VAMPIRES!

Lauren Mortal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was in the furniture store in-world today, and I was camming around looking at products. When I returned to my avatar, there was another shopper standing right up against my avatar. I attached my progeny scanner HUD and was revealed they were a progeny vampire!!

I'm always getting harassed by these things is there really no way to opt out of this experience?? I do not like the feeling of being stalked while I'm out shopping!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lauren Mortal said:

I'm always getting harassed by these things is there really no way to opt out of this experience?? I do not like the feeling of being stalked while I'm out shopping!

Well...you do have the perfect surname to attract a vampire 🧛‍♀️

Sorry, just joking! But they can't really do you any harm...I would just ignore them if you're not interested :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Well...you do have the perfect surname to attract a vampire 🧛‍♀️

Sorry, just joking! But they can't really do you any harm...I would just ignore them if you're not interested :)

you must be one of them yourself as this sounds like exactly something they would say.

I don't appreciate being STALKED by anyone for ANY REASON while I am out and about on SL. To me personally, IT IS harmful!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lauren Mortal said:

you must be one of them yourself as this sounds like exactly something they would say.

I don't appreciate being STALKED by anyone for ANY REASON while I am out and about on SL. To me personally, IT IS harmful!

You said that there was another shopper standing close to you. That's it? That hardly qualifies as harassment and stalking, and honestly saying it does makes a mockery of those who have genuinely experienced those things. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

You said that there was another shopper standing close to you. That's it? That hardly qualifies as harassment and stalking, and honestly saying it does makes a mockery of those who have genuinely experienced those things. 

She was standing right up against my avatar.

It's enough knowing that random people in stores are seeking out my avatar to exploit me. It qualifies as stalking and it is harassment because I don't want it!

Edited by Lauren Mortal
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

How is it harming you?  If you hadn't zoomed back and seen her, she'd have done her thing with you none the wiser.   I'm sure I've been fed upon at some point.  Why worry about it?

why do I have to even explain why I don't like being followed and stalked without my consent?

you must be a fake person having a take like this. I want my personal space to be respected, even my avatar in SL because it's personal to me. Is that enough reason to not want to me preyed on without my consent ??? I want to go out shopping without being preyed on. What about that is so difficult to understand?

Edited by Lauren Mortal
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Either someone got bored and decided to roll up an Alt to try and stir up some entertainment or someone really needs to take about a thousand steps back and sit the Hades down.

Either way, yawn.

my account is almost 18 years old I'm not an alt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Lauren Mortal said:

why do I have to even explain why I don't like being followed and stalked without my consent?

you must be a fake person having a take like this. I want my personal space to be respected, even my avatar in SL because it's personal to me. Is that enough reason to not want to me preyed on without my consent ???

What constitutes a "fake person"? This seems like such a strange phrase to use. Do you mean that Rowen is an alt trolling the forum? Do you that she's not really human? Do you think she's a vampire herself, like you said to Rat, who is obviously not a vampire, but a rat.

I'm curious too why you have a Progeny HUD, if you don't want to play a SL vampire  roleplay game? I don't have one, and it's been well over a decade since I bought a garlic necklace to protect myself from Bloodlines vampire bite requests. People can't just bite you without your consent, right?

Oh, I think I get it. Is this a thread about consent in SL?

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Randall Ahren said:

Then you should know what to do. If the avatar is bothers you, block and derender.

That is not good enough.

It's not their avatar appearance of their chat that is offensive. It's the feeling of being STALKED when I am minding my own business, and the feeling that if I look away for one minute someone is going to pounce on me. Blocking and derendering does nothing to keep them away.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm curious too why you have a Progeny HUD, if you don't want to play a SL vampire  roleplay game? I don't have one, and it's been well over a decade since I bought a garlic necklace to protect myself from Bloodlines vampire bite requests. People can't just bite you without your consent, right?

I have the HUD because a friend gave it to me who said I was marked for feeding by the progeny system. She plays that predatory game but she was nice enough to tell me that I was MARKED.

I am deliberately targeted all the time and It makes for a very unfun experience. Maybe if it happened to you, maybe you would understand better what it's like.

Edited by Lauren Mortal
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lauren Mortal said:

I have the HUD because a friend gave it to me who said I was marked for feeding by the progeny system. She plays that predatory game but she was nice enough to tell me that I was MARKED.

I am deliberately targeted all the time and It makes for a very unfun experience. Maybe if it happened to you, maybe you would understand better what it's like.

With the Bloodlines game one could get their name removed from their files. Can you not do that with Progeny?

• Like 2

1. The age of your account means nothing whatsoever - it could be an account that was made years ago and not used often. Either way, citing the account age as "proof" is meaningless.
  2. Block, Mute and Derender offending Avatars such as Vampires. send in Reports on those actually stalking you. With actual proof of doing so.
    1. A random Vampire System user showing up near you is not stalking - period. Sit down.

Further responses at this point will get the response that is merited for what has been posted thus far.

Find another form of entertainment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:
  1. The age of your account means nothing whatsoever - it could be an account that was made years ago and not used often. Either way, citing the account age as "proof" is meaningless.
  2. Block, Mute and Derender offending Avatars such as Vampires. send in Reports on those actually stalking you. With actual proof of doing so.
    1. A random Vampire System user showing up near you is not stalking - period. Sit down.

Further responses at this point will get the response that is merited for what has been posted thus far.

Find another form of entertainment.

No.

I don't know what your stake is in this, but I don't want to be harassed by vampires in SL anymore. What is your problem with that exactly? I think you are the troll in here. I just want LL to do something about this and for there to be some kind of resolution. You on the other hand you offer nothing to the discussion but trying to be a contrarian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lauren Mortal said:

If anyone in this thread thinks this is okay behavior, please add me as a friend in-world and give me permission to locate you on the map. I will make some alt account sometimes and follow your avatar around. You can't opt out either. I bet you won't like it.

I'm in the Bloodlines database because a friend joined and wanted to bite me, and I said yes because I wanted to see the bite animation...but there was no way of tracking where I was, and nothing vampire-related happened after that (though I did have quite a few vamp friends!)...are you sure the HUD your friend gave you isn't behind this? :/ 

Otherwise...I'm thinking Solar might be right...are you trolling? xD

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.