Center, and one at the Forum Cartel Hangout while I was sorting inventory. 

The lesson I am hearing is to stick with the classes at the Photo Salon and scout the "manly" sales each weekend.  And take him out of his mothballs more than once a year and work on him a bit...........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lmao, thank you guys. I swear, I changed his hair style, hair color, eyes, and eyeshadow about 45 times before I landed on that combo and said ok forget it you're DONE, you hear me? Done, now go stand over there! 😄

It's the long hair and slightly androgynous facial features, and eyes that get me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's the long hair and slightly androgynous facial features, and eyes that get me.

Saaaaaaame. You should see me when I come across a guy like that for real. The whole freeze, squeak, turn around and self-pep talk thing. 😂

It's ok, you're fine, you can walk, walk right by, it's fine, omg, why he look like that tho, just breathe, don't pass out, turn around you dummy, keep walking, don't fall down! 

Long hair is my thinnnnnng.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Saaaaaaame. You should see me when I come across a guy like that for real. The whole freeze, squeak, turn around and self-pep talk thing. 😂

It's ok, you're fine, you can walk, walk right by, it's fine, omg, why he look like that tho, just breathe, don't pass out, turn around you dummy, keep walking, don't fall down! 

Long hair is my thinnnnnng.

I almost caught one of those for actual dating in RL (extra tall, long hair, fully tatted, the whole works) - he said I wasn't experienced enough. LOL! Flash forward, he's been married quite a few years. 🙂 ("One that got away")

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.